The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

495 posts Page 33 of 33
Previous 1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 Next
I need to start tracking my exercise again. It's so easy to get off track. A busy week at work, a weekend away, suddenly the habit of going to the gym is gone. I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. I've been doing HIIT on the elliptical on nonfast days and strength training on fast days. I hate that I'm wasting perfect running weather not running but my foot needs a rest.

Is anyone else still doing HIIT?
I am still doing hit a couple of times a week on my bike but I have no routine, and I really should do it more often. I have the same problem in that if I take a break, even for a few days, I have to work hard to get back on track. I have also been quite lazy with pushing myself to do longer bursts or more reps, all in all I need to organise myself better!
HIIT is still the workout I like least. I've been doing it mostly on non-fast days lately, which helps.

I had a bit of a fail yesterday. I could only manage 15 minutes. I think I was more tired from swimming the day before than I realized. If the soreness in my arms and shoulders today is any indication, I might have overdone it a bit at the pool!
MaryAnn wrote: I need to start tracking my exercise again. It's so easy to get off track. A busy week at work, a weekend away, suddenly the habit of going to the gym is gone. I'm trying to get back in the swing of things. I've been doing HIIT on the elliptical on nonfast days and strength training on fast days. I hate that I'm wasting perfect running weather not running but my foot needs a rest.

Is anyone else still doing HIIT?

Good question. One year has passed since opening this thread and I havent. Went on a few long works so not HIIT but was so tired i slept and slept that evening. Clearly out of shape, I am.
stick with it, Juliana. Any exercise is better than no exercise. Finding something you enjoy doing is half the battle.
New Year Wishes
29 Dec 2014, 07:16
Wishing entire community a very Happy New Year 2015 and May God bless you all with health, wealth and prosperity! :smile:
you too, @BabydollAngel!

I've had a few HIT fails lately. One day I only managed 15 minutes (I usually do 20), and the next time, only 10! I have been doing other exercise lately, like swimming and cycling, and I'm hoping that's all it is. Fingers crossed my next attempt is successful!
My new Xiser stepper is due for delivery tomorrow. So, I'm up for beginning HIIT, but will need to set my goals after I get some idea of how much etc. Will reread the necessary documents.
Congrats, @ferretgal. This is a nice article summarizing different protocols: http://www.lessfatmoremuscle.net/blog/2 ... protocols/
I follow the one called Trapp protocol here (Trapp is the first author on the paper, Boutcher is the last; so it's often referred to as the Boutcher protocol). Lately I've been doubling both the up and down times, though (16s up; 24s down). Good luck! :clover: :clover:
Success! Finally finished the full 20 minutes. I dropped the tension back a notch. The machines in my gym seem to gradually get more tense over time...
Thanks for the link @MaryAnn. It was a good reminder. I haven't done any HIT training for months! Time to get the rowing machine back into the house, I think! Alternatively, I have a very cheap and not very good elliptical trainer, but perhaps that would be a good alternative. That, or a bike, certainly seems the torture instrument of choice in the article. I need to make a decision! :?:
I have signed up to Jantastic 2015 again and for January I'm running twice a week and swimming once a week. I also do yoga once a week and I'm going to try Hiit once or twice a week too. I found this website which has lots of really helpful ideas with timers too. Am thinking I'm going to work my way through the 30 day HIIT plan, I'm also using some of their sprinting ideas on one of my running days. I have a week long residential in June with year 6 so I'll need to be fit for that :) http://neilarey.com/programs/30-days-of-hiit.html
That's quite some programme you're taking on @LouLou51. You'll certainly be fit enough to tackle those Year 6's! Good luck!
I'm exhausted just reading about your regime @Loulou51!

I'm not doing HIT but am back at my exercise classes 4 times a week. Actually, maybe I am doing some HIT - tonight's class was circuits - 40 seconds on each station, most of which were knackering!!

:pissedoff: :pissedoff: :pissedoff: :pissedoff: :pissedoff: :pissedoff: :pissedoff: :pissedoff:
My HIIT routine is now 6 x 30 sec bursts of running on the spot - in a swimming pool, as I have dodgy knees - with 20 secs recovery between each set. When I began I was averaging around 150 steps in the 30 secs - now it's above 200.

I'm also doing kettlebell exercises every other day - going from a 3kg kb 14 months ago to the 12kg kb I had delivered this week. On the days I don't kettlebell I do bodyweight exercises - 4 x 20 press ups with 8kg on my back + 4 sets of chin ups - totalling 20/21 ATM.

Never felt - or been - so fit! :)

How's everyone else doing?
Previous 1 ... 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 Next
495 posts Page 33 of 33