The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

19 posts Page 1 of 2
FITBIT CHAT For DECEMBER
02 Dec 2014, 19:55
image.jpg

Happy December everyone...
Fitbit or no Fitbit, I hope everyone has a great month. Maybe some new fit bitters, maybe some new devices in those Christmas stockings.
Re: FITBIT CHAT For DECEMBER
04 Dec 2014, 01:02
Lots of December walking will be going on here I hope :grin: nothing like a walk after a meal to help digest food and clear the mind.
04 Dec 2014, 03:41
HI all :) I've had a Fitbit for a couple of years now, first the "One", now the Flex... So I'm a fan :D I am so hoping to get the new Surge when it comes out next year! I've really started to make an effort the last few weeks to stay above 10000 steps a day, currently averaging 86000-90000 a week. I've been doing IF now for about two months, so glad to add a but more exercise with it now :)
04 Dec 2014, 19:22
As darkness has increased here in the northern hemisphere, I find that my steps have gone way down. Not sick, just don't like being out after dark. And when I am home - I am a couch potato! I will have to get myself up and make up the difference. Cheers all!
14 Dec 2014, 12:21
image.jpg
Going out tonight,
Goodness me where have we all gone to?
Had a massive step count yesterday, included a class and then a party with my Jazzercise gals, dances the night away. It was brilliant. And yes I wore my fitbit.....why not.
image.jpg
14 Dec 2014, 13:33
I'm finding it really difficult to get my steps in at the moment as the weather has conspired against me to get out walking most days! Just about reached 10k on average by doing gym classes and generally moving my feet as much as possible!
14 Dec 2014, 17:37
Hello all! :smile: I'm back from my cruise where the fitbit results were very patchy! Days ashore were generally OK. Sea days were seriously low in steps and seriously high in lots of gorgeous food! :frown: On two days I didn't realise that I hadn't replaced the unit into the bracelet and so none of my steps were recorded and then the last two days my battery was flat and I hadn't realised! :oops: I have gained loads of weight but fasted yesterday and lost five and a half pounds in one day! :victory: (Fluid retention from all the carbs was responsible for that, I assume!) Only another three and a half pounds to go until I am back to target so I'm hoping that will be possible before Christmas arrives!
My husband has lost the unit out of his fitbit and is refusing to buy another one but I am hoping that he will still continue to encourage me to get out and walk with him. Yesterday was spent washing and ironing and today I have ploughed through mountains of post and emails so maybe tomorrow will see me walking again. Fingers crossed! :grin:
17 Dec 2014, 21:23
Looking great Carieoates :grin:
StowgateResident - where did you stop off on your cruise? Can't imagine there would be much opportunity to walk on a ship, but plenty of opportunity to eat lovely food!
18 Dec 2014, 01:42
Hi, @KataMac, We went to Madeira, Gran Canaria, La Palma, Tenerife and Lisbon. We were on Queen Mary 2 and, on the promenade deck, three times round equalled one mile. We managed to do a couple of miles on most sea days but that wasn't nearly enough to counteract all the delicious food! :oops:
My good news for today is that I am only half a pound off my target weight, which means that I have lost eight and a half pounds in five days! :victory: It's a miracle! :grin:
My other good news is that Fitbit are sending a replacement for the piece of my husbands Fitbit that he lost on the ship - at no charge!
Now my Fitbit Flex has developed a small split in the bracelet where the battery bit slides in and out. Has anyone else had that problem? When I was researching them, before I bought mine, I read a couple of reviews where people complained of this happening. At the moment it is not causing any problem but I will keep an eye on it and if it gets worse then I will return it to the place I bought it as it is still under guarantee.
Keep up the exercise, folks, and do some for me while you're at it! :grin:
18 Dec 2014, 04:51
StowgateResident wrote: Now my Fitbit Flex has developed a small split in the bracelet where the battery bit slides in and out. Has anyone else had that problem? When I was researching them, before I bought mine, I read a couple of reviews where people complained of this happening. At the moment it is not causing any problem but I will keep an eye on it and if it gets worse then I will return it to the place I bought it as it is still under guarantee.

This happened for me, but not until I had it for way past a year so no longer in warranty. Granted I just bought a replacement band off ebay for $6, so no biggy for me!
18 Dec 2014, 06:15
Oooh, that cruise sounds lovely! Great that the weight has dropped off again so quickly too.
My flex band also did that split, and I just ordered a new one from ebay, think it was about AUD10. Didn't occur to me to try the company first, but it was less than a year old.
18 Dec 2014, 16:39
Hello everyone. Thanks for the compliment @Katamac
I'm expecting a massive dip in steps from most of not all of us during the festive period.
Not had my holder split Stowie, but do have several as like to colour coordinate. Sound like a marvellous cruise and even better return to happier weight too, must say that fit its customer service is second to none. Have heard many a great thing about them ..
I did 22k steps on Saturday into Sunday as was at a party and the disco was great. Plus I'd been to a class that morning too,
Wonder if we'll get any newbies after father Xmas has been . :oops:
18 Dec 2014, 20:57
How is your half marathon training going @carieoates?
I've got a quick trip to the UK this weekend, so steps will be down due to the journey there and back. But I'd expect a higher step rate from most people during the Christmas holidays as many people are off work so therefore not sitting down. Plus the added incentive to burn off the food and drink!
I will be outside running whenever possible, Christmas Day included. Because I love doing it :bugeyes:
18 Dec 2014, 23:18
@Franglaise, I'm afraid it's gone a bit quiet on the half marathon at the moment. I got a strain so stopped the running. Then I couldn't get into the cambs half. Am on the email list for the great north run in sept. After Xmas I'm back on the treadmill,
Thanks for asking though.
I will definitely be doing less steps as not at work and I usually do up to 10k steps at my part time job,
23 Dec 2014, 13:48
Hello Fitbitters,
I haven't been on here for a while, mainly because I haven't been fasting and as a result I have gained a significant amount of weight. I'm still walking a lot but it hasn't been enough to make up for the eating and drinking. I'm not very happy about my weight but can't sensibly start again till after Christmas and OH's birthday at the start of January.

I had a NHS health check up in November and everything was fine, I described the amount of exercise I do and when I got the printed report I was classed as 'moderately inactive'!!! - the cheek!

Happy Christmas, see you on the other side.

PS @carieoates you're looking tres glam in that lbd!
19 posts Page 1 of 2