The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

176 posts Page 3 of 12
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 Next
I am happy to go anywhere Lizzy, thanks so much for doing this for us.
And I bet they would charge like a wounded bull for the privilege. Thank you Liz, maybe Claridges will be more accommodating. I just checked Claridges, the Ritz and the Savoy and the Savoy is the only one where you can book more than 8 people. The prices are similar still. Looks as though we could be slumming it there instead :lol:
Hi @Debs @Carorees and 11 July party
Thanks for checking out Debs and Carorees for FM - so Savoy and Fortnum's for me to check out - and The Claridge offered the following.
"For a wonderful dining experience at Claridge's, may I suggest a lunch or dinner reservation. Enjoy a three course lunch from our Menu du Jour for £35.00 per person. Alternatively, if you would like to try Afternoon Tea at our sister hotels, The Connaught and The Berkeley, I would be pleased to check for you". But they will have the same 8 person policy .......
I'm on it!! Savoy, FM and other high tea venues .....
Liz
Thanks everyone.
Savoy can only accommodate us on 2 tables, Ritz can not accommodate. Waiting for further traditional venues to reply.
Meanwhile we have other funky tea venues but need to take account of animal allergies.
http://www.bettyblythe.co.uk/da/120931
http://ladydinahs.com/find-us/
I'll come back soon.
Off to go and vote in the UK general election :frown: how depressing, but has to be done.
Hi @Lizbean,
I've just realised that I could join you all in London, I know this is a bit short notice and if it doesn't mess up existing arrangements I'd like to be included. Thanks

Edit - I just looked a Betty Blythe, it looks fab,and offers 'Life drawing with a Male model' as an optional activity -shame I can't draw
Sure @SianS certainly, waiting for Fortnum and Mason to respond for a party of 11 :lol:
@Lizbean Just a suggestion - haven't read back so don't know if this has been mentioned upthread - what about the Wolseley or it's sister venue in Covent Garden? https://www.thewolseley.com/afternoon-tea

Several associated places but the Covent Garden place is The Delaunay.
I'm seriously looking forward to this, I've booked my train ticket already.
Am I too late to join you? I've had a hectic couple of weeks & missed this thread entirely till today. I'd so love to meet up & I could do the day. Sorry to be beyond the last minute though - will understand if I'm too late.
@lizbean thank you so much for doing all this for us. Maybe they think we are a rowdy rabble instead of genteel young ladies :lol: We have been to Browns a couple of times but I expect they have the same group policy. I don't mind where we go, it will just be lovely to meet up. There's always the Wimpy if all else fails! Do you want fries with that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh and as for the male life drawing @SianSmaybe we could just scribble with crayons. Art is only art because the creator says it is (or something like that - beauty being in the eye of the beholder etc) :lol:
Hello everyone!
@Debs +2
@Carieoates @Madcatlady +1 @Wendy Darling
@Carorees @Merlin
@SianS @WarriorPrincess
+ ME = 12 :smile:
Thanks @SilverDarling I have scoured venues to gain one table for 12 and all have a max of 8 policy as I guess they want to preserve the intimacy of afternoon tea. Many won't accept multiple bookings either, however Fortnum and Mason offer this - see below, so I suggest I go ahead and book this. I propose we go for the 12/12.30 booking as that allows time later if people want to stroll or shop etc. But if that's too early for travellers please say and we can go for 15/15.30.
Nearly there :wink: Liz
--------
Thank you kindly for your email and interest in taking Tea with us here at Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon Fortnum & Mason.

For a party of this size we can offer reservation time of 12:00 / 12:30 - 15:00 / 15:30 or 18:00 / 18:30, the reservation will be seated over two large table located within our Diamond Jubilee Tea Salon.

Please find attached our Afternoon tea menus for your perusal, we do require a pre order from our menu and we ask for guests to choose one blend of Tea to begin your Afternoon tea, we ask this to ensure your party are severed promptly we on arrival. After this time your guest can choose any blend of tea from our extensive Tea List, please find this attached also.

To secure reservation we do require a deposit payment of £20 per person this can be paid by credit or debit by telephone within 5 workings days of making reservation.
Here is a link to the site, menu and teas etc ...https://www.fortnumandmason.com/restaur ... -tea-salon
@lizbean our posts crossed in the post! Thank you so much. That looks fab. I have been to F&M caff before but never for afternoon tea.
Thanks again x
I'd go for it, you have worked very hard for us.
I've been to Fortnums for afternoon tea although not for years. It's fab, you will enjoy it. And all the fab things in the food hall to examine as well ...

Only sorry I won't be able to come, but there in spirit ...if not in body!
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 Next
176 posts Page 3 of 12