The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

176 posts Page 4 of 12
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12 Next
Me too @silverdarling( hi! ) there in spirit
Think this might be THE most wonderful gathering! X
Hi - sorry to be a nuisance but have finally determined that hubby has a gig that day so won't be coming after all - hopefully someone else can take his place or if deposit non-refundable and already paid I can find someone else to bring?
Hi everyone. That sounds like a wonderful meet up. I'm going to be sort of close as we are travelling from Snowdonia to Nottingham on that day so I will think of you all.
@Madcatlady no prob - I have you as one, I'll wait a few more hours to see if there are any changes before paying the deposit.
As they do tables for 8 I can enquire at a later day if they can accommodate any late joiners ..... anyone out there?
EXCITED! :grin: Image
Thank you so much for organising, put me down as a definite. Can I zap the cash over to you or are you ok to have it on the day,
I hope that you all have a lovely time! I would like to come but have a previous commitment to play the piano accordion at a Church Fete with our local U3A Accordion group! It's only for half an hour but they rely on me to start them off at the proper speed, so I better not back out - otherwise heaven knows what will happen! I shall be thinking of you!
Hello from the Isle of Wight where DH and I are having a short walking holiday.
Please put me down as a definite , I'm happy to pay anything necessary , but not on this dodgy hotel wifi.
I love the idea of tea at lunchtime, it's a bit like going to the cinema in the morning ( if you see what I mean). The prospect of choosing a tea blend is a bit daunting though, so I'll happily had that one over to someone else.
Thank you @Lizbean
Thanks .......
I'll secure the reservation in the morning. On the day when we pay, they'll reimburse the deposit to me. Simples.
Time to sign up to Mondays fast before going to bed .......
Thanks for organising this @lizbean. I shall be there. I used in my youth to visit the Summer Exhibition at the Royal Gallery with a friend andwe'd then go to Fortnum and Mason for tea. Being poor students we would order a pot of Lapsang Souchong and keep it going with more and more hot water rather than order another pot. So in a nostalgic spirit, can I have Lapsang Souchong for my tea variety?
Thank you so much for organising, we shall be there with bells on!!
@Carorees nice memories! Your choice is No 57 of a whopping :cool: 82 teas available :cool:

No 57 LAPSANG SOUCHONG
To give this tea its unmistakable flavour, the plucked leaves are withered over pine fires, pan-dried and rolled and placed in bamboo baskets and smoked over smouldering pinewood fires, resulting a smoky, rich and evocative flavour

I have paid le deposit and F&M say they can't reimburse my card on the day as I had planned for, so you peeps can either reimburse me cash on the day or pm me and I'll send you my account number - whichever is easiest for you is cool.
Hi peeps,
Just bumping this up again as it is drawing closer, and I know that @wendydarling needs help with her social calendar! :wink:
Hubs is disappointed he has to present a fascimile of smart, but he has to do it occasionally!!
Oh yes I'm here, practicing my tea drinking etiquette :wink: .............. then off to bed. I have a young 15 year old work experience student starting tomorrow, only two weeks but need to keep her BUSY, phew.
Hope we are able to accommodate my OH- do they do coffee as a tea choice?
I'm on the list, but may well not be able to make it. Maybe @Merlin's OH could have my place?
I'm really sorry to miss it but my nephew has invited me to his12th birthday party - last year was a very select 'friends only' so this is completely unexpected - & I guess the last of his birthday parties I'll be invited to for at least the next decade!
Have been trying to work out timings & whether I could do both - but probably not possible.
Would have loved to meet everyone too.
Happy to cover any costs caused by this - just let me know how much & how. Even happier, of course, if Merlin's OH, or someone else, can take my place.
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12 Next
176 posts Page 4 of 12