The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

43 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: FITBIT CHAT FOR NOVEMBER
14 Nov 2014, 00:53
I work from home, so that only gives me about 5 steps to the study :grin: I walk the dog twice a day, the length varies, but that pretty much makes up 10,000 steps. Then there is all the rest - walking to shops, doing the rounds of animal feeding/watering/gardening, general movement at home. So most days I'm between 13,000 and 18,000. I don't tend to sit down much though, I don't watch tv, and my computer is on a standing desk, so I"m not often static for long. :grin: short attention span :grin:
14 Nov 2014, 11:15
Well, I don't know whose steps my fitbit was recording yesterday but it certainly wasn't mine! It showed over 16,000 and I had sat on my bottom for most of the day! Has anyone else experienced this type of obviously incorrect step count? There have been occasions in the past when I have been surprised by the numbers but never anything as over the top as this!
14 Nov 2014, 14:51
StowgateResident wrote: Well, I don't know whose steps my fitbit was recording yesterday but it certainly wasn't mine! It showed over 16,000 and I had sat on my bottom for most of the day! Has anyone else experienced this type of obviously incorrect step count? There have been occasions in the past when I have been surprised by the numbers but never anything as over the top as this!

That's interesting, but no not here. Only when I've driven up to my mums and the hills in the car have given me flights of stairs.
14 Nov 2014, 15:00
During Summer 2013 my Fitbit spent a few days telling me I was using 6000 - 7000 calories a day, a lovely idea but sadly untrue. I contacted Fitbit to see if this was a known bug, and they replied within 10 mins offering me a replacement
14 Nov 2014, 19:32
Just wishing @Wendyjane a speedy recovery ! Today I have managed 14000 steps so far, hurrah, but only 9 mins active ! How did that happen ? Ok so the dogs didn't get to go out as one has just been spayed and is rather sleepy and has to wear a lovely cone...she's not impressed ! I still did everything I normally do other than the dog walk. Oh well, I'll have to get running again, I stopped in half term then had a bit of a bug so haven't been out for a run for a couple of weeks. I like the idea of @katamac 's 1 mile run, I'll give it a go tomorrow...as long as it's not bucketing down again... Otherwise the treadmill will get it ! :oops:
14 Nov 2014, 22:04
One week follow up at the eye doc today, and I'm healing nicely. Now if it would only get warm enough to walk again! I forgot to ask the doc when I can run. So I'll call and ask that, but I'm not gung-ho enough to run in this weather anyway. Off to the grocery store to put in some indoor steps now!
23 Nov 2014, 10:46
@carieoates have you had the email about the new Fitbit Charge being available in the UK?
23 Nov 2014, 14:09
SianS wrote: @carieoates have you had the email about the new Fitbit Charge being available in the UK?

Yes @Sian, I'm a bit undecided. As the I like the charge HR. Its a watch, a tracker, a HR monitor and caller id. But not available yet. May wait till we go to Florida at Easter.
I think the surge is mahoosive.
How about you, will you go for the charge or wait?
24 Nov 2014, 12:31
I'm going to stick with my Fitbit One, but OH having lost more Fitbits than I care to think about has his eye on a Charge HR (he is currently using my old Zip with the back held on with sellotape). The clasp on the Charge HR looks much more robust than the Flex and it looks like you don't have to take the unit out of the strap to charge it.
I agree the Surge looks huge - almost big enough to be powered by its own solar panel :grin:
24 Nov 2014, 22:27
Help! I'm so busy and the weather is so awful, that I haven't walked for nearly a fortnight. I seem to be making all sorts of excuses for not going out and I can't inspire myself. Now I just keep telling myself that I'll start again after my holiday - how stupid is that?!!!! Any advice?
25 Nov 2014, 07:22
StowgateResident wrote: Help! I'm so busy and the weather is so awful, that I haven't walked for nearly a fortnight. I seem to be making all sorts of excuses for not going out and I can't inspire myself. Now I just keep telling myself that I'll start again after my holiday - how stupid is that?!!!! Any advice?

You've got to want to do it though havent you.
Maybe a brisk walk after lunch.....no matter what the weather. 20mins there and then 20 mins back.
Starting today.
:shock:
27 Nov 2014, 14:33
image.jpg
http://www.fitbit.com/uk/toryburch#1

Woo Hoo
Love it.
30 Nov 2014, 19:58
Nearly December.
Who's getting a fitbit it maybe a new Fitbit? For Xmas.
43 posts Page 3 of 3