The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 132 of 134
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
27 Mar 2014, 18:45
image.jpg
Baby beans
Yes I know I've missed it.

1969 was a great year. 'Twas the year Beany @nursebeanand I were born.
27 Mar 2014, 18:47
carieoates wrote:
image.jpg
Yes I know I've missed it.

1969 was a great year. 'Twas the year Beany @nursebeanand I were born.

Gosh, you two are still babes in arms, makes me feel ancient! :grin:
27 Mar 2014, 18:49
Ahhh how lovely.. A little bean and a little oat were born!
1969 was a fab fab fab year for me, my fave yr of all time! X
27 Mar 2014, 19:03
I bet 1969 was a fab year for a whole lot of people, @CandiceMarie! They said "fab" a lot back then, too :lol:

But now I should be thinking about 1975... I had transferred to a different university. I was living in beautiful western Massachusetts. My boyfriend was back in Boston. From my current perspective, life was simple then. The world was my oyster. Or something like that...
27 Mar 2014, 19:16
1969 was the year that I married my husband. I was only twenty years old and he was twenty one. My mother said it would never last but forty five years later we're still together!

I don't know how I'm supposed to know the number of my post either!
27 Mar 2014, 19:21
It's at the head of the page Stowie Val @StowgateResident ( i think..)
"1976 posts • Page 132 of 132"
Well done on yr long happy marriage! :heart: XX
Now its 1977...groan...met who i thought was the man of my dreams ..he so wasn't :confused:
27 Mar 2014, 19:29
1978 - moved to CO with the man of my dreams, newly married. He so wasn't either!! (same guy who was the boyfriend back in Boston, and the high school boyfriend in 1971)

But I look at '78 as a good year, because it was very fortuitous that I followed him out here, but I'm the one who's now been here 36 years, loving it.
27 Mar 2014, 20:06
1979 a very special year for me as our beautiful twin daughters were born, Claire and Jennifer.I can't believe that Jen has gone, a few tears tonight. :cry:
27 Mar 2014, 20:11
Big hugs Gill x x x i feel for you and Claire and all your family
So hard to lose a loved one xxx
27 Mar 2014, 20:32
The internet was invented but just as an idea, but the first PC was born.
Charles and Di got married
First flight of space shuttle
John Lennon. Imagine

I was living with someone I hated.
27 Mar 2014, 21:21
I'm sorry,@rawkaren! Well, I got divorced in 1981...
1982 was the only year of my entire adult life during which I was single the whole year. Strange to think about that way.

New Year's Eve of 1982 (day before 1983) I met a guy at a party that I was briefly in lust with. Fortunately, we were well aware that we were NOT in love also, and in mid-1983 I met hubs. The rest is history. Good history, I should add.
27 Mar 2014, 21:54
do I take 1983???

I was 9 - that was when my life all started going wrong really - moved to a school I didn't like, parents weren't great etc

Anyway - what I really wanted to say was that I often have random thoughts - a recent one was how much time do we save by not preparing/eating meals that we would have done if we weren't eating??????
27 Mar 2014, 21:58
1984 and son was coming up to 2. Spent every day with best friend, swimming, going to the gym which had a crèche for our littlies, and generally having fun as I recall.
27 Mar 2014, 22:01
1984 sounds lots of fun @PennyForthem
1985.. Daughter started school ! Would love to put the clock back to when she was a little girl..so enjoyed bringing her up !
27 Mar 2014, 22:22
Sorry to break the flow........

But I get so emotional these days.
Whilst I get sad, so deeply sad about people's unhappiness. I also realise that we have to know the bad to truly and completely know the good. Bless you Our Gill

1985 I finished secondary school.
Whilst our childhoods shape us as people, we can also use these experiences to ensure that we have a better life.
So, one day I will have the strength to face my demons. But not today......

Today I am happy to rejoice in the fact that I've just saved £24 on my dress purchase this weekend by rebuying it on John lewis website. Ha ha ha ha.
2009 posts Page 132 of 134