The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2001 posts Page 132 of 134
Re: CHATTERBOX CANDY!!
03 Oct 2014, 09:12
Well, @Julieathome, as long as you really enjoyed the porridge then that's fine. :smile: You can still make this a semi-fast day by not eating lunch and having a smallish evening meal. It's good to see that you are being sensible about your temporary weight gain - less experienced fasters would be panicking by now! :shock: Congratulations on the exercise - you're a braver woman than I am! :victory:
03 Oct 2014, 13:02
I'm liking the new sans serif clearer font and size :)
03 Oct 2014, 15:15
I prefer not to eat at all or just a dinner on fast days. So i will switch it to tomorrow or Sunday.
03 Oct 2014, 21:52
Azureblue wrote: Yikes! Page gone all small and writing all mashed up on top of each other! Help!

Mashed up writing is such a pain, on the other hand, mashed up potatoes, yum especially with butter....oh sorry, got a little carried away there

Ballerina x :heart:

P.S. And some sea salt crystals as well.........O.K. I'll go now, sorry :frown: :lol:
04 Oct 2014, 09:28
Ballerina wrote:
Azureblue wrote: Yikes! Page gone all small and writing all mashed up on top of each other! Help!

Mashed up writing is such a pain, on the other hand, mashed up potatoes, yum especially with butter....oh sorry, got a little carried away there

Ballerina x :heart:

P.S. And some sea salt crystals as well.........O.K. I'll go now, sorry :frown: :lol:

@Ballerina you've missed out something ... caramel! :lol: (but not with mashed potatoes, just with sea salt :victory: )
04 Oct 2014, 11:30
Mmmm @ballerina and @silverdarling..
Buttery mashed potatoes prob the ultimate comfort food..
Salted caramel - just to die for
Yummers ...xx
05 Oct 2014, 22:48
now where did I put that link to make salted caramel?
http://www.jamieoliver.com/news-and-fea ... mel-sauce/
06 Oct 2014, 12:30
V quiet on this thread today. Where is everyone?

Also just noticed this thread now at 1974 posts long ... nearly 2000 then can start a new thread!! Come on peeps hurry up and it could be you who gets to choose the next thread name!!!
06 Oct 2014, 12:54
Shall we do the "what were you doing in that year" game again?

This is post 1975 and in that year I was in the fifth form at school ready to take my 'O' levels in 1976 and I was listening to 10cc "I'm not in love" on my cassette tape recorded from the weekly chart run down and watching Fawlty Towers on TV!
06 Oct 2014, 13:35
In 1976 I was 35 years old and in December married my love, embarking on almost 38 years now of great happiness. He bravely took on a widow with two children--he already had two teenagers who accepted me with such great love that I am still grateful. I better quit now because I'm getting tearful--in a good way :grin:
06 Oct 2014, 14:39
In 1976, having moved to the coast and bought a health food shop, I became pregnant with Son No. 1. More learning curves than a plane full of snakes!
06 Oct 2014, 16:18
In 1977 I was 3 and my most vivid memory is of having to have an operation on my throat and having a "trolley ride" at the hospital which was probably going to theatre!
06 Oct 2014, 16:40
1978 I was in the 4th year of high school, dating boys and just being free. A great time. The year later was exams, exams and more exams.
06 Oct 2014, 17:44
Well hello peeps - long time no chat! I've been off the radar for a few reasons but am back in the swing (I think) after a good 4:3 week last week and a good fast again today.

I had gained some weight on holiday in Florida (who doesn't??) and have been finding it hard to get back into fasting mode. I've kept myself under the magic 12 stone mark by sheer determination, but would dearly love to be back in the low 11s...

The bad is that I didn't think anything would disrupt my fasting to any significant degree, but the holiday and then a whole lot of downers (hubby working erratic days/hours, a general feeling of glumness/SAD and some other stuff I won't bore you with) really did scupper me for a while.

The GOOD is that I've always felt that fasting would be my last ever weight loss programme, and it is. Historically after a gain I would resort to a silly three day thing or rejoin a slimming club. Not this time. Admittedly, until last week I have only fasted occasionally following the holiday, but there has been NO temptation to try any other plan. I love that fasting is always available whenever I need it. Right now, things are still a struggle BUT the discipline of fasting is helping me a little on the other fronts. This, I CAN control.
06 Oct 2014, 17:47
Oh, and in 1975 I was one year old. According the the family photos I was licking out cake bowls, stealing biscuits from our old English sheepdog (Mops) and generally doing the bonny baby thing :grin:
2001 posts Page 132 of 134