The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

41 posts Page 1 of 3
Who fasting today? Tues 5th Feb
05 Feb 2013, 07:47
So, I'm fasting today. Going to the doctor later to see if my blood pressure has gone down, so hopefully fasting will help ensure it is low!

Planning to eat nothing till this evening when I'll have some salmon and vegetables.

Hope it goes well for my fellow fasters!
Good luck,
I'm fasting today too.
Had tea around 6 last night, light breakfast (Shreddies) at 6 this morning and then nothing till tea tonight at around 6 again.
Me too! Think it's going to be hard today....
I am! I don't like the idea of having nothing till tea time, so I have a small glass of skimmed milk for breakfast, a tin of low cal soup for lunch then either a two egg veggie omlette or an M&S Fuller For Longer meal for tea.

Have a good day everyone.

PS
Good luck with your bp Caroline.
Fast day for me too today.
Having my first cup of tea now before I go and meet my friend for a black decaf....
Going to try and get a weight watchers meal for tonight as I'm out all day, and don't want to wait for dinner to cook.
I have some left over butternut squash soup left, so I might just have that with a slice of bread or some ryvita . The soup is very thick and filling and about 280 calories per serving.
Good luck everyone.
Lastchance try and think positive.
Every time you feel tempted have a nice soothing warm drink. I usually find that does the trick, or come on here, and read all the uplifting stuff.
One more step along the road to a healthy, longer life!
Good luck.
Me, too.

Unusually, don't have a plan for today. Will see how I go. Have a joint of lamb in the fridge that was supposed to have become a stew or something...might just roast it over some potatoes as OH is getting to the point he can stand sideways and disappear.
Hi all, good luck today!
I am back fasting after last week off-the break was unintentional I'm afraid.
I had 'flu and was feeling sorry for myself so both my attempted fasts ended in failure :?
Bit dissapointed as up to last week my 2 fasts a week felt quite easy and I was really looking forward to seeing some changes on the scales and the tape measure. Time to forget last week though I think, will try to be positive and complete today's fast with the ease of the weeks before.
Has anyone gone back to fasting after time off? Did you find the first fast difficult or was it a relief to get back to it? Would love to hear your experiences!
Me too! Just hot drinks throughout the day (counting the cals in the splash of milk for a cup of tea), then stuffed peppers and rice for dinner. I make sure to save enough calories for my after-dinner treat of 2 chocolate-covered almonds. Bon chance a tous!
Morning all!
I fasted yesterday but really wanted to throw in an extra fast day this week due to extreme indulgence for 3 days over the weekend and more lined up for this week (social lives eh, who wants 'em?!). So today's something of an extra fast day. In an ideal world I wouldn't do two days in a row, but that's how it's worked out.

Never done consecutive days before, hope it goes alright!

I haven't really got a dinner planned tonight as I would have been cooking for me and hubby if I hadn't decided to fast. Might just have a smaller portion of the planned dinner and not worry too much if it's nearer 600 :)
Hi All

I'm fasting today too. So far had 1 cup of tea with milk first think (I really cannot drink tea without milk). On my fourth black coffee and 700ml of water downed!!!

Going for no lunch and dinner only today. First time at work so I will see how I go. I can manage it at the weekend as I like the bigger dinner method, stops the rumbly tummy at bed time (as another member pointed out) and also I can follow dinner with tea and milk!

I do have emergency supplies with me incase I cannot last. Do not wish to pop to the canteen and buy chips!!! That would be bad, bad, bad :evil:

Good luck everyone and hope it goes well for you all....

K x x x
I will start fasting today, this is how mine works - will have 600 cals up to 2pm - then 24 hr fast til 2pm tomoz -and a further 600 cals between late lunch and dinner on Wednesday. Thursday lunchtime I'm endulging at a local noodle bar :) something to look forwward too.
good luck Carorees , I am fasting today , but am on antibiotics started yesterday , have a nasty ulcer on my leg have been told to rest up for a few days :( not sure about fasting with antibiotics ? and sitting around all day ? any advice ? had first week last week and kept busy , lost 2 lbs and 2 inches realy dont want to spoil it ?
I'm fasting today. It's my second week and I'm feeling pretty good. I had a late dinner (pasta) last night after a very energetic hour of kickboxing so I'm not feeling too hungry today. I've had coffee this morning and I'm going to have a small sushi snack box (150 cals) for lunch then chicken salad for dinner. I'm hoping to get into a good routine of Tuesday and Thursday fasting days. I'll have late dinners on Mondays and Wednesdays as I kickbox on those nights and tend to be hungry afterwards. Friday, Saturday and Sunday are my red wine days so there's no way I could fast then.
Bellalou wrote: Lastchance try and think positive.
Every time you feel tempted have a nice soothing warm drink. I usually find that does the trick, or come on here, and read all the uplifting stuff.
One more step along the road to a healthy, longer life!
Good luck.

Hi Bellalou,

Thanks for your thoughts! It's going better than I thought it might. I've been surviving on herbal tea, water and black coffee. Lunch is a diet coke. Only 5 hours till tea time.

BW.
41 posts Page 1 of 3