The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

176 posts Page 6 of 12
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12 Next
Hi @Carorees yes, final details/reminder will come out later this week. @Azureblue would be great to Skype - if it does not break tea room etiquette and they have wifi - will check out....... :wink: we might have to pile into the Ladies to say hello :shock:
Waaah! Having given up my place at F&M's I could now come if I was away again by late afternoon - nephew has decided that his 12th birthday celebration is to be an evening cocktail party! I

If anyone else has to drop out, let me know - would be delighted to drop right back in.
Hi @WarriorPrincess great news, I'll ask if we can up our reservation to 12. Back to you soon, ie within 2 days.
Getting excited now, having trawled through the posts, I cannot find what time we are expected.
I'm travelling with my mate madcatlady. Do they do champagne afternoon tea? Bet that's quite a bit more money? :bugeyes:
I think it was 1:30 I was wrong it's 12:30
Hi Liz, sorry, been so busy. I came here too to check the details. Sorry I have forgotten. Errrrrr I have 2 jealous ones here who might like to come too. Any chance please? I don't expect so but thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks x
Ok, here we go
@WarriorPrincess I called earlier in the week and they were able to increase the reservation by one - to 12.
@Wendy Darling I have just called F&M and they are unfortunately unable to increase above 12 :frown: sorry about that.
Here are the details
Afternoon Tea at the Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon at Fortnum & Mason
Name : Liz A
Reservation Date : Saturday 11th July 2015
Arrival Time : 12:30
Number of Guest : 12
Deposit Paid : £240.00
The first serving of tea is royal blend (to get us settled and ready for individual tea orders). We have the Classic Afternoon tea menu with a choice from 80 teas Fortnum’s Classic Blend Tea £44.00 per person OR Fortnum’s Single Estate Tea £48.00 per person. Glass of champagne and cocktails can be ordered on the day.
Tricky to hyperlink the menus - but they available on their site.
We have one table for 12, which pleases me no end :grin:
Have I missed anything?
I hope that you all have a brilliant day! :grin: I am very envious that I can't join you :frown: but am looking forward to lots of photos! :smile:
StowgateResident wrote: I hope that you all have a brilliant day! :grin: I am very envious that I can't join you :frown: but am looking forward to lots of photos! :smile:

Ditto!!!

I will Skype with you if it's possible. Skype details: DELETED BY MODERATOR
@lizbean thank you so much, this time next week we will there sipping tea, or champers or a mojito.!!!
Hi @StowgateResident @JayeGirl sorry you can't make it this time round ........... 12 cameras a flashing .... think we might manage a few pics :wink: .... as for Skype, thanks for your address Jaye .... I'll need to borrow DD's tablet and see what I can manage .... if you could PM your mobile that would be helpful on the day. If it's possible I guess 2pm - 2.15pm would work. If anyone else would like to try Skype (if it works) and say hello let me know.
@Carieoates thanks, you are welcome. I just had a look at the menu, there are only two salon cocktails Kir Royal and Twinkle but I'm sure they could accommodate other requests. They certainly have champagnes by the buckets and some nice sounding lemonade.
I forgot to ask if we have any vegetarians (no meat/fish), if we have I'll alert F&M.
Think I might need to take Friday off work as I won't be able to concentrate by then .......
As always there is a 12.5% service charge.
@Debs ready? :grin: where are you UK or Qatar?
@lizbean what an excellent job you're doing! :like: X
Oh wow ... I can go!!!
How exciting & generally brilliant. How will we know its us ... if you see what I mean? Do I mosey into F&M & look for the large table of svelte people ignoring the tea & ordering champers?
Should we have name thingies, so we know who each other are?
And is there a dress code - do I have to glam up for the occasion?
Can't wait!
Hi all,
We shall be there with bells on! Currently with friends in Cheltenham and eating so much so I shan't be the svelte one!! OH will be smart, I shall try to make an effort but it doesn't come naturally. SIL is vegetarian and hubby is too, I am lapsed and will eat anything :grin:
Hi @WarriorPrincess yeh, really pleased they were able to squeeze in one extra
I'll PM my mobile to all just in case of anything .....sickness, help :shock: I can't find you moments..
Definitely wear what makes you feel comfortable and happy, glam or smart casual works. We will be seated for serving at 12.30 - I'll be there for 12noon in the foodhall - I'll PM a meeting point for anyone who is interested in 20 mins browsing chat, otherwise just ask for Liz's table for 12 when you arrive, there will be introductions, so don't worry about not knowing who is who till then. I'm 5ft 2ins, auburn/red hair and you'll have my mobile.
@Debs gotcha - great, 2 vegetarians and 3 with bells on! :wink:
Previous 1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12 Next
176 posts Page 6 of 12