The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

44 posts Page 1 of 3
FITBIT Chat for April '15
03 Apr 2015, 08:02
Thought I should make a start with the thread. Not a bad start to April for me. Step count is slightly down so far as we are on holiday and OH still has plantar....... Keeping to 10k a minimum though! I see @GMH and @Callyanna are doing fab as usual.
Re: FITBIT Chat for April '15
03 Apr 2015, 09:30
Not for long @Rawkaren, it's hissing rain and really cold. We made 2 walks today without getting wet, but tomorrow is sposed to be shocking, so not too much walking. Don't I remember wrapping banana skin to plantar works really well...put it on at night, sock on....sounds foul. I also have a vague memory I used formaldehyde on one years ago.
03 Apr 2015, 14:23
GMH wrote: Not for long @Rawkaren, it's hissing rain and really cold. We made 2 walks today without getting wet, but tomorrow is sposed to be shocking, so not too much walking. Don't I remember wrapping banana skin to plantar works really well...put it on at night, sock on....sounds foul. I also have a vague memory I used formaldehyde on one years ago.

Unfortunately @GMH, my OH thinks you are playing a late April Fool joke on me. For some reason he is refusing to wear a banana skin. :lol:
03 Apr 2015, 17:14
So, my steps and miles this month looked decent, but I was way down on Very Active minutes. OH and I set out for our pub walk - 3 miles there, then various routes back. We got there, got our drinks then OH realised he had a conference call to get for. So we hiked back at route-march pace and now my Very Active minutes are back up. Silver linings and all that ....
03 Apr 2015, 22:34
You all know why my steps are low don't you.
Happy Easter everyone
04 Apr 2015, 01:35
@Rawkaren, he could try the gaffer tape remedy, or acid, or wait TWO YEARS!! For it to go away LOL. I actually seem to remember either my sister or I doing the banana peel :shock: and I think it might have worked, my memory is faded :confused

“Banana peel as a solution to planter’s warts was offered several months ago on this site. I had them for decades, but decided to give the banana peel a try. It worked! It took some weeks, but I have been wart free for months.

ps not the whole banana peel just a square hehe
04 Apr 2015, 05:56
@GMHAh. It's plantar faciatis not warts.
04 Apr 2015, 06:06
Hahahahahaha @Rawkaren no wonder he thought it was April Fool :-) maybe he can eat the banana LOL. I think I have an old wives tail for his (real) problem too haha. I used to walk with a lawyer and his dogs who told me seriously thick socks, 2 pairs good, was the answer.
04 Apr 2015, 07:02
Well done everyone! :victory:
As a newbie, I had quite a good start to March, but last week my flex stopped working for a day and a half grr. Then my daughter and 9-month old baby arrived for a few days and my steps turned into crawling and playing games on the floor! I have dropped off the first page on the leaderboard, so my mission for April is to get back above 25th place!
04 Apr 2015, 13:22
We fell off our jet ski yesterday so my surge has had a wash, in the gulf of Mexico, Was more worried about my fitbit than anything, we had life jackets on though so not all bad. I rinsed it with tap water when we returned and it's all ok. At the moment.......
06 Apr 2015, 10:33
Hope your Surge continues to be OK, @carieoates. It sounds as if you are having a great time - apart from the dunk in the gulf! :frown:

I have just returned from two and a half weeks in Germany and my Flex refused to sync for the whole time that I was there! It was very frustrating but as soon as I returned home it caught up on all the back data - although there were a couple of blank days because I wasn't receiving the reminder emails to charge the battery! :curse: I was also missing my daily weighing on the Aria scales - although I didn't much like their message when I got on them yesterday morning! :shock:
06 Apr 2015, 12:05
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/H ... ve-minutes

Hello fellow bitters.
I've just read this on my FB feed from fitbit.
To summarise they've changed the way they calculate active mins and scrapped very active mins. It's an interesting read.
13 Apr 2015, 04:01
Now...this may sound odd, but....who IS everyone? I see ur nom de plumes here, then on Fitbit group I see names and I haven't a clue who is who. @Pilchards are u Audrey? Julia? Hmm, you can friend me if u like, anyone? :-)
Thanks @CarrieOates for the heads up re active minutes, I was wondering how I was so high when I don't run.
13 Apr 2015, 06:22
No probs, maybe I will get back to where I should be now. As my rankings fell due to low active mins and then I fell off the planet (page) whilst in Florida.
13 Apr 2015, 10:40
GMH wrote: Now...this may sound odd, but....who IS everyone? I see ur nom de plumes here, then on Fitbit group I see names and I haven't a clue who is who. @Pilchards are u Audrey? Julia? Hmm, you can friend me if u like, anyone? :-)
Thanks @CarrieOates for the heads up re active minutes, I was wondering how I was so high when I don't run.

Yes, I am Julia and happy to be fitbit friend. Pm me your email address and I'll add you.
44 posts Page 1 of 3