The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

49 posts Page 1 of 4
Where did the year go!!! I'm off for a bit of exercise before the heat starts again over 40 celcius here yesterday. Mind you the heat doesn't make me less hungry. Have a great fast day.
I am on again off again with this way of eating, very slack!!!. This morning I woke early and got up because if I lie there awake, all my worries become mountains in my head. I checked emails and there in front of my eyes was the Fast Day newsletter. ....SO I have decided to make today my first Fast Day of my NEXT attempt to do the right thing!!! Wish me luck!!.....Oh, and it was 42 degrees here in northwest slopes and plains NSW yesterday :( Today it is to be a balmy 39.....eeek!!! I DO NOT DO HEAT WELL!!!
I'm in too Wineoclock. The heat was amazing! I feel sorry for people with no air conditioning.
Good luck @SoTellMe, you can do it!!! I've lost 23 KGS in 20 months. Slow but in the right direction because I've made this WOE a sustainable way of life . I know you can do it because you know it works. Its just wrapping your head around it which you seem to have done. What's for dinner guys?
Xxx julianna
I'm in! Work and a visit to the dentist. :(
Happy fasting everyone.
Thanks julianna. What's for dinner? I have no idea yet having just an hour or so ago decided to start fasting again :D
Good morning everybody

Thanks for leading us today @Wineoclock - I hope you have it a bit cooler today. Hi @SoTellMe have a good fast day.
We are back from two weeks up at Townsville, North Queensland, such a pretty place, but so very hot and humid, it's like being in an oven 24/7! Magnetic Island was lovely, but that @Wineoclock barefoot bar place was shut for the two days whilst we were there! I was very disappointed, but we enjoyed the horseshoe bay and other areas.

I need this Fast day today, so my plan to get out of the kitchen all day, is to head out for some Christmas retail therapy with my list.
Happy Fasting everybody.

cheers Maggie. :smile:
Morning all. It's not hot here. It's trying to rain and I wish it luck because we really need rain. I had a triumph yesterday when I tried on the dress I had last remembered wearing to my mother's 80th birthday in 2000. It was a bit tight then I remember. It fitted! If you put on a kilo a year every year after menopause, then I've lost most of those kilos put on since 2000. My scale weight hasn't changed since last summer, but something has changed because last time I tried on that dress, it didn't fit and now it does. Such an encouragement. Inspired to fast today! It's some kind of chicken or duck salad. Friend visiting from Hobart and OH asked her to bring Greek cakes. So that might be a bit of a challenge. I could always have strawberries and save my Greek cake for breakfast tomorrow.
I'm in too. Wet and thundery here in Melbourne - as of course it would be on the day we are moving younger son's bed and couch and he officially moves out. Welcome back SoTellMe, hope you get back into the routine quickly. :) Wishing everyone a successful fast! :)
Wow, posts coming in thick and fast this morning - another 3 while I typed this (I am slow on the iPad, have to keep correcting my typing and the font is SOOOO tiny - and can't be changed - I have trouble seeing it. Moan over!!)
Congrats Sallyo re the dress - how great that must have felt! And Maggie, hope you also get back into the fasting regime after your wonderful holiday.
What great news Sally!!! :victory: I think your body composition must be changing - less fat and more muscle so even though the scales haven't budged you are slimmer. The proof is in the dress!
Have you iPad users ever tried the dictation app? There is a little microphone to the left of the every time you type on your iPhone or iPad. You can even do punctuation. You just say things like: period, question mark, new paragraph. It is interactive and it gets to know this sort of language you use, so it gets better with time.

Anyway, I am fasting today, too. Good luck, Monday festers!
I'm back....again but let's not count how many times I have tried to get back into this.
Like so many others I did this months ,no years ago,lost the weight,gave it up and put on weight and have struggled to get back .i find the fasting easy but realise I eat too much on non fast days
Anyway,I have been fasting twice a week for a few weeks now ,lost a bit and then went away for a few days.now I am afraid to weigh myself after all those yummy breakfasts and dinners.
But today I was inspired by a private message ,to come back
Sotellme ,I am with you on my 4 the retry.good luck to all
Good Morning!
:cool: This is for all the Aussies who are melting again today!
@Sallyo- Great news- a fabulous feeling. I actually get such a shock when I do try something and it fits. And I bought a new swimming costume online last week(for my laps!) and it fitted. Amazing!
I have only lost 13 kg( would still like another 3 or 4 off) but it has made such a difference. And I have now kept it off for a year, which was unheard of in my WW days. :smile:
@Julianna- that is such a great loss, and I believe the slower the better for keeping it off.
I'm having my usual dinner of LOTS of stir fried veges and a plate of fruit for dessert. It feels like a good cleanse once a week.
have a good fast day folks.
You are all going to convince me to winter in Australia. I am already tired of being cold and it is only November!

I'll be fasting tomorrow, and then skipping my Thursday fast for Thanksgiving.
Thanks @gigi55. I've lost 13kg too. Still not at a healthy BMI but didn't put on over winter. Hoping for weight loss over summer. If I could only get below that magic 25 number. I still have a few items of clothing in that 2nd bottom drawer which I wore in the 90s and which one day I hope to wear again. @Peebles- I don't know how you would go with those 40C days! I don't think anyone really likes them! But come on down!
I spent several years in Texas. So as long as I have central air, I'm fine with temperatures like 40C. I actually didn't have a/c in my car when I first moved to Texas and got heat stroke one day on a long, slow commute home from work at a temperature of 110F. But you don't have to shovel heat and your car won't skid on it. The pipes won't burst if the power goes out either. And a/c is a lot cheaper than oil heat.

I have had two web friends from Oz visit my home and do hope to get there someday. My daughter has been. If OH ever retires from his business so that we can take vacations longer than a week, I'll be there!
49 posts Page 1 of 4