The FastDay Forum

Non-diet Chat

638 posts Page 43 of 43
Previous 1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 Next
@azureblue glad all services restored to normal xx and i wdnt be blowing raspberries, i'd be dancing if i was 76 Kg ( i know its all relative tho)
Here 's something quite clever i found in my inbox today...

Lexophile"

is a word used to describe those that have a love for words, such as "you can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish", or "to write with a broken pencil is pointless."
A competition to see who can come up with the best lexophiles turned up the following results:

When fish are in schools, they sometimes take debate

A thief who stole a calendar got twelve months

When the smog lifts in Los Angeles U.C.L.A.

The batteries were given out free of charge.

A dentist and a manicurist married. They fought tooth and nail.

A will is a dead giveaway.

With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.

A boiled egg is hard to beat.

When you've seen one shopping center you've seen a mall.

Police were summoned to a daycare center where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.

Did you hear about the fellow whose entire left side was cut off? He's all right now.

A bicycle can't stand alone; it's just two tired.

When a clock is hungry it goes back four seconds.

The guy who fell onto an upholstery machine is now fully recovered.

He had a photographic memory which was never developed.

When she saw her first strands of grey hair she thought she'd dye.

Acupuncture is a jab well done. That's the point of it.

Those who get too big for their pants will be totally exposed in the end.
Thank you @CandiceMarie, love the lexophiles!
Thanks, @CandiceMarie. But WE are the lexophiles. The sentences are puns or plays on words appreciated by people (who are called lexophiles because they love this sort of thing). Anyway I passed on the sayings to my favorite lexophiles (son, daughter, and SIL). Some of them are really very clever.
Thisis interesting..read it - then read it backwards...xx
Sorry the print is a bit small..had to reduce the size of the pic in order to add it ..
image.jpg
image.jpg (23.74 KiB) Viewed 551 times
Trying to get my spiralling weight in order, I fasted for 22 hours yesterday, aiming to have a bowl of soup at the end. Well, dear reader, I did have that soup, adding fresh veg to it, a lot as it turned out. Whilst preparing that I somehow ate a slice or 3 of goats cheese, and a good handful of pistachios, and a few more mixed nuts. Later I found my way to 7 prunes with 2 teaspoons of thick jersey cream.
I really MUST get a fast day to stay under 500 calories. What a twit.
I am 500g/1 lb lighter this morning by some miracle, but controlling that eating urge has to be my fast day focus for now.
Still, onward and downward my international friends, forever onward :0)
Happy Equinox! Happy Mabon! Have a happy day folks!

*tumbleweed rolls down the deserted Main Street, dust kicked up around it*
Thanks! Same to you AB! @azureblue xx hope all well x
* voice echoing hollowly round* :lol: X
I thought the equinox was Monday! I shall have to celebrate a second time :confused:
Previous 1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 Next
638 posts Page 43 of 43