The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

35 posts Page 2 of 3
I saw it and thought the columns were wider, hadn't spotted the loss of Active Score. To be honest I never really understood Active Score anyway.
You can still hit "view full leaderboard" to see a rolling last 7 days.
I can feel myself slip, slipping today too Carrie :smile:
No Sian you were way up high when I was looking. In the top 10 across the board. You are being modest 8,7 and 5. Woo Hoo. I've only done 2230 steps today and most of them were letting my chickens out and then back in again.
Saturday I got my first even negative fitbit adjustment on Myfinesspal!!!!
Morified that I was that lazy on Saturday!
Must walk more this week.
Don't you just hate those "lazy" days? And to top it off, we usually eat more on those days for a double whammy!

I have a half marathon in 4 weeks...trying to get my 10,000 in every day just to keep my feet prepped. Race is in Memphis, Tennessee so hoping for mild winter weather!
Umleia, sorry to hear about your Grandfather, it's hard being away at times like that.
Just got my weekly report and I did an average of 12,974 steps which was 1400 a day more than the week before. Even on my worst day I used 1987 calories which is a level I'm really happy with.
I spent a long time cleaning the kitchen, really cleaning it, which used a depressingly small number of steps. Today I'm hoping the rain will stop soon so I can go for a run and get my steps up
Umleila, sorry to hear about your grandpa. I hope that he will surprise you all and will get better.
My fitness age is less than 20 and I'm 46 :grin:
Just got back from a bit over two weeks of vacation in Israel. I exercised a lot and I also ate a lot. No fasting at all :grin: and I didn't gain any weight. I feel like I found the holy grail :victory:
Good morning, I have just got my weekly report and did an average of 12,736 steps with a best of 20,835. I'm pleased with that, and it does reflect an active week of walking and running. I'm pretty sure this week will be less impressive with a very lazy day on Sunday and a housework day yesterday.
How is everyone else doing?
Hi. May I join you even though I have just bought a Jawbone UP? I was waiting for a Fitbit Force, but fed up of waiting for them to come to the UK. After two days, my step count is miserably low!
rawkaren wrote: Hi. May I join you even though I have just bought a Jawbone UP? I was waiting for a Fitbit Force, but fed up of waiting for them to come to the UK. After two days, my step count is miserably low!

I'm very happy to see you here, but I don't think you can join us over on the fitbit group we have on the fitbit site. I may be wrong! Shame on you for going over to the other side. :oops:
It's great, as my hubs now wants a Fitbit, so that's Xmas sorted.
On the subject of the leaderboard I'm consistently hovering around the 10-15 mark. I'm happy with that.
rawkaren wrote: Hi. May I join you even though I have just bought a Jawbone UP? I was waiting for a Fitbit Force, but fed up of waiting for them to come to the UK. After two days, my step count is miserably low!

You can join this thread, if you like, Rawkaren:
exercise-f24/low-step-count-support-group-t9592.html
All pedometers welcomed! :lol:

I started it but it hasn't really taken off - few want to talk about their low steppage for some reason! :shock:

I averaged 9,000 last week, after weeks of bumping along at the 5-6,000 mark, so I'm thrilled - finally, some improvement!
Hello all and welcome to RawKaren!

Well I have a goal this week of 9k steps per day, and I had better get off the computer if I want to make it! Yes, I agree with Sian that I should get a lot more steps for the amount of work I did cleaning, but it doesn't work that way. Sigh.

Looks like I'll be up to 10K steps per day in just a couple more weeks.
I have a goal of 15k steps per day, BUT I don't work in an sedentary with long hour - otherwise there is no way I'd have time! So well done to everyone who achieves even 10k steps in a day with full time work (not on their feet all day). Especially in the winter when it is dark for so long.
When I teach all day I notice a difference in the steps I do compared to when I work at home in my gites doing the garden or cleaning the houses.
I'm lucky in that I have the time to run around 45kms a week and am doing my first 10k race on Sunday - I *should* do under 50 minutes, fingers crossed!
How do you describe determination? FitBit Boob Blister. Losing enough weight that I had to unearth some smaller bras. The style didn't lend itself as well to holding my fitbit in the center so I just tucked it off center. Oh yeah, got a cute little blister. Just moved it to the other side as we all know one does not go anywhere without our fitbit!

It's been hard to force myself out of the house in the cold mornings but once out there I am so glad I am. I have a half marathon the first week-end in December so trying to keep my feet in shape.

I've been plotting my Thanksgiving morning walk. Maybe we should have a step challenge for Thanksgiving. Anyone game? All pedometers welcome. We could just post our daily steps here and motivate each other!

Welcome to our chat thread Rawkaren...I'm confident your Up can inspire you to achieve more steps everyday.
I am going to be spending five hours in the car on Thanksgiving, and helping my mother cook. I don't know that I'll get near my step goals that day. Plus it's my birthday, so I may be having champagne with the hubby rather than hitting the treadmill once we get home.
35 posts Page 2 of 3