The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

137 posts Page 8 of 10
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
Well done dhana you've eclipsed us all :wink:

Can I ask which method you used?

For anyone else wanting to use an avatar, my post with the full instructions is here.
Thank you so much Dominic now I can get my life back, it was so frustrating I must have tried to do it a dozen times. :victory:
Your post outlining methods, number 1. I didn't even read all of it, just clicked on your first link, and hey presto! I was lucky enough to be in Java when there was a total solar eclipse way back in the 80's. A very memorable day in lots of ways, the main one being that my son was stung by a scorpion - which sort of eclipsed the eclipse!! He survived to tell the tale (tail!!) and is hale and hearty, living in London. :smile:
I think I've done mine too - which is the size I hope to be again very soon! Thanks for all the techie help - I used the shrinkpictures website.
mummybunny2005 & cmce - I cannot see any picture, just a square that says User Avatar, and this is when using my default Nexus 7 tablet or the real PC, both running Chrome. Since no-one else has mentioned it, is this a Google Chrome issue or is everyone else too polite???
I think we are being polite
Thanks CreakyPete - guess I spoke too soon. Don't know what happened - right after I had entered the url I looked at my profile and the photo was there. Now it's gone. I will try again...heavy sigh...
And I know I have now been successful! Yippee!
CreakyPete wrote: mummybunny2005 & cmce - I cannot see any picture, just a square that says User Avatar, and this is when using my default Nexus 7 tablet or the real PC, both running Chrome. Since no-one else has mentioned it, is this a Google Chrome issue or is everyone else too polite???

Thanks CreakyPete - Not sure that it is a problem with Google Chrome as strangely my avatar appears on my PC (not running chrome) but at present using Ipad and it does not appear, although can see mummybunny's - will try again using Dominic's instructions/website for uploading from desktop to see if that solves the problem.
dominic, thanks so much for the uber clear directions. i feel much better with an avatar posted, i think i'll go celebrate with a pint of ice cream! :razz:
cmce wrote:
CreakyPete wrote: mummybunny2005 & cmce - I cannot see any picture, just a square that says User Avatar, and this is when using my default Nexus 7 tablet or the real PC, both running Chrome. Since no-one else has mentioned it, is this a Google Chrome issue or is everyone else too polite???

Thanks CreakyPete - Not sure that it is a problem with Google Chrome as strangely my avatar appears on my PC (not running chrome) but at present using Ipad and it does not appear, although can see mummybunny's - will try again using Dominic's instructions/website for uploading from desktop to see if that solves the problem.

Bizarre - when I later checked my desktop, avatar had disappeared on that too. Perhaps the website I used was a dodgy one :shock: - anyway have now followed Dominic's links and at this stage it appears okay on both PC and Ipad so will keep fingers crossed doesn't disappear again.
Woot! Well done...
And now, just as we are all happy with our avatars, Dominic opens a whole new world. How on Earth have you done that with your avatar Dominic? It is wonderful.
Pat
Glad you like it Pat!

I found a new website http://picasion.com/create-avatar/ where you can create your own avatars a bit more easily - it will do cropping and resizing and provide a URL link in one go instead of having to go to one website, save the change as a file and then go to another website to upload it and get the URL link. And also it has an option to create your own animated avatar (GIF file) by combining up to 3 images - which is what I did. I will update the instructions as I think it is more flexible and easier than my previous method 3.
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 Next
137 posts Page 8 of 10