The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

41 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: Monday 21st Fast Day
21 Jan 2013, 13:14
I'm only on my second fast day but finding it much harder than the first. I think mainly because I have the kids home on a snow day so have had to make them yummy cheese toasties for lunch and hot chocolates when they come in from the snow etc. I will make it through but much harder to just forget about it.
21 Jan 2013, 13:14
*gggerrrrarrrrrrr* ... thats the sound of my belly growling :lol:

I've got some soup simmering and it smells fab but I've got to wait until it cools a bit so I can put it in the blender ... maybe I could just drop icecubes in it :lol:
21 Jan 2013, 13:36
Ooh, Joltek, that's tough! I had to cook chocolate brownies on a fast day recently. It helps if I don't eat at all until the evening meal because mentally I know that food is "off the agenda" so to speak.

Keep strong!
21 Jan 2013, 14:14
Yes I am sticking with just the one meal in the evening too, then I figure I can look forward to it all day. Do the fasting days get easier over time? I suspect I am finding them hard as I have been eating far too much every day up till now so it's a bit of a shock to my system.
21 Jan 2013, 14:18
They really do get easier, although there will occasionally be a day where you struggle a bit more for some reason. For example I find it harder when it's that time of the month, especially as I feel the cold more on a fast day.

Today is my first 'struggle' in months though, well it's not so much that I'm struggling with willpower or anything, I won't eat. I'm a Taurus, stubborn as anything and if I've decided not to eat then damnit I won't eat! :) But I've got an ouch in my tummy and it's not quite hunger. Maybe I really do have a bug, or something didn't agree with me yesterday.

I'll survive. Gotta pop down the shops in the cold in a mo (burns more calories, yay!) and then when I get back it's time for low cal hot choc :D
21 Jan 2013, 14:51
It must be tough making food for other people and not having any yourself. My housemate made herself some lunch and it made me so hungry, to the point of slight nausea so that meant it was time for a walk in the snow! Feel much better now. And now I have a big mug of black coffee. I will last until 6.30ish! Despite the slight light headedness.
21 Jan 2013, 15:17
Going to drag the kids out for a walk, keep my mind off my tummy for a bit lol.
21 Jan 2013, 15:52
I'm sitting at work with my tummy growling and am on a bit of a low ebb. I really hope I can stick at this. I had the almost uncontrollable urge a while ago to go through to the canteen to buy a flapjack. The only thing that saved me was the fact that it was 3:15pm and it shuts at 3pm!!!
21 Jan 2013, 16:01
Karengi - I am going through exactly the same thing right now. I am sitting at my desk and have a large bag of pumpkin seeds in my bag and have an huge urge to rip them open but i know i will eat way too many than I supposed too! I have just made myself another black coffee to see me through my last hour at work!
Dont give in you will feel so much better for it tomorrow!
Mel
21 Jan 2013, 16:08
I like the day after repair day. I feel happier and more energetic :) Waiting 6pm for my dinner, hungry.com lol
21 Jan 2013, 16:25
Ok so I caved a minute ago and had a low cal yogurt! :o

I am only admitting it so the rest of you can feel smug and virtuous :D

I blame the driving sleet and freezing cold. Can't feel my feet.
Brrrrrrrrrr.......

By the way, if anyone is looking for ready meals under 500 cals, M&S have lots well under that in the Count on Us range, desserts too. Guilt free snacking range also good for small treats around 100 cals.

And no I don't work for M&S!
Jo
21 Jan 2013, 16:34
Just got back from the school run. Oddly I felt really hungry while in the car but now I'm back I'm fine again despite DS troughing waffles!

Got to take him off to climbing club in a bit and won't be back until 7.30 so I will have put in a full 24 hour fast today. Hoping OH will have the dinner on the table for the moment I walk in though!
21 Jan 2013, 17:50
Just had my tea, wholemeal pasta and tomato sauce. Was yummy and I am now stuffed. Think it will be an early night for me tonight to sleep away the hours tho.
21 Jan 2013, 17:57
Dinner over with and I just have enough cals left for a hot choc.

I was really worried today as I've been so hungry and bored all day. You know, sometimes it's easier to eat this way when you are under stress with kids off school and cold snowy weather. It just seems easier because I don't have the added stress of knowing I'm stuffing my face with rubbish.

To all of you who are struggling on fast days (me included), we can do it. It may not be easy but the more we keep doing it, the more ways we will find of coping with it. It works. :lol: and that makes me so happy.

I feel great and pleased that I've nearly got my 6th fast over and done with.
21 Jan 2013, 18:01
Won't be having my tea til about 7:30, prawns, smoked mackerel and asparagus salad with a tiny bit of low fat greek yoghurt to help dress it. Nearly licking ipad screen just reading those words.
41 posts Page 2 of 3