The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

2009 posts Page 130 of 134
Re: CHATTERBOX BEANIE
26 Mar 2014, 17:50
Actually, @carieoates, I was thinking the next one ought to be Carol or Carole or Caro - because there are so many of you with variations on the name in the forum. But I guess the requirement is a boys name...
26 Mar 2014, 17:58
Awe, a girl's name it shall be then!!
26 Mar 2014, 18:18
And now it's time again
to play

"Remember That Year"

If your post number matches a year you want to remember, tell us about it!

Maybe @Marybeth or @Katharina, as the self-confessed oldies of the forum (I looked back at the SSS thread), could start us off? Both of you may well have fond memories of the late '40s.

The 1960s and early '70s stories should be ... interesting....
26 Mar 2014, 18:23
PennyForthem wrote: Awe, a girl's name it shall be then!!

No we must stick with tradition penny. Your baby your rules. It's just got to be a boy.

Whispers "in my opinion"
26 Mar 2014, 18:27
I'm happy with chatterbox Carrie, after all we can have as many boys as we like after this one, so, how about it?

Ballerina x :heart:
26 Mar 2014, 18:47
I was hoping for...
Chatterbox CarioCallyCandy x :?:
Sounds Welsh like the A name did!
26 Mar 2014, 18:49
Cariad? doesn't that mean 'darling' or 'dear one' in Welsh?
26 Mar 2014, 18:54
Yes youre right Cally,it does!
How about Chatterbox Cariad then peeps? X
26 Mar 2014, 18:57
That was what I thought as it could be unisex! correct me if I'm wrong @PennyForthemcan the term be applied to male and female?
26 Mar 2014, 19:10
How do I know what my post number is? If we're in the 1950's now, I was only 9 years old in 1950. I remember being very close to my sister, a year younger but Mom held me back from school for a year so that sis and I would be together, and always have someone to be at school with--that's a very nice memory (in spite of the occasional spat involving pinching and scratching!) :shock:

She and I are the only survivors now of 4 sisters, so although we don't share similar lifestyles or views, we still love each other dearly.

Still love big band and 50's rock and roll, too. Elvis was so shocking then.

Are these the kind of memories you're talking about?

Nothing seems to involve a name starting with C , though--maybe I'm :confused:
26 Mar 2014, 19:21
That is exactly the sort of memory which is fun to share, @Marybeth. How sweet! You just wrote the 1951 entry, BTW.

And the discussion of "C" names is an entirely separate matter. I vote for Chatterbox Cariad, too, @CandiceMarie. Good choice.

Unless there's been some "chatter" while I was writing this, my post is number 1952, which I definitely don't remember, having been born in 1954. :smile:
26 Mar 2014, 19:25
Is it now 1953?
I was three years old and remember being three vividly ( they say longterm memory gets better as we age! :confused: mine is wonderful but dont ask me what i did yesterday,i cant remember!)
At the tender age of 3, i was telling myself that three meant i was too grown up to dig in the dirt any more,and too old to let my Dad carry me! X
26 Mar 2014, 19:46
I'm not sure if I'm getting this right but 1954 is my birth year so I claim it as mine!
26 Mar 2014, 19:51
Gil so lovely to see you here xx
Massive bughugs! X :smile:
26 Mar 2014, 20:01
Good to be here! So many posts since I last looked but lots of familiar names. You are all doing so well. Busy day for me today as we had the horse dentist visit so six various horses and ponies came in to get their teeth rasped.
2009 posts Page 130 of 134