The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

64 posts Page 5 of 5
Re: Fasting today - 28 February
28 Feb 2013, 20:55
Phew I made it through the day and thoroughly enjoyed my evening meal totalling 430 cals. Am feeling pretty tired so shall go to bed soon. I found it much better saving all the calories until the evening rather than having a small breakfast too. Well done everyone.
28 Feb 2013, 21:00
Mauaflower wrote: Managed my 2nd day this week without any food for 24 hrs, but made what feels like a mistake by attempting a one hour zumba class before eating. I couldn't keep up with the class and felt like I'd done myself some damage ( knees, shoulders). Plus my 350 cal meal (I'm only 5 ft 1) has left rather a gaping hole. I'm holding out for a hot chocolate in an hour but I feel ravenous. And not v well. Do others find exercising easy on an empty stomach? I also walked for 1hr 45 mins today (to and from work plus at lunch time to keep me occupied). Too much perhaps?

Hi Mauaflower
Others do seem to exercise without problems. There is no way that I would be able to do after work Zumba on a fast day! I might attempt a morning class though.

(I used to have my fitness app on 1250 cal per day and found I lacked enough energy for Zumba)

I hope you feel better soon and have not done any serious damage. Others will be better to advise you properly but I think if I felt really ill and weak I would eat something.
28 Feb 2013, 23:08
Phew, the day is over, 2nd fast finished, now sleep. Shared a 500g Quorn Lasagne with OH, lots of mushrooms, baby plum tomatoes, romaine lettuce and cucumber and a fat free yogurt. Night all. Sleep well :)
01 Mar 2013, 00:25
Yes, a success! So relieved, yesterday was unable to finish my fast was a bit peckish and indulgent lol.

Today went really well, amazing that I dry fasted ( no liquids) up until 6. Just had a nice bowl of spaghetti(shiritake noodles) and low calorie pizza all for 300.

Will have something later on if needed.

Cheers :)
64 posts Page 5 of 5