The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

44 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: FITBIT Chat for April '15
14 Apr 2015, 17:35
Making my way back up the leaderboard where I should be. Started c 2 10 k training today again to get myself ready for the great north run in sept, 5 months to get there.
14 Apr 2015, 18:36
I'm not doing as well - I had to go to Nebraska last week because my husband's uncle has some bad weird rare cancer :-( So we didn't get many steps in at all.

It's beautiful weather so I'm going to try to start catching up.
14 Apr 2015, 19:51
Good luck with your C25K training @carieoates. Plenty of time before September to get ready. Have you got any 10k runs planned before? That would help a lot. I did my HM on Sunday and managed a PB or 1H42M (still had the marathon training in my legs I think) but have to rest for the week now so will probably be slipping down the leaderboard.
15 Apr 2015, 00:42
Well Active Minutes are very dubious on my Flex, that's for sure. It's never seemed particularly accurate but now it seems to be clocking up even more than usual. I'm number 1 for April and Number 3 for past week on the leadership board, and I'm pretty sure that's not a real reflection.
15 Apr 2015, 17:26
15 Apr 2015, 20:31
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/News-An ... 64#U737364
I've noticed a sudden increase in my very active minutes on my dashboard recently but then read the announcement above, may throw some light on the issue?
16 Apr 2015, 14:21
I'm having the opposite problem regarding Active minutes, mine have dropped away alarmingly since the new system arrived. In fact they have retrospectively applied it to the March figure as well and although I don't recall where I ranked for Active minutes I'm pretty sure it wasn't 27th! :shock:
16 Apr 2015, 14:38
I never look at the Active Minutes because I don't have enough of them to be worthwhile! :frown:
18 Apr 2015, 06:09
Have lost my Surge charging cable this week whilst on my travels. Does anyone know a retailer who sells replacements in the UK? Thanks.
18 Apr 2015, 06:52
rawkaren wrote: Have lost my Surge charging cable this week whilst on my travels. Does anyone know a retailer who sells replacements in the UK? Thanks.

Can only think to order one from Fitbit £16.99 leave one here and the other in U.S. if you find it of course. I'm not keen on the charger, the connector is a bit flimsy.

https://www.fitbit.com/uk/store
18 Apr 2015, 10:06
18 Apr 2015, 13:55
Well Fitbit Flex users - hubby needed another band replacement, and rather than shell out $15 for the Fitbit branded one, I got him a $6 off-brand from amazon.com. The good news is he says it is indistinguishable from the more expensive one from Fitbit. :-)

I've noticed a dramatic increase in my active minutes as well - thanks for that post @Callyanna! Now when my husband and I go for a walk together around our neighborhood, we get the same number of active minutes. It used to say I'd get half as many as he got, which was definitely frustrating.

Looks like I'm going to have to up my daily "active minutes" goal though.
18 Apr 2015, 18:23
Crisis over. I found it wrapped up in the cable of my straightening iron!
18 Apr 2015, 22:28
Well I have started meeting my 78 year old neighbour for afternoon walkies. She is fearsome, so no driving to the beach and giving dogs 20 min walk..we walk to and from beach and now walk even further and further on beach chatting. We leave earlier to get home b4 dark but seem to get home in the dark every night after 1.5 to 2 hours. My dogs are losing all their fat and are pleased with extra food :-) I agree with active minute comments, I mean I only walk and not THAT fast and I'm near top of leaderboard. How is this possible when others are running? Very suss new system...I can only think it takes me 3 or 4 times (at a guess) as long to walk my steps as opposed to running them?
19 Apr 2015, 09:45
I'm back up into the top twenty.
Started half marathon training, found that it was too easy so I am slightly winging it.
44 posts Page 2 of 3