The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

204 posts Page 10 of 14
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Next
The next #ISS pass over the UK is tonight at 21:50 and will be Incredibly bright. More info http://www.meteorwatch.org

It's only around for the next few days, folks, so try and catch this one.

There are no passes during May, but it's back again in June.
Thanks for the heads up. Will keep an eye out for it tonight.
I saw it for the first time last night, both times. I've been trying to spot it for the last week or so. I kept forgetting and missing it by a few minutes or just staring in to space and seeing nothing. I was convinced I'd seen it the other night, went online to check and what I saw was going to wrong way and far to fast so must have been a shooting star haha. I can't take credit for spotting it last night, as I was sharing into space my daughter said 'there it is mum', both times, putting me to shame. I've made her the chief ISS spotter. There should be a couple of good sightings tonight, hopefully I'll spot it now I know what I looking for, will take daughter up on the roof with me just in case I need her haha :)
Dee
Glad you caught it eventually @justdee Amazing experience but be warned very addictive. Lol :clover: :clover:
I'm already totally obsessed with ISS. Loved the show with Dermot O'leary the other month. And find myself checking into ISS live more often than I would admit too. Bit of a geek really, just never spotted it before. :)
Dee
So I just saw Dragon Falcon spaceship fly over having launched at 8.20pm!!! A.mazing. Same flight path as the ISS, which goes over at 9.50pm followed again by the dragon at 10.15pm-ish. Woohoo!
Wish I'd seen this, Ab! Never thought to check it out - full marks to you for spotting it!

Are you on Twitter? There's a lively conversation, with pics, on this very subject:

https://twitter.com/hashtag/iss

2102 tonight for the next pass.
Yes, virtual astronomer is a very good guide isn't he. That second dragon pass I didn't spot, though some in Ireland thought they had briefly. Funnily enough my son is currently in Florida and certainly heard and felt the take off. It's a small world innit!
Today I have been watching a hurricane and single, bi and triplanes, nine in all, flying around together in exhibition. A century of air flight development seen within 24 hours. Love it :0)
Brilliant, Ab - you summed it up well.

Just seen on Twitter:
Let's hope for clear skies tonight .... There's a BIG bonus for #ISS Space Station watchers! The #ISS passes @ 21.02 UK, followed just ….

.... 2 minutes later by The Dragon cargo / supply vessel which is catching up with the #ISS prior to docking!

Clear here, ATM!
ISS looking bright and clear but failed to spot dragon before or after, both suggested!
Incredibly bright tonight ! Couldn't see the Dragon though.

Got a crooked neck again :)
Yes! Yes! Yes! The Dragon was there - on a slightly lower track, I fancy. Absolutely fantastic!

Didn't see it at first as there's lots of wispy cloud about. The ISS was bright enough so that I didn't lose it - but I didn't see the Dragon until it was going away, and the ISS had almost disappeared. I had the binocs on it, which helped, no doubt!

Very chuffed! :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like: :like:
And again - fleeting glimpse as it was low and heading straight into a streetlight! :cry:

Next good view tomorrow night at 2151.
No sighting tonight - too cloudy - but it's on again tomorrow at 2102 given clear skies.

In the meantime, check out this story of the hookup with the Dragon - it stays with the ISS until May 18th:

http://www.universetoday.com/111391/easter-sunday-space-station-rendezvous-and-berthing-for-spacex-dragon-freighter/#ixzz2zSRGWxsY
Last chance for 5/6 weeks coming up at 2102 tonight.
Previous 1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 Next
204 posts Page 10 of 14