The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

137 posts Page 2 of 10
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 Next
My avatar is 90 x 90, but it has to be 100 x 100 no more no less. :(

Well, I've been trying for over half an hour - and I've got nowhere! I tried Optimized (thanks, Susan) - and only succeeded in changing my 90x90 8k to - 90x90 2k! I then tried to add it to the folder where I had my original avatar so I could upload it - but no success. I couldn't even add it to iPhoto. Don't know what I'm doing wrong.

My question is - I can see the reasons for limiting the size of the avatar, but what's wrong with a smalller avatar?
Claire: I can't see why it wouldn't work on an ipad, it works on my old android phone. if you like you can email me the photo and I'll sort it for you. :)

b&w: sorry, just my personal ocd about keeping things the same size, it's tidier and more pleasing to the eye! send me the file if you want and I'll resize it for you.
Yipee, I did it, I've got an avatar. I just used the 'paint' app on my laptop and resized it which automatically reduced the file size.
Well done missus - and an excellent choice of avatar. As a cat person it gets my official approval ;)
Oh go on then! :lol:
Thanks, Moogie!

You're a star! :D
Send it to Moogie Boboff? Yay the forum is looking brighter already and it is much easier to remember who people are with a pic.
I'm only one step away from Stone-age when it comes to stuff like avatars, would'nt know where to start, so I shall stay a mystery :)
That said I do like to see other peoples pics.
How do I do it ?
This is how I did it. Open the 'paint' application/programme on you computer, click file, open, find the picture you want, click it, then click open. This puts the picture onto the paint screen. Then at the top left click resize, untick 'maintain aspect ratio' then type in 100 in the Horizontal and Vertical boxes, then click file, save as, then give it a new file name, close the programme. Now go to your user control panel on this forum, then user profile, edit avatar, click browse and select your newly saved picture and then submit and that's you done. It may not be the best way to do it but it was the only way I could do it.
Yes, as you can see I like avatars. Reducing a picture will never be good quality but amazing how it's still OK to look at. Mine was a large picture reduced. See it at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/philipjuli ... 8855785603
Can it be done on Ipad . Cant seem to download any of the suggested sights to optimize my photos
If you don't have a particular picture that needs to be resized there are icon/avatar websites on the net that will most definitely have the correct dimension picture you need for this forum (100x100 pix, max 25kib file size). Have a browse of what they have then when you find one just right click and save to your computer.
I agree but for the life of me cannot find how to do this. Have searched for instructions but nothing there. I have an iPad, could someone please give me an idiot guide? :oops:
Previous 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 Next
137 posts Page 2 of 10