The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

80 posts Page 6 of 6
carorees wrote: Not sure it will be too elegant due to self-selection, self-reporting etc but could be interesting nonetheless!

Caroline, have you thought about getting together with Moogie and some of the other very clever people on this forum and writing your own book, which can now be based on real experience from a large group of people, rather than 'just' science and one man's results?

I read the Kate Harrison book after the original Dr M one and I found it really interesting becuase it's written in plain English and because it highlights people's experiences, good and bad. You're so good at taking the science and making it more reader friendly for the rest of us.

With all the posts and information on this forum and with so many of us, (I'm sure I speak for most people here), being very willing 'guinea pigs', I'm sure you could put a brilliant book together. (Maybe you first need to make sure the Dr M/BBC team can't access the progress trackers etc, in case they get there first with a follow up!).

I'd definitely buy it! :smile:
I for one will be staying with this forum. Was feeling very despondent before I came on, I have been doing this for 12 weeks, lost 6lbs but have gained 4, abandoned today's fast at 4pm! However I came on here and I have my motivation back. Big big thank you Moogie and everyone :-)
I'm sorry to hear that Moogie but this forum is fab and I'm sure it will continue to grow. I have joined and left many forums over the years but this has a lovely supportive atmosphere that is rare and I for one want to continue to be a part of. The discussions and comments on MM's own website is pretty rubbish.
I keep an eye on their site and had been thinking recently that there was very little new stuff and perhaps they were getting bored with it. Certainly, it has been pretty static except for an Easter egg piece by MM. Nor is the site very easy to navigate around.
Whatever they do, it will be difficult to beat this set-up of real support, chat and, of course, the ace progress tracker.
I'm fairly sure I came to you via Facebook - or possibly Linda Gruchy's or Kate Harrison's ebooks ...

This is a great site - really friendly adn helpful, yet enables me to feel I'm being kept up to the mark by entering in the progress tracker.

So I'm another one saying a big thanks to Moogie :heart:
80 posts Page 6 of 6