The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

35 posts Page 1 of 3
Whoops, looks like we are a little late getting our monthly chat thread started.

Weather changes, time changes, holidays are going to add more challenges to achieving our daily goals. Good luck to everyone.

Betsy, restarting your FitBit program is exactly the fix when your FITBIT quits syncing. Has happened to me and my daughter about 3 times each.

One comment on the FITBIT vs. the Up...the FitBit now has a model called the Force which you wear on your wrist that displays all your data as well as working as a watch. Personally still love my One though and also wear it in my bra or sleep shirt.
Morning All
I am ever happy with my new Fitbit One...have managed 10,000 each day over the last week:)
I was wondering who uses fitbit scales. Are they worth it? Will I just be being lazy if I buy them while my old scales still work? Does their wifi make life that much better? I love the fitbit so feel I would get good quality scales at the least.
Convert52 wrote: I was wondering who uses fitbit scales. Are they worth it? Will I just be being lazy if I buy them while my old scales still work? Does their wifi make life that much better? I love the fitbit so feel I would get good quality scales at the least.

We have two sets of scales - our 'old-school' ones and something similar to the FitBit Aria - a Withings Wi-Fi scale. When we're feeling confident, we jump straight to the Withings; when we're feeling dubious, we use the old scales first.

I do like the accountability of the wi-fi scales. It automatically creates a graph for you and makes it more difficult to fudge the results. That said, I still jump on at least twice to verify the number!
Hey all. I think my fat fingers got me unsubscribed from the group! I must have clicked the wrong spot on my tablet or something. Or maybe I got voted off the island?! :shock: :bugeyes: It says I'm not a member of any groups. Could somebody send me an invite again. Please and thanks. :oops:
We got the aria.

One thing I hate is that it tells me I am pretty much exactly three pounds heavier than my non-wifi scales. Every time :-(

I love that it uploads automatically. Fat percentage really seems to change a lot on a daily basis. Every day, so I don't think it's particularly reliable.

You can delete weight entries on the website, btw. For example if you weigh yourself, then go to the bathroom and weigh yourself again, you can delete the heavier weight >.< Not that I do that often LOL

But the aria scales were part of hubby's birthday present to himself. He's ocd and loved to track things so they're making him very happy

Are they worth $130? Probably not.
43tweaker...it is very easy to accidentally delete yourself from a group. And I don't know of a way for anyone in a group to kick anyone out. Just PM your email address to one of the group and we can get you back on track.
Good morning Fitbitters,

Echoing something Carrie said last week, what an active bunch you are. It seems that if I sit down for a couple of hours I slip down to 20th on the leaderboard.
I got my weekly report this morning and managed an average of 11,554 steps last week, but looking out at the rain, getting up to that level today is going to be a challenge
Hi everyone. I've not been posting on the forum for a while. I've sneaked peeks every now and again but not had much time or to be honest inclination.

My 93 year old grandpa is really sick in the UK and I'm not sure I will be able to see him again. I feel really upset and quite stressed out about it at the moment.

I probably should post this in another thread not here, but feel more comfortable here. My fasting has been up and down but I am still keeping up with my steps. The exercise really helps to de stress and I think I would be lost without it. I'm on a two week streak of reaching my goals but still trying to take it one day at a time :)

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere else on the board, but has anyone checked this out? You can check out your fitness age. I'm not at all sure how accurate it is but it gave me a fitness age of 30 and I'm 42!

http://www.ntnu.edu/cerg/vo2max
Hi Umleila, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandpa, it must be tough being so far away. :heart:

Thank you for that link, not sure how scientific it is but my Fitness age is 38 (I'm 54)
Whoa! I just calculated my ages - VO2 Max 35 and fitness age 49 - I'm 56! Nice upper for the day. I suppose I better take a short walk to the bathroom - by walking over to the other building and back again!

Umleila, Sending positive thoughts your way. Take Care all.
@umleilasorry to hear that. He's had a good one though 93 that brilliant. He knows how much you miss and love him. Bring back all the good memories and hang on to them as they will last forever. My grandad made It to my wedding, and the pic has pride of place in My House. Going to check out the age thingy now. 42 and age fitness 29 wow that's made my year
*hugs* to Umleila! I'm so sorry you'll not get to say goodbye in person.
Umleila, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandpa. I have family far away too and I know how difficult it can be. You have a lot of forum-family thinking of you.
Has anyone seen the new fitbit page. No active score, this may be temporary again. There's a lovely left to right step score display. This month or last calendar month view. I've now had 2 days off and slip slip slide down I go.
35 posts Page 1 of 3