The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

133 posts Page 8 of 9
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
zamale wrote: Sorry if its already been said. I just saw on FB news feed the World Guinness record for the longest held plank is 3hours, 7 minutes and 15 seconds. Anyone game? :shock:

Absolutely...how about Checkers?

:lol:
heh. i can't even do 3 minutes much less 3 hours +
This is the one exercise I managed to keep up a bit on my work trip/holiday. I haven't progressed so much as stay put at about 2.5 minutes.
2min 50 today :-D. Maybe I'll hit 3 minutes after all!
@Minsmum when doing this I downloaded a stopwatch app so I just looked at what I had to do, got into position and started the stopwatch. I didn't get any beeps to tell me to stop but you can see from the screen how long you have been in torture, sorry planking :grin: . There maybe a stopwatch app that does give beeps. I'm still planking but not for 5 mins every time as I am still adding in other challenges/exercises plus running. Just added this one (only done day one) of exercises/stretches for runners @MaryAnn looks interesting. Will repost on Any Runners thread.
http://www.kinetic-revolution.com/30day ... challenge/
@AnnieW I think you keep getting your "mins" mixed up.
I am Wendy and an exerciseaphobe. I have spent loads on gyms and classes over the years but really don't like exercise for it's own sake. I find it boring. Years ago I did aerobics to music that was more like dance routines in the days of Olivia Newton John, Flashdance and Lycra (showing my age now!) oh my goodness, we walked on sunshine a lot. 'We elllll and don't it feel good?' :lol: :lol: :lol: I really loved it, was good at it and even entered and passed exams :grin: but never found a class like it again.

I haven't been able to push the door open to get in here before as I am such a weakling but encouraged by @carieotes who said something like 'exercise love!' when I was bemoaning my jelly belly, here I am.

I downloaded the 30 day ab challenge by mistake but no matter, I managed to do all the exercises for day one today and found planking easier than I thought. It is boring but only lasts a few minutes. Can I join in please? Thanks x
Welcome Wendy Darling!

No fairy dust nor admission required where the tent-acles haven't yet reached. All are welcome to firm their 'resolves' and walk the cap'n's plank! Tic, tock, tic, tock... ARG! Damn the clocks (and the croc') too.

:-)
Day 4 today and a rest day thank goodness. Man, this is getting hard (not the abs yet) It must be doing some good because I can feel it I would say everywhere
I never managed to finish the challenge, but I try to do 2.5 minutes or so every other day or so. I'm focusing on form rather than time. I haven't really gotten to the bottom of what caused my sciatica, but I don't think doing planks with good form can hurt. In fact, strengthening my core is probably a good thing (for the sciatica and otherwise)
Thank you MaryAnn, 2.5 minutes sounds great. I hope to be able to build to that. I think form is important too. I think I have sciatica and am hoping that this will help
I was doing the ab challenge not the plank one so I changed but I was doing it wrong because it was too easy so I have checked my posture in a mirror and have started again. I still don't find it difficult but have started again today at 60 seconds. Could have done longer but as a beginner I want to take it easy. How's everyone else doing?
I included a plank as part of a pre-run warm up routine. It definitely reminds you where your core is. Usually 3:15, sometimes more. (Psst! Don't let too many days get between them because it's easier to continue than restart.)
You can hear an echo in here. And look at all the dust that's accumulated in 23 days of forum inactivity! Tsk! Tsk!

3:15 pre-run plank today after a 4:05 the other day just for the L of it. Starting with 1 minute 30 side planks (for the first time) took more effort than I'd thought. Oh! I can feel those.
Hi, I am going to try day 1 on Saturday and see what happens.
ADFnFuel wrote: You can hear an echo in here. And look at all the dust that's accumulated in 23 days of forum inactivity! Tsk! Tsk!

3:15 pre-run plank today after a 4:05 the other day just for the L of it. Starting with 1 minute 30 side planks (for the first time) took more effort than I'd thought. Oh! I can feel those.

Those side planks are horrible. The gym witch made me do them today and I kept sticking my arse in the air (which of course is cheating) :shock: :shock:
Previous 1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 Next
133 posts Page 8 of 9