The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

638 posts Page 37 of 43
Previous 1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 43 Next
Shame about the red one :(
As for backtoback, I think it IS more beneficial isn't it? You've done really well with these b2bs. Don't you find them easier than separate fasts?
Evenin' all! Just imbibing a 100% cacao hot chocolate with double cream before bed and thought I'd pop in and say hallo.
Hallo!
I'm getting over my second heavy cold this month so normal business like fasting or breathing is on hold until the fug has cleared. I lost a kilo initially as I had no appetite but the need for food has returned, hence the above drink :0)
I've been also drinking honey, lemon juice and apple cider vinegar in hot water, it's definitely helped with my bad throat and hacking cough, but the cold drags on.
Any ideas how to shake it off gratefully received ...
\O/
Oh @Azureblue sorry to hear you've bean suffering. Hope you'll soon be on top form (but that your appetite doesn't go crazy!!)
Sleep well
Bean xx
I must apologize for not contributing much to the forum lately. I think I’ve been in a post-winter slump. Sort of a hangover from February being the coldest Feb ever recorded in our town . :cry:

Anyway, Spring is starting to spring and I’m hoping to get back into some kind of happy groove.

One thing I’m happy about is that my participation in a cognition study at the local university will have its last session on Friday. Last week was a grueling 1.5 hours in an MRI, having my brain scanned while doing a “task”. Let me tell you, my concentration and focus at age 74 is not what it was!

I’ve had two 3-hour sessions of interviews, tasks, exercises, arithmetic and spatial relationships (used to be good at this—have slipped, I think) –so many things tested-- I should have taken notes so that I can remember them all (memory problems, anyone? :razz: ) otoh, my verbal, reading, vocabulary, reasoning skills still seem very good—in my own opinion, anyway—the researchers don’t tell you your results.

It’s all part of a large study by Cornell’s Laboratory of Brain and Cognition, comparing a group of young people with a group of old people. They will notify us when the results are published. Should be interesting.

Sorry to ramble on, but wanted to reconnect with this wonderful forum :grin:
I think i remeber you asking us should you go ahead with this study @marybeth
It will be very interesting to see the results..
Will they let you know how you did individually? I hope so,after all you've gone thru...
I feel claustrophobic just thinking about being in that MRI scanner! :shock: x
Yes, @CandiceMarie I did ask for input last Fall, trying to decide whether I would feel depressed about how my brain functions at my age. I finally decided that any discomfort was outweighed by feeling satisfaction at helping with scientific research.

They are supposed to give participants pictures of their brains from the MRI. They will tell you if there are any "incidental" findings. I take this to mean that if anything "bad" shows up, they'll let you know so you can see your doc right away. Otherwise, you don't get any individual results of testing. I'll be looking forward to reading the resulting journal articles. I'll be getting paid by the hour at the end of the program. They gave me a separate payment for the MRI right away, though :grin: Those crisp bills help take away the pain :lol:

Yes, it's a good thing I don't have a problem with claustrophobia--lying perfectly still all that time was hard, though.
Oh i' m glad you were rewarded for being in that scanner@marybethmx
I'd have found it difficult just thinking about was i going to need to pee! :lol:
The weather here
noahs-ark.jpg
noahs-ark.jpg (50.28 KiB) Viewed 388 times
I think they might have a shock if they were to look at MY brain @marybeth! Image
Love the picture @wineoclock Image
You can tell I'm not in the mood for creating listings can't you!! :wink:
Calling on all friends here who believe in power of prayer
Please say a prayer for DDs little cat who came home sunday night badly injured ( DD has only just told me)
Vet doesnt know if he' s been knocked down by a car..thinks it could be something fell on him...he' s broken his pelvis and has lacerations and cuts
Will be with the vet for a week then will have to stay in a cage at home for six weeks
He is such an adventurous little soul,and loves to roam the back walls and fences and into the nearby field..we are all devastated to see his happy little life on hold xx
Thanks for reading xx
image.jpg
image.jpg (26.51 KiB) Viewed 366 times
I don't post in here very often but wanted to say a quick hope everyone stays safe in Australia that is being affected by the storms. Seeing all the pictures on the news it doesn't look good.
@brand-ie i havent heard news today so i dont know about this
Hope everyone is ok,especially our dear fasting friends from Ozzy xx
I don't post often here either @Brand-ie -we spent the day trying to contact all our partners and communities in Katmandu and at the epicentre and wider a field. A good number of NGO's are safe. We wait to hear more news. Like others I wish I could do more.
Whenever i see :heart: :heart: :heart: i think of @Sue.Q Still miss her :confused:
We know this makes sense....
image.jpg
image.jpg (15.22 KiB) Viewed 247 times
Previous 1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 43 Next
638 posts Page 37 of 43