The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

49 posts Page 2 of 4
I'm in today for a change. Didn't do my usual Sunday, so catching up. Really feel for those having extreme weather at the moment. It's a pleasant 25C here but murky and there is nowhere to go to enjoy being outside.
Hi every one. I am/was in today. The day is nearly finished here in Melbourne (4:30pm). The day was rainy and grey but I made a busy day out of it and so far have not had anything except a flat white coffee. I took advantage of the fast and had my checkup blood test done. I got there mid-day and the nurse was telling me it might be a too long fast. She says more than 15 hours since the last solid food is not good for the blood test. I just made it. Then off too early voting as I am not in Melbourne on Saturday and after that I did some grocery shopping. Now thinking what to eat as my OH is not here either. May be just a simple egg and mushroom omlet for tonight. :victory:
Im in today. 5pm or thereabouts and ive been a good girl. Just 4 mouthfuls of cottage cheese, a half a cup of almond milk. couple of spoonfuls of yoghurt and some expresso coffees with a drop of milk and 1/4 sugar (yeah i know im failing my quit sugar challenge). Not sure what it is about cheese and yoghurt but i find them satisfying and filling and no longer crave protein bars.

My meal last Friday was so good I'm doing same but with chicken. and will also 1/2 the noodles and bulk up with more cabbage and carrots or other greens.

this is what my Beef Pad Thai looked like
padthai.jpg
padthai.jpg (109.22 KiB) Viewed 163 times
Morning from frosty Scotland! I'm in today. Only managed one day last week as off work and out of normal routine. Looking forward to 2 this week as really want to get below 13 st for Christmas. Had lots of sugary treats over the weekend as at a 1 year old birthday party.......... cake, tray bakes, tablet, jelly sweets! Cold turkey today then! :bugeyes:
I love hearing about your life in the heat in Australia............ have to say I love both hot and cold and love our seasons for that reason. Not that our summer's are reliably hot.
Happy fasting everyone. X
Your meals look great JR. @Juliana.Rivers
I'm in for a MWF fasting week, also I have a wee Xmas challenge to keep me going.
In today... feeling a bit off today. Tired, unexpectedly hungry already... worried about this as it's only 8:45 am here! Might be the chilly start... not sure. Hopefully I can do this. :struggle:

Concerned for folks in Australia with those extraordinary temperatures. The story of that baby was on the news this am. :( What a story.

Ladan
I'm joining you today. I missed my Thursday fast so getting back on track. Dinner is half an advocado with crayfish and lettuce. Plenty of chilled mineral water through the day ....... happy fasting everyone :clover:
Well I'm in...again! At least trying to start...again! I have my M&S meal in the fridge waiting...but JR @Juliana.Rivers your Pad Thai has made my mouth water! How delish does that look?!!
Anyway, I'm going to get back into it in a more sensible way. I read Simcoeluv's threads to give me some inspiration and I think I'll start 5:2 and then increase when I'm really properly back in the saddle. I need to do this...I really do!
Good luck everyone. I hope today's fast is easy peasy!

Bean :starving:
Oh I just missed you there @Lizbean. The two Beans fasting together! Mmm I must say I like the sound of your Crayfish!
Enjoy :wink:
Hiya @nursebean it's from Pret - 220 cals. I often have it on fast day, it really satisfies me and does not rumble the hungry beans in me :wink: Love my chilled mineral water, it's so refreshing .... what do you drink? Dashing off to work ...... I'm dedicating my fast to you today sis bean ... let's do it :victory:
Aww thanks for the dedication! Well, I must dedicate MY fast day to my fellow Bean! Hope you have a great day at work (if thats possible on a Monday!!)
By the way, I drink water, green tea and coffee throughout my day. I think my downfall was when I started adding milk to my coffee. I seemed to lose my ability to say 'no' to things after that. Very strange!
Anyway, good luck!
Bean :starving: :wink:
Looks like a great Beef pad thai @Juliana.Rivers - I absolutely crashed at my Fast this morning, I didn't evening make it to midday! :cry: :cry:

I feel so very disappointed in myself, I was so good on my two weeks holiday, and now home again I am eating just everything in sight!
I am not sure how I will go but I will try it all again tomorrow, and I guess keep on trying!

Great story @Sallyo Congratulations - I wish I could take notice and get some of your inspiration, I thought I was stronger than this, I guess not!

Maggie :smile:
What was I thinking.. made the pad thai chicken tonight, consumed my portion then went into the kitchen and had a bowl of ice cream. it was small but I thought it was the next day or something. realised about 30 minutes later. ooops. dont often do that.
It's Monday so one of my usual 4:3 in maintenance.
I am not joining in today as usually. I have had a very bad flu like cold and felt rough all weekend. I did have an unplanned fast day Saturday due to my throat feeling like it was on fire. Hopefully I will feel better for Thursday but want to know I can drink etc without the worry of it all. Good luck everyone who is fasting today.
49 posts Page 2 of 4