The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

69 posts Page 4 of 5
Another Tues faster. I don't think I could've contemplated yesterday as we were at a family BBQ. :cool:

This is my 4th fast and I'm finding that I'm looking forward to the fast day rather than dreading it. If I over indulge on rich foods I don't feel so good.
I busied myself this morning and made some Peppa Pig Muddy Puddle Cakes with my son - wasn't even tempted to lick the spoon! :grin:
Another BBQ victim here from yesterday as well, but didn't feel as though I'd overdone it, because it was Monday even declined alcohol :shock:

Todays 'fast' has been easy so far, up at the crack of dawn, had a soft drink then went fishing with a friend and just got back at 3pm, only took a drink, not hungry and a very easy fast day so far :smile:
Also doing my regular Tuesday fast. It helps that it is so hot here in North Cyprus because I am more interested in liquid intake than food today!
Help someone!!

This is my third fast day and managed the first two fine.

Just been out, felt thirsty, went into cafe to have a coffee and had a DANISH PASTRY!
Anyone know how many calories that would be?
I've used about 200 cals on breakfast and lunch. Have I any left for supper? :shock:
Me too. Third fasting day to date and getting easier :) Even went for a brisk walk for forty minutes on an empty stomach and it wasn't too painful!

The thought of the tacos I will have for dinner tomorrow is a big help too ;)

Good job everyone, and good luck everyone fasting tomorrow!
Iam in today; my usual days are Monday and Thursday but I was away in the lake district(uk) for the bank holiday weekend so its Tuesdays and Thursday this week.
I went on a walking weekend but had too many cooked breakfasts, tea shops and pub meals over the weekend so put on 4Lbs :curse: ; hopefully I will lose over the next couple of weeks.
We had a great time :smile:
Just back from work which is the reason for the late post.
Its been going OK so far, plan to finish at breakfast tomorrow.
I hope its going well with everyone
Pammy wrote: Help someone!!

This is my third fast day and managed the first two fine.

Just been out, felt thirsty, went into cafe to have a coffee and had a DANISH PASTRY!
Anyone know how many calories that would be?
I've used about 200 cals on breakfast and lunch. Have I any left for supper? :shock:

ooooooooooooops ....

don't know that you'll have much left for supper, see how you feel, you might manage with minimal intake, mind over matter I say, after all, I managed a BBQ yesterday (a non fasting day) WITHOUT alcohol :like:
It's going well so far for me. Hardly felt hungry all day, was fully satisfied by a 40 calorie chicken noodle soup for lunch, and now looking forward to 490 calories worth of Maggi So Juicy garlic chicken with new potatoes and green beans for dinner.

Yeah, I'll end the day at 530 but I have a relatively high TDEE (around 2800, not kidding) so I'm thinking perhaps I should be on 600 for fast days anyway!
Feeling hungry now it is supper time which will be Teriyaki Chicken Noodles from the M&S fuller longer range. The day has gone reasonably well but I have been rumbling more than usual but coped with fairly frequent drinks. I hope all fasters have had a good day.
Going well here. About to go out for the evening, longish walk, and an activity, so I'll have had a good bit of excercise today.

I'm drinking less tea, and more water now on fast days, not sure why. I've still got a bad taste in my mouth, sort of like old leaves and twigs :confused: but its not as bad as it was.
Fast number 7 here. Going pretty well so far. I probably won't be doing two fasts this week as it's my birthday on Friday (when I usually fast), though I may attempt to have a reduced intake on Thursday, depending on how I feel... But probably 6:1 this week. Good luck all
Calorie King has Danish pastries between 141 and 266 calories, depending on filling and size.
Nearly there for my 5th Fast and into week 3.

Finding Porridge with a bit of Jam in the mornings is keeping me pang free until 4'ish (with a few coffee's and plenty of water)
Fast day for me today....already had a co-op chicken noodle salad for lunch (205 calories) and I am going to have some scrambled egg on toast for dinner (1 egg and two pieces of small bread)
Third fast for me today, after lots of food over the weekend (nice to realise one of many on here to overindulge :grin: )
Today has gone much more smoothly, with no embarrassing tummy rumbles, and not felt hungry once ... have had another graze box, plus one ryvita and slick of philly to top-up to 500cal.
First weigh in at weekend (after 2 weeks) so fingers crossed :lol:
69 posts Page 4 of 5