The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

41 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: Monday 21st Fast Day
21 Jan 2013, 18:12
I found it harder today.

In this weather, maybe a small lunch and smaller dinner would have worked better?

Not sure. Either way, I have eaten a lot less calories than usual with 22 hrs between meals so not bad :)
21 Jan 2013, 18:32
Well, I haven't stopped to have my hot choc today, just got busy with coding the progress tracker and drank plenty of water. I've lost track of time a bit and am hungry now, so best go and get dinner on. Lasagne, peas & homemade wedges. 40 cal saved from hot choc... more wedges or more peas? I know which I should have but I also know what I prefer ;)
21 Jan 2013, 18:42
That sounds like a nice dinner Moogie. Where did you get your lasagne recipe?

Sounds nice and substantial. Am interested in eating as filling a meal as possible in future.

You sound like you've put some thought into this! :D
21 Jan 2013, 20:30
I started the fasting last week. I had a lovely roast yesterday at 7 pm and have had no food only tea & water all day today until 7pm. I have now had smoked haddock on spinach with 2 poached eggs & a baked tomato. I had to cut the fish fillet in half as the whole piece was 340 calories! I am now feeling really hungry and have drunk lots of water to try to help. My husband is now eating all sorts of things HELP I am weakening !! Does 7 pm until 7pm count as 24 hours in which case does that mean I can eat normally now ? Confused.
21 Jan 2013, 20:34
Personally I wouldn't eat till breakfast tomorrow. I have my evening meal on a non-fast day round about six thirty and unless I have a piece of fruit or a glass of wine later that's it till breakfast two days later. I imagine it's the same for everyone?
21 Jan 2013, 20:38
I'm with Jem. However, some people do as you say, but the weight loss will be much slower! Personally I feel that this approach is better for maintenance once you reach your target weight.
21 Jan 2013, 20:57
Fast Jo wrote: That sounds like a nice dinner Moogie. Where did you get your lasagne recipe?

Sounds nice and substantial. Am interested in eating as filling a meal as possible in future.

You sound like you've put some thought into this! :D

Its just a modified version of my homemade lasagne recipe I sort of developed myself years ago. The recipe is in the recipes forum :)
21 Jan 2013, 21:22
Thanks Moogie.

I found it harder today and I'm hungry now even though I had a meal at 5.30.

I can currently only do the fast from dinner the night before until the next day's dinner which seems hard enough! My husband is holding off until the morning but he's just showing off! :D

My understanding is that Michael Mosley has his 600 cals as breakfast and dinner so he never has a 24 hr fast. I thought I was going above and beyond the call of duty! :oops:

It is a bit confusing. Just do whatever is possible at first, I'd say and see if it gets easier?

That's what I'm doing anyway!

Ps - to clarify I won't eat again until breakfast if I can help it
21 Jan 2013, 21:30
Just had tea as was stuck in a book, so was generally late for all of us. Although hungry I didn't know what to have, the kids wanted chips with something. Ended up having 2 small wholemeal cobs with half a slice of turkey in each plus lots of salad. Did pinch a chip off the kids though.
That's all the food I've had today, just tea with a little milk. I was still hungry after dinner but its settled now, there's room for more but I don't need more if that makes sense.
22 Jan 2013, 08:36
MY favourite fast day so far yesterday. I didn't feel anything more than mild hunger all day and managedon black coffee and one evening meal. Enjoying my peanut butter on toast breakfast today.
22 Jan 2013, 09:08
thesmallfabric - agree breakfast the next day seems a wonderful treat.

Hot cross bun for me with a cappuccino - very much enjoyed :D
41 posts Page 3 of 3