The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2005 posts Page 46 of 134
Previous 1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 134 Next
Re: Chatterbox Anwyl
03 Jan 2014, 16:58
Erm ... Been out shopping (new kettle in the sales :0)) but still not done the flippin' ironing :0@
Oh well, there's always tomorrow while the rain hammers down. Too tired now for all that as dinner to be invented soon. That short sleep last night is catching up with me ,'o/
03 Jan 2014, 17:10
Right, I'm off shopping. We have a howling gale here and lashing rain. With the occasional hail shower thrown in. Getting hubby into the shop is going to be fun... not!
03 Jan 2014, 17:19
PennyForthem wrote: Madcatlady, it's such a relief when it's done, isn't it?

On travelling through my freezer (!) I found some lemon grass stalks and some frozen lime leaves, which have transformed my veg into a Thai dish. I've put some coconut powder and a little fish paste into it for good measure and have found some Amoy straight to wok rice noodles.
This is shaping up very nicely!

@carieoates when is the wedding? Or two?

Neice on my hubs side is 14th June and nephew on my side is 14th July. So both sides of the family. I am not allowed to wear the same outfit to both as my sis will go mental. I do have a silver fascinator, shoes, bag and pashmina, which I will use for both even if it kills me.

Argggggh.
Didn't get my nap, had yo take in to get his car from the menders, it broke on Boxing Day and it had to be recovered.

I'M KNACKERED.COM
:sleepy: :sleepy:
03 Jan 2014, 17:53
Smaller sizes then, @carieoates for sure.
03 Jan 2014, 17:55
PennyForthem wrote: Madcatlady, it's such a relief when it's done, isn't it?

On travelling through my freezer (!) I found some lemon grass stalks and some frozen lime leaves, which have transformed my veg into a Thai dish. I've put some coconut powder and a little fish paste into it for good measure and have found some Amoy straight to wok rice noodles.
This is shaping up very nicely!

@carieoates when is the wedding? Or two?

This sound lovely as well :grin:

I wanted something simple and "light", considering, as I am going for a drink with friends just now and, even if I don't usually have a soup on a non fast days, this one just called my name :cool:

I love simple dishes where you can throw what you have, the leftovers, like a good bubble and squeak, and it's a good contrast with the heavy sophisticated dishes there was these past 2 weeks

Off I go for the said drinks, be back later :wink:
03 Jan 2014, 18:52
Julieathome wrote: Afternoon all. I was nearly floored my a massive headache today. The kind where you are brushing your teeth and feels as if someone has just shoved a knitting needle through your head above your eyebrow. I think its sinusitis, but its got the feeling of being a migraine (nausea as well), but the meds I'm on aren't letting it get that far, just.

I've plowed on and have finally got the Christmas decorations down and all sorts of stuff up into the attic (I am running out of space up there, I need shelving) and I've started putting stuff on ebay. I'm supposed to go shopping in a bit as well, the visit to the gym has been well and truly cancelled today. I didn't fancy the idea of throwing up all over the weights or some poor gym member.

Dinner tonight is pizza, to use up the reduced ham I bought 2 days ago and the left over pineapple just sitting in the fridge, hubby will have the left over salami and pepperoni.

Talking about reduced supermarket stuff, I nipped into Morrisons yesterday, after going to the gym, and picked up one of their presentation, rustic wooden boxed, bottles of Rioja with a Blue Cheese and mature Lancashire cheese. All for the resounding price of ....... wait for it...... £1.25. I couldn't have bought one of the cheeses for that. I only went in for cat litter and bread. Reduced bageuttes, 25p for 4 as well. Plus the Motzarella balls at 19p instead of 90p. I had a good haul yesterday.

wish we had a Morrisons near here - we are just surrounded by Sainsbugs and the mecca known as Tesco!
03 Jan 2014, 18:59
The bra shopping didn't happen couldn't face it!
But popped into Sainsburgs and picked up their latest magazine (feb 2014) wow 4 page spread on foodies on 5:2 and love food hate diets? Simple suppers under 500cals. Settling down with a beer and the magazine tonight then :)
03 Jan 2014, 19:53
Has anyone else seen the advert for a two days a week diet. Supplement starts tomorrow. Was it the daily fail?
03 Jan 2014, 20:13
Back from Morrisons (again) this time with hubby, who bought me this.. http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hinari-MB280-Ge ... B000GG4MCU . I am going to have fun with that. Now where is the receipt, for guarantee purposes.

There wasn't much reduced today. In fact, I don't think we had anything reduced in the basket, no wait a minute, yes there was. A selection pack of 2 pates, reduced from £1.00 to 25p and a ready sliced Malt loaf, down to 28p. Its a shame its a fast day tomorrow.
03 Jan 2014, 20:53
carieoates wrote: Has anyone else seen the advert for a two days a week diet. Supplement starts tomorrow. Was it the daily fail?

Yes I'd seen it and it is the daily fail, amazing how they make it sound like it's their idea :shock: :wink:
03 Jan 2014, 20:59
just seen a Farmfoods ad - Strawberry Cheesecake for a £1 - you have to question what's gone into that!!
03 Jan 2014, 21:01
Air, mainly!
03 Jan 2014, 21:55
Well I never, apparently the village that I live in in Hertfordshire is changing its name to Kings Landing for one week next mont to coincide with Games of Thrones being released on DVD. According to our Councillor we are all very excited about it.

Well no one knocked on my door and asked my opinion or told me. In fact I've never even seen an episode. Is it good ? Worth watching? A quick poll of residents (husband on the other sofa) shows no one knew.
So it appears I'm moving back in time into a fantasy world for a week, I may feel the need to dress up and run amok, do they do that??
03 Jan 2014, 22:10
Minsmum wrote: Well I never, apparently the village that I live in in Hertfordshire is changing its name to Kings Landing for one week next mont to coincide with Games of Thrones being released on DVD. According to our Councillor we are all very excited about it.

Well no one knocked on my door and asked my opinion or told me. In fact I've never even seen an episode. Is it good ? Worth watching? A quick poll of residents (husband on the other sofa) shows no one knew.
So it appears I'm moving back in time into a fantasy world for a week, I may feel the need to dress up and run amok, do they do that??

Ooo. How exciting. You will need to choose your character carefully.......
03 Jan 2014, 22:24
@rawkaren I may needs some help with who to be, having never watched it. I mean I don't want to end up as the village hoochy mumma !!!
Previous 1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 134 Next
2005 posts Page 46 of 134