The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

137 posts Page 5 of 10
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10 Next
:victory: Think I've managed (finally) to get one! I will not be defeated by technology!
boboff wrote: The settings are very tight, and all avatars I use normally won't "fit" this site.

Herein lies the problem. I had to squeeze my apple to fit. Some peeps don't know how to do this.
Virginia wrote: Eventually got it to work !

Still looks a bit undersize if I am quite honest, V, with a lot of white space. Of course it is the ultimate online weight-loss solution - just make the picture smaller!

Pip wrote: I had to squeeze my apple to fit.

Until the pip squeaked?! Indeed it must be exactly 100x100 and then not too big a file. I told my software to make it 100x100 and it made it 99x100, and it was rejected here. Talk about fussy! :smile:

Still I do agree with Moogie that it is nice to have them all a standard size. The appearance of this forum is very nice compared to many much bigger ones out there that look frankly amateur by comparison.
I used this site: http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/, and it was very easy. I used a pic taken on my honeymoon in Oregon. It's from a pull off along the Pacific Coast Highway called Natural Bridge, just a bit north of California. :-)
I have an IPad also and it doesn't let me download these reformatting sites.
Dom, who's the cute baba in your avvy?
Pip wrote: Dom, who's the cute baba in your avvy?

(takes a bow)

Mind you I had to go back a bit to find a photo I was happy with...
dominic wrote:
Pip wrote: Dom, who's the cute baba in your avvy?

(takes a bow)

Mind you I had to go back a bit to find a photo I was happy with...

Very cute :cute:

So as it's black and white, I'm guessing you must be getting on a bit? :wave:

(feel free to punch me)
Oooh, let's just say I go back to the last millenium :wink:
dominic wrote: Oooh, let's just say I go back to the last millenium :wink:

Thanks, that narrows it down a bit. :grin:
Finally got this to work - tried to use my most up to date photo taken before I started the diet but couldn't get it to fit.

Had to use the one you see which is a couple of years old but it was taken when I had last lost some weight - so probably reflects my face shape better but is a bit younger looking!
At long last.........my avatar. I got my daughter to take my picture this afternoon, so this is what I currently look like.
Hi wildmissus, pleased to meet you!

RachelT7: couldn't help being slightly amused that your picture from before the diet doesn't fit...perhaps now you've slimmed down it will fit? :lol:
Hello wildmissus, nice to see you.
I will add a atavar soonish, but it won't be me or else I will blow my cover...
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 10 Next
137 posts Page 5 of 10