The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

37 posts Page 2 of 3
Good luck daveym. It's interesting to see how other people work it.

I'm hitting the peppermint tea like mad here to distract from rumbling tum!
I'm definitely finding that once I eat, the hunger is a lot less easy to manage. Although it's counter-intuitive, I'd say try to go as long as you can without eating, then eat a lovely, big dinner!

Happy repair day everyone :-)
Also fasting today (2nd) Just had coffee this morning and hopefully will just have hot water rest of the day, then dinner of salmon fillet, thin cut steak and salad. I say hopefully because I'm feeling cold and tired today, didn't have a good night.
Moogie, your dinner looks so comforting, it's making my mouth water. It's hard to believe we can eat a meal like that, and it's not cheating!
Tomorrow I might have a cookie!!!Saying that I might go for a fresh juice instead...
Hi, I just joined today and am on my first fasting day. I'm planning not to eat anything till teatime and just drinking lots of water and black tea. Got a cottage pie ready meal in for my tea that works out at 370 so will see how that goes. So far not finding it too bad though.
Just had my first bit of food of the day - a portion of porridge in a sachet. What a brilliant idea. I made mine with water and a drop of milk to cool it. Normally I'd add sugar but I thought - well, it's cold today and the Scots know a thing or two about that - so I added a pinch of salt. Now onto my seconf cuppa - (or mugga) - of the day. Normally by this time I'd have had about 4. I am drinking loads of water - hope everyone else is.
Hi all :-) Im on my third fast of the week and am at work. I feels more difficult today - probably because I don't like my job/workplace much at the moment and am used to snacking for comfort at work. Very much looking forward to. Glass or two of wine tomorrow :-)
Well, having had a cafitiere of coffee all to myself first thing this morning, a friend came round and I had another two cups. Feeling a bit weird now what with not having eaten anything! My friend brought her lunch with her luckily so I didn't need to look inhospitable by not offering her anything to eat with her coffee (or offering her lunch and then not having any myself) :lol:
I've just completed a 6.5k run 20hrs into a fast, felt grand. I really don't feel any difference between running on feast or fast days. I haven't felt hungry at all today either! Fingers crossed my efforts show up on the scales this week.
My 4th fast day today, very hungry this morning so had and apple and a yoghurt.Though feeling really rubbish as have got a cold overnight and headache so not really feeling that hungry, sweet potato for tea later though.
That's brilliant :)
My hairdresser is also a fitness instructor and teaches running, she's so in favour of little and often eating habits and insists that fasting can't be healthy and that there's no way she could do all her excerise (averages around 50 miles a week running and she leads 2 or 3 spinning classes a week) and fast too. I still think she could do it, and as she's had breast cancer in the past I would think she might have a bit of interest in it from the health point of view. Nevermind, we can't convert them all I guess ;) - though I have lent her my copy of the book, just in case!

Still only had water so far today, and have dusted and hoovered the house like a woman possessed this afternoon - must have burned a few cals! Now its getting a bit chilly and with a couple of hours until my yummy low cal roast dinner I think I shall go make myself a hot choc to warm me up and tide me over.
If she is doing that much exercise she probably wouldn't be able to fast, unless she made sure she consumed enough calories to maintain energy balance during feast days. I'm only doing 15-20 miles and aim to lose weight.
Oooh, time to go make dinner! Yay!
Enjoy, Moogie!
Second day of fasting. Seems to have been OK. Still lots of energy and managed to work without ill-effects. I noticed I walked home with my son super fast which I don't normally.

I have a feeling I will be peckish later. Is it OK to have the next day's breakfast at one minute past midnight?

Joking of course ...

Or am I?
37 posts Page 2 of 3