The FastDay Forum

Getting Sweaty! Exercise & Fitness

495 posts Page 31 of 33
Previous 1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 Next
Back in the day, when I was a county athlete (how the mighty have fallen) the coach used to do HIT with us, though it wasn't called that. He would take us on a jog to a secluded, quite lane that had a steep hill part way up it. The method was to run as fast as you could up the hill, then jog gently down the hill and repeat. If you are running to get your HIT maybe this would work for you?
I managed the full 20 minute HIIT (Boutcher protocol) yesterday, for the first time in ages. I try to get to at least 15 always, but often don't make it past that. I need to get into gear with my training. Race sign-ups for the fall are already starting!
Another shamefaced original HIT member (#24) here. I really didn't keep with it more than a few sessions back in January or whenever you started this thread. Just started again this week using a DVD I found - "10 Minute Workout". It really is a Tabata protocol that goes for 8 minutes (8 exercises done 2 times each; 20 sec up, 10 sec rest). It's a killer! Just doing it 3 times this week on alternate days - day 2 done yesterday.
I hope it is going to kick me out of Plateauland, where I've been living for a couple of months.
Thanks for resurrecting this thread. I am going to try to stick with it this time. :like:
i know the feeling @judithn.
ive said it before but i must sort my new regime out
Sadly I've not been able to do any HIT for a while as I stupidly fell of a ladder and stained a calf muscle quite badly, then tried to ignore it thus making it much worse. I did start my HIT running again a few weeks ago but have been wondering, I was doing the same HIT set week in week out and I wonder if I should be varying it so this week for one of my sessions I just did a 20 minute run at a good pace rather than HIT and found it more tiring than a 20 minute HIT session. Now if dont know if I should do this occasionally as well as HIT, any ideas?
HIIT addict here. I gym it 5 x per week and there's always a bit of hiit going on :like:
Pip wrote: HIIT addict here. I gym it 5 x per week and there's always a bit of hiit going on :like:

Hiya @Pip. i made you member 41
wow to gym 5 days a week is so impressive!

i feel very slack
Has anyone else tried weight lifting and HIIT on the same day? I've done this a couple of times now. I always do weight lifting first because I get really sweaty doing HIIT and I don't want to get all the weight machines sweaty. I always struggle with HIIT on those days. The other day I only managed 10 minutes! My legs were really weak.

In other news, I tried something called body combat today. It's like aerobics, plus punching and kicking. It was a good workout. It was at 7am. OUCH!
So at the beginning of July, I printed out a month-long calendar and started recording my exercise every day. In the weeks of July, I exercised 4, 2, 5, 5, and 3 (so far) times per week. The "2" week included the end of a short holiday and a typhoon. I'm pretty pleased with that.

I'm having a bit of a frustrating time at work, so when I'm feeling down I head to the gym. At least then I can feel good about something!
Impressive results @MaryAnn. Sorry to hear about your trials at work.Hopefully, you will come through it and out the other side in a better place. The gym/exercise is great for lifting spirits/working out frustration isn't it? I used to draw faces on a squash ball and belt the bejesus out of it. Took some stuff very personally then and it really helped :shock: Not had to do that for a while! :D
Will you do an August plan? I'm inspired by your commitment.
We're just back from part one of our holiday where we were very active outside and I'm feeling cooped up already.
I had a MadMax attack on Tuesday and he hit back giving me a blood blistered hand! Ouch! It was only 20 minutes but I did 3.5k. No HIIT just steady.
Beloved is making noises about starting again (we did the 30 day shred before we went away) so I'm thinking the Plank Challenge and the abs one. As we're going away in 13 days I reckon we can start before we go and continue even in tiny hotel rooms.
There , said it so will have to do it!
Sending positive vibes your way.
@MaryAnn I do weights and HIIT and find it works well. As you say the weights have to come first due to the sweat generated by the HIIT. Most of the lifting I do is to train my arms and shoulders with some squats thrown in so I do the squats first so that by the time I do HIIT my legs are OK. I tend to do about 30mins of weights then 20mins of HIIT then do a gentle slow run to wind down. :smile:
that's an impresssive workout @Garnet25! Don't think I could do weights then HIIT without oxygen and a sturdy attractive paramedic on stand by.
Did manage another 20 mins /3.5k on madmax
I'm ashamed to say that my exercise has completely fallen by the wayside and I am currently doing absolutely nothing! With family staying for the next three weeks, I think it will be September before I can even think about re- starting the rowing HIT. I wish I could find some exercise that I actually enjoy!
Original member#17. I had a pinched nerve in my hip in May (due to a new pillow misaligning me, it wasn't even athletically induced! I got things back in alignment & would love to get started again. Thanks for re-upping the thread
Hmm
Had a look at the 30 day abs challenge and the 30 day plank challenge. Abs has a plank in it so doesn't seem very useful to do both, methinks.
So, we have decided to do the 30 Day Little Black Dress challenge. It is much more mixed up with different exercises each day. I like ' muscle confusion' and Beloved gets bored so it might be just the thing. And you do it flat out so it's HIIT too.
I don't wear black at all, but Beloved will look gorgeous in his LBD.
Start later today. Wish us luck
ps MadMAx will also get a severe going over too- I won't neglect him.
Previous 1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 Next
495 posts Page 31 of 33