The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

49 posts Page 1 of 4
Morning everyone,

I am fasting today - feel pretty hungry but I haven't had my coffee yet :grin:

It is a bit cold though so I think I need to find some things to do that will get me moving as I tend to feel colder on fast days and it is trying to snow outside.

Hope it goes well for anyone fasting today. :clover:
Today is my second fast day! But it's already past 5pm here (Korea).

This morning I didn't eat until about 10am after my AM workout. Had an omelete with lots of veggies & half an apple. I'm getting kind of hungry now, but I won't be home until later until evening :( The fasting days haven't been too bad, other than the slight headache and sleepiness.
Morning. Me too. Fasted on Monday, so not an ideal gap, but need to fit in to Easter plans.

Good luck everyone
My 7th fast today :)
Having my morning coffee just now.
It's very cold today but hopefully I won`t feel very hungry :confused:
Me too! Fast number 16, I posted on one of these 'Fasting today' threads on Monday and had a real sense of wellbeing through the day so I'm chiming in again.
It's a shorter gap than usual for me as well, but daughter's Grandma coming for dinner tomorrow... I plan to go for a good walk around my local park at lunchtime. I haven't really cracked the TDEE thing yet, but a walk will do me good and I'm very happy to see the sun again after some really grey days. Good luck and good fasting!! :clover:
Me...

Need to drink more today. Crossfit at lunchtime & then need to paint our new conservatory.
Well done everyone!
Fast 4 today.
Not eating until dinner still working well.
Had a nice stir fry chicken meal with slim (konjac) noodles.
Think I have enough cals left over for icecream.
I'm in for today as well. Mushroom soup then stir fry tonight. Hello to another Moira. Good luck everybody.
Hello to you too Madmois! :smile:
For me it was a boiled egg & half grapefruit for breakfast, home-made minestrone for dinner.
About to make my first coffee of the day now.
24th fast for me on my usual Monday/Wednesday routine..

To see me through the day I will have flavoured water and coffee (with a splash of skimmed milk - black coffee is evil !)

Then it's cod fillet, jacket spud and veg at teatime !
I'm in! I've been on a plateau for 3 weeks but finally broke through it yesterday with a 1 lb loss! woohoo! Had a holiday last week and I think it was exactly what I needed to kickstart the weightloss again
Had a boiled egg for breakfast, going to hit the gym at lunch then cooking up a mega batch of Hairy Dieters chicken jalfrezi for tonights dinner with plenty left to freeze for the next couple of weeks.
Fast number 8 for me today. It feels easier this week :) Although I must remember to make a more inspiring dinner tonight! I'm liking the sound of these Hairy Dieters recipes people are mentioning.
I can definitely recommend the hairy dieters book! Only bought it a couple of weeks ago. It has lots great ideas if your stuck in a cooking rut, and all the recipes are under 500cal, lots at 350 or so if you leave out the carbs so good for fasting day dinners.
I am fasting today. Usually do Thursday but Easter complicates things.

I have now been fasting for six months and only missed one week at Christmas although occasionally do 6:1. I have finally broken my plateau where I was stuck for about six weeks and also broken the one stone lost mark. It is slow going but I am happy as I intend doing this in one form or anothe for life.

I spent too long being indoctrinated about eating little and often and have finally learned how to eat like a slim person. I now think of myself as a slim person and am nearly into a 'normal' bmi.

Just about to have my first cup of tea then will have egg on toast late afternoon followed by soup before bed. My usual (boring but manageable) fast day diet.
Just had my brunch (tried it this way for the first time on Monday and it worked (as in kept off the worst hunger, we'll see about the weight loss!!)) of chicken noodle soup (tin, weight watchers), two slized of ryvita with low fat cheese triangles. Not sure what I'm doing for dinner, maybe the lentil soup someone on here posted a recipe for (sorry, name's gone!) with some added chicken for a protein boost.

Then off to choir practice which keeps me from thinking of more food!

Keep smiling everyone!!
49 posts Page 1 of 4