The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

69 posts Page 5 of 5
Fast day nearly done, though to be fair more like an extreme low cal day. I had forgotten I was giving blood until yesterday so only started my iron tablets then, but it meant I compromised my fast day for no reason.

Hey ho, onwards and downwards. Stargazing on TV and a cup of Options then bed.
Well, I was supposed to be fasting today but it went a bit strange. Last night I wasn't hungry and I felt rotten. I hadn't eaten since a snack at about 4.30 so I skipped dinner and went to bed early. I didn't eat again until about 9 this morning so I'm calling it a half fast, counting it as a partial success and planning for Monday :oops:

I know it's not perfect but it's a start. I just need to organise my food intake for next week's fasts (and maybe lock the chocolate somewhere I can't get to it for the duration of them.
cblasz wrote: This is the first time I'm getting 2 fast days in, since before the holidays!

Me too, @cblasz! And tomorrow will be my first weighing since before Christmas. I didn't go too wild in the last three weeks, but I've been so close to my goal for so long, that a gain of just a pound or two over my pre-Christmas weight will surely depress me...

And @BethP, my son went back to college (university to you, I believe) this week to find that the heater in his dorm room was frozen solid. The temperature outside the window was about -20 F (-28 C). He went and slept in the common room, and the next day they fixed his heater. What a start to his last term in college!!
I was in today too. Like several posters I found today hard, no idea why as Monday was fine. Been for a run this afternoon in our very wet, muddy woods as a distraction. First weigh in for the Valentine Club tomorrow so hoping for a bit of a loss :)
BethP wrote: Anyone else cold? Brrrr. Even with my heating fixed I'm shivering!

Yes, always on fast days but these days also on non-fast days (incl shivering). I had my iron levels, thyroid etc checked but all fine (except for low count white blood cells which they want to keep an eye on).

I am hoping it will happen next week too as we're expecting temperatures of 41-43 degrees Celsius for a few days! Good luck @BethP

BTW didn't fast on my usual Thursday as I'm now maintaining. I was careful except for the 1/2 bottle of NZ sauvignon blanc
Finished eating for the day - supper was a huge salad, carrots, turnip and a small piece of pork. lots of water and tea today. I missed my Diet Pepsi but managed to survive :)
Good job mkmacphee!

I had a good fast day. I had a really good shrimp quesadilla for dinner. I still have about 100 calories left. If I need to I'm going to use them on a light yogurt!

Have a great night!
Who says fasting is deprivation? Not me! I had this pan of teriyaki veggies with a sprinkle of peanuts for dinner, and my son's minestrone soup (mostly broth left from the big pot made last week). The veggies were supposed to be two days worth, but it was too good and I ate it all :smile: . Still, I think that's a calorie total of under 300 for the day (I no longer count, as I can tell close enough what 300 - 400 calories looks like).
stir fry.jpg
wendyjane wrote: Who says fasting is deprivation? Not me! I had this pan of teriyaki veggies with a sprinkle of peanuts for dinner, and my son's minestrone soup (mostly broth left from the big pot made last week). The veggies were supposed to be two days worth, but it was too good and I ate it all :smile: . Still, I think that's a calorie total of under 300 for the day (I no longer count, as I can tell close enough what 300 - 400 calories looks like).
stir fry.jpg

Looks too delicious, it's making me hungry :bugeyes:
69 posts Page 5 of 5