The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

41 posts Page 2 of 3
So, lunch just taken, and the 24hrs starts now. MFP says i've hit my protein level for the day on just 600 calories - so I should stay full til bed time. :)
I am doing a 24 hr/2pm to 2pm fast so I started yesterday and am finishing in 30 mins. This is my first time of trying this time slot and while it was fine last night - however I am finding I am counting down the minutes to 2pm despite having an oatso simple porridge sachet at 11am. I have previously done a full day which I found manageable.
Surviving second day in a row so far - felt a bit hungry at midday but water is seeing me through :)
Afternoon all.
I have a fast day today. Feeling really chilly so just had a cup a soup at 51 calories. Warmed me up and looking forward to my smoked haddock Kedgeree later this evening. Good luck all :)
Hi I'm a newbie only started yesterday having another fast day today , coped yesterday but did miss a hot cup of tea with milk and 1sugar ! But I did under 500 cals so I suppose could have had one with sweetener .? As I'm a night worker I hope I'm doing right can anyone tell me please , I work 12 hour shift I'm up at 12,30 usually eat breakfast /lunch at 3pm and then have our dinner at 1am is that my fast day timings ? I miss that skinny latte and choc bar at 8.30 any ideas what to have to keep me going till dinner as my job can be a bit physical , thank you for any help
@shazyone - Instead of soup I drink chicken bovril - 16 calories per cup :) so more cups of hot chicken goodness :)
Im also fasting today, had hot water with a slice of lemon first thing then nettle tea all morning, half a wholemeal bagel with Philly lite cream cheese and salad at 2pm and gonna be having 2 M&S filled mushrooms and veg stirfry for dinner later and that will be it until tomorrow. I always try and extend my fasting aswel so will probably have something to eat about 11.30 tomorrow morning.
Fasting Today. So far: Lots of water, one cup of tea (semi/s milk); one Pukka Vanilla Chai; half of M&S Chicken & Noodle soup with extra veg & thin strips of beef = approx. 150 max. Planning to cook baked cod or fish fingers with broccoli tonight & finish with another proper cuppa.
Arrrrggggh - caved in... Had a stock cube 'soup' at lunch and a sugar free jelly. Just couldn't last on water and coffee!!! I'm having a tea with milk at the moment to keep that hunger at bay. It's seems to be working x x x
@leejfraser Def doing that next time. Cheers!
2nd fast ever.....since 12.30 yesterday....trying to keep going for as long as possible this evening, but don't know how much longer I can last.....kids tea is smelling mighty tempting :(
Doing well today ever since my bout of high intensity interval training this morning. Was feeling really hungry before, since then I've been fine. Consumed so far: 2 cups black coffee, 2 herbal teas, 4 glasses water, 2 mugs vegetable stock.

Looking forward to dinner in a couple of hours!
I am! This is my first day of fasting. I'm hungry but ok. Just drinking a lot of tea and water. It's noon here, so I have a ways to go. I do have a greek yogurt and a bit of nuts in case of an emergency :)
Greetings fellow 'Tuesday fasters', I've decided to fast all day and enjoy 500 cals this evening. My first attempt at fasting last week included small breakfast and then small amount in the evening. To be honest I feel no more hungry having skipped breakfast than I did after eating it! I can't stick to regular fast days as I work different days each week and like to fast when I work .... no time to eat anyway! Longing for my veggie chilli ........... good luck all, Rachel
I'm having shakes instead of food today. Had two Atkins chocolate shakes @ 165cals each and lots of water, will have another one later. Feeling ok today, think I find it easier with shakes as it takes food out of the equation on fast days.
Can't wait for my pasta bake tomorrow! :)
41 posts Page 2 of 3