The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

64 posts Page 2 of 5
Re: Fasting today - 28 February
28 Feb 2013, 08:23
Just ended up eating some more Zelnik. Was heating the rest of it up for hubby and the kids and couldn't resist. But i only had 1/2 a piece, so that was about 400 calories. Will try not to eat the rest of the day but if i fail will have to start again tomorrow.
28 Feb 2013, 08:30
I'm on my 2nd fast day as well. Tea with no milk is so wrong!!! I measured out 100ml and took it work and just took it off my 500cals. I found myself looking forward to my next cuppa!
I'm not sure if that's the right way to do it but it worked Monday x
28 Feb 2013, 08:34
10th fast day today, and because I've lost nearly 4 kgs so am very motivated to lost the last 2kgs and get on the 6:1 asap. I have a dash of skimmed milk with tea and then nothing except sugar free gum until the evening meal. I actually quite enjoy fast days - no worries about deciding what to eat and they are becoming quite a habit now. Good luck to everyone!
28 Feb 2013, 08:36
8th fast day for me with a heavy work load of teaching undergraduates to do today, which always makes me feel hungry. I am aiming to have nothing except a hot chocolate and plenty of water, saving up for tonight when I can have a beef and veg soup. :)

Good luck to all fasters today and don't worry about what you ate yesterday. Today is a new day and repair for your body. :)
28 Feb 2013, 08:37
Morning everyone

6th fast for me. I have nothing but water all day and then I will eat something this evening.

I like the idea that I am cleansing my body with just water throughout the day and that's it :D
28 Feb 2013, 08:55
I didn't fast yeterday, on my day off, as I had a bad cold. Today, it isn't so bad so will be fasting after a light lunch (<250 cals) until about 8am tomorrow. I tend to do it this way when I'm at work as, working in a shop, I'm not allowed drinks on the shop floor so the only opportunity I have to drink water, or anything, is on my lunch hour or on my one break. This way I only really have to go without drinks for four hours, I can drink plenty when I get home.
28 Feb 2013, 09:01
Morning fellow Thursday fasters. Today is going to be a difficult one for me as a work colleague is leaving and everyone has brought in chocolates, cake and biscuits. Grrrrr..... Will focus on my fajitas for dinner and hopefully get through the day. Wish me luck!
28 Feb 2013, 09:26
Hello all, 10th fast day and the first time I have woken up absolutely starving! Usually skipping breakfast is a doddle and I don't really notice hunger much til mid-day, so today is going to be very different but I'm just going to go with it, coffee/tea/water til evening..
28 Feb 2013, 09:37
Morning Fellow Thursday fasters
this is fast no4 for me, yesterday i think i ate about my tdee but not sure, but after years of cal counting and WW etc i find it hard psychologically to think that eating normally will help me lose weight when site like MFP say to lose is should have 1500cal but my TDEE is around 2200.
anyway,i am goona try and go through till tea as i think this is best for me with just drinks and maybe a small bit of fruit if i get really hungry
tonite i plan on prawn & Pepper stir fry and if enough cals maybe a seeded wrap to yummmmmmmmmm

good luck all

jeniben
28 Feb 2013, 09:47
Good morning fasters, it's my 16th day to fast and such a glorious sunny start. I had to be up early to cook breakfast for a b&b guest who was going early to work but I'm cool with that. Then mucked out my horses and did some b&b jobs.

The discipline takes over on fast days so I might be tempted with all sorts yesterday or tomorrow, but not today.

As I'm seeing good results from this I'm a happy bunny. Have a good one.
28 Feb 2013, 10:12
Hi Thursday fasters, my 8th and beginning to get used to it now. Results are a bit up and down and feel I must just keep going. Good luck all.
28 Feb 2013, 10:13
Good luck today all,
fasting today rather than yesterday as planned - fingers crossed today will be more succesful :)
28 Feb 2013, 10:49
Fast day for me as well.

Nothing but black tea / coffee / water til dinner time. (Almost forgot and helped myself to a cake in the staff room, but remembered just in time).

Feeling a bit stressed with work (and grumpy teenagers) today so need to watch the temptation for comform eating!
28 Feb 2013, 11:10
Hi...to everyone. Fast day for me too. My 3rd fast day of the week. I have been on alternative day fasting for around 10 months but seem to ended up on a see saw plateau. So decided to try 3 set fast days a week to see if that will kick start my metabolism. Have only put 1lb back on of the 2lbs that I lost on Tuesday fast day...so maybe promising this will be the better way to go for me.

Black coffee only so far...and will eat tonight...a salad and and orange I guess or similar.

Think positive we can eat normally tomorrow and its a while before our next fast day.#

Jeniben: I found it difficult in the beginning when I was on alternate day fasting...to eat 2000 calories...What that's too much?!!...but when I only ate 1200 - 1500 I didn't lose any weight but when I upped it...it kick started the weight loss. So try to eat the 2000 on UD if you can.
28 Feb 2013, 11:23
I've got some Eat Water Slim Rice (like Zero Noodles) to eat with my stir fries at lunch and dinner. 15 kcals for 200g. It does look a bit unappealing now I've taken it out of the packet it has to be said - all gelatinous and spongy. Ah well, we'll see - I'll report back after lunch!
64 posts Page 2 of 5