The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

39 posts Page 1 of 3
Hi fellow fitbitters :)

I hope it's to start this week's thread. How's everyone doing? I had a bit of a mixed week last week and didn't make my goals for a couple of days.

This week I plan to meet them everyday which means I need to get my bum in gear because it's midday here and I've done very little so far. I realized my battery was about to run out though and have been charging it for the last hour. I was not about to do any more steps than necessary without the blooming fitbit on :oops:

Have a good week everyone :like: :clover:
Oh I just posted on last week's thread... Had an amazing day yesterday and earned my 30 K steps badge.. Walked/ ran over 22km :victory:
Did better last week than the previous but was still sick for half of it.

Hoping for a much better week this week. Got loads of work on though so most likely wont hit my targets but I am aiming for at least 50% each day.
Left my Fitbit on the charger yesterday for about 8 hours, bummed, but that was last week and today starts a new week right! Congrats on your 30,000 step badge Einatlb, it's funny how a little electronic symbol can make our day...

Wishing everyone a successful 5:2 and high step week!
So, I was on a streak...I had 51 days straight of making my goal. Until yesterday when I barely made it to 9,000. I spent most of the day just doing a bunch of miscellaneous tasks on my lists in between web surfing and watching free HBO weekend movies. But, ended up waiting on my daughter at the school more than 30 minutes around 11pm when I was planning to get to stepping. After I got home I tried to get them in; but midnight came faster than I could get it done. I guess that'll teach me to put it off til later. 51 days was a pretty good streak, though. My longest before that was 42.
I'm aiming to be more active this week too,I still can't run but I did a solid 40 mins on the Cross Trainer this morning.
I changed the battery in my Zip yesterday I must have been bit rough closing the battery cover, and I broke off a tiny bit of plastic inside, so now it is held together with sellotape :frown:

Don't tell my OH but I'm watching some One's on eBay :oops:
Congrats Einatlb. That is one massive amount of steps! and don't worry SianS your secret is safe with us ;)

I had an awful day again yesterday. I don't really know why but I'm making up for it today and met all my goals pretty early on.

I had a join request today from hourglass so hopefully she will be joining us on here soon too.
Hello everyone - and hello again Umleila. I am very slow of thinking when it comes to technology, so it's taken me an hour or so to find this thread, but I'm very happy to have joined you all. I've been on the 5:2 forum since June and just got my Fitbit this weekend. Today was my first day up and running and I've logged a respectable 14,416 steps. However, since over a hundred were in my sleep, I'm a little dubious. Distance is clearly out, with Fitbit estimating that I've covered far more ground than possible (by 20%??). I'm going to try to measure my walking and running stride properly tomorrow if it stops raining... and if I can work out how!

I'm dying to find out if I am as inactive as I fear in between my desperate bouts of middle-aged exercise...and to find out if I really am the sleep-deprived wreck I say I am and whether I'm being fair when I blame it all on hubby's snoring.
Welcome Hourglass. I hope that you'll discover that your sleep is amazing and that you are very active :smile: Umleilla. I wish you some better days. It's boring to be at the top of the leader board so come and get me :smile: SianS I wish you a better week. It is great that you can still do cross training. When I hurt my iliotibial band few months ago I was so happy that I could do cross training otherwise I would be devastated.Tim, Linda and 43tweaker I wish you all a better week :smile:
Welcome Hourglass! Since I wear my fitbit to bed, a 100 steps would be reasonable during the night with a couple bathroom visits. Where did you have yours clipped..or do you have a Flex? 15,000 is a great day of steps! I found a tile floor that had the 12 inch tiles and then walked across it to see where my steps landed and measured center step to center step to test my stride. Just holler to the group if you have any questions...someone is bound to know the answer.
I used the same method as GoLinda except the instructions I found said specifically to count from the back heel to the front big toe as that would be the ground you covered in a step. I wonder which method is more accurate. Though, honestly it is only an average anyway...you will take larger and smaller steps depending on speed, incline, type of surface walking on etc.
Hmmm, I guess I measured incorrectly then. I'll add another 6 inches to my step measurement. :grin: Thanks ladies! :like:
Is there a place to set the stride length? When I first got it I went for a massive walk and then just mapped the same course on google maps to see the distance and it was within 200m over 7km distance so I was happy with that and never changed it...
Tim, click on the little gear button on your dashboard (upper right corner) then settings, on your personal info page scroll down and you will see your height and such, your stride length is listed there along with your running stride length. :)
Am I addicted or something. I do my class mon, weds, fri and sat. But here I am Tuesday, "a day off" and I'm feeling like something is missing. I've clocked up 9748 steps without exercise class. And now in a Sunday I go for a 5k walk as I feel like I should be doing something is missing. We have a mini gym and treadmill in our garage...... Dusty and unused equipment my hubs invested in. I might just.......
So The question is how should I start jogging. Mins. Incline. Distance. What should a newbie start with? Any advice from you runners is greatly received .
39 posts Page 1 of 3