The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

37 posts Page 1 of 3
Fasting today - Thurs 17th Jan
17 Jan 2013, 07:07
Here I go again :) I've had my cup of tea, gloriously skinny butternut squash soup is packed for lunch and Asda low cal cottage pie with carrot and sweet potato mash for dinner.. The day is sorted.
Good luck everyone else fasting today. ;)
Re: Fasting today
17 Jan 2013, 08:16
I'm on my 4th fasting day today. I've gone straight in on 24hrs without any calories, and have to say it is feeling quite easy for me. Lost 1kg in my first week which seems to be the average. If i can continue with 1kg loss every week I'll be a happy bunny!
Good luck for anyone fasting today too x
Fasting today...had a cup of redbush tea for breakfast, now having coffee but no cake! Lunch is vegetable stock (5 cals). Not sure about dinner...we are low on food so will have to go shopping while my son is at football training...if it's on though, as snow forecast. If not I'll have to scratch around for something!

Feeling cold but I think that's the weather not the fasting!
I'm fasting today. Cup of tea for breakfast. Nothing else until dinner, which is soup. Got a 6k run planned for later but is dependant on weather.

Still not seen any weight loss so got high hopes for today.
Good luck everyone! Me too today. Cup of tea so far. I have bought some sachets of Oatsosimple - might have one later for brunch then brave a minus 4 degrees walk to the sports centre for a swim. Then again, I might just stay tucked up under the duvet with a good book.
Hi

Fasting today Thursday 17th January. All systems go and 2 x 250 cal meals waiting in the fridge. LOL, all I can think about. I'm going to keep busy and not think of food.
Repair day today with my coffee and 150ml of skimmed milk aside till hopefully tonight to try my son's stir fry he's gonna make at school. Have a lovely repair day :)
Me too. My 5th fasting day of the year and this time I have decided to try and get to 6pm before eating dinner.
I have found that my hunger is quite low to moderate until I eat and then it rises.
Stocked up on peppermint and liquorice tea.
Weigh in tomorrow should keep me motivated.

Good Luck fellow fasters.
Pashcaline - I love your word "Repairday". Very motivating and positive rather than the dismal "fast day".
Hi Everyone

I'm fasting today too, my second time.

Not quite so up for it today, maybe because it's so cold and dark here in Edinburgh :( This must surely be easier in the spring and summer?

Some great tips here. Moogie, I love the sound of your dinner and will have to have that some time in future - sounds great on any day. This morning I had a light breakfast of banana and wholemeal toast (no butter) with coffee (no milk). Tonight I think I'm having sliced chicken breast bunged in the slow cooker with a bag of M&S casserole veg and a couple of small potatoes, water and a chicken Oxo (shared with my husband who's also fasting). Not that inspiring but easy and quite comforting.

Good luck everyone.
Jo
Sounds like a lovely dinner to me Jo! I like trying to have dinners which are 'normal' for me, they look the same, taste the same and are about the same size, but lower cal. Doesn't feel like a different kind of day at all then, and I really enjoy the going without all day oddly enough.

It must be nice having your husband doing this alongside you :) Mine usually has a pizza or burger or something easy like that when I'm fasting. He thinks it's a treat. Actually, it always smells good, but I seldom eat that sort of thing these days and if I do I feel like I've had no nutrition out of it at all!
Moogie, yes it's easier doing this with my husband on board. I thought he might flake on the first day as he is usually nearly fainting with hunger at lunch time and often wants to have a nap in the afternoon, having slumped. Weirdly, he was much better not eating all day - go figure!

He only has about 7 pounds to lose so I don't think he'll be doing two fasts a week longterm. I need to lose more like 20 - 28 so it's going to take a while.

I notice you've lost loads! I bet you feel better.

Where are you in Dorset? I just moved up to Edinburgh from Poole a couple of years ago.
I do feel much better :) I can't believe how much weight I piled on in just the space of a year. I stoppped weighing and just decided to 'enjoy myself', which was a really bad idea. Thankfully with 5:2 I've shifted all that weight in less time than it took to gain it, which I find amazing. Now I'm trying to head back down to the weight I was some 5 years ago - another stone will do to get me back into a size 10-12 I think :)

I'm in Weymouth, but love to go shopping in Poole - the Dolphin Centre is so much better than Weymouth town centre, and you stay dry ;) Millies Cookies is always a treat too - I get a big box for my hubby (who is one of those annoying people that can eat anything he likes and not gain weight - I bet he's really fat inside though!) and just have a little try of each one!

How are you finding it in Scotland? It's somewhere we've always meant to visit for a spot of fishing!
I must stop looking at this forum and get some work done :D but a quick reply!

Yes, I well remember the Dolphin Centre and frequented Millies Cookies many a time (for the kids you understand! :lol: )

I love Edinburgh. Of course, it's very different from Poole and I do miss certain things like the weather and the beach. Mind you, the weather seems to have gone mad during the last few years, hasn't it? I was down last July and it was so dark, cold and rainy it was worse than Scotland! All my old neighbours and friends were in shock, saying it had rained every day for three months!

I'm encouraged by your weight loss. I joined Weight Watchers a year and a half ago and shifted two stone (I had three to lose) but I've put on half a stone now and I can't be doing with the whole points thing any more. I also got tired of trying really hard Mon-Thurs and then blowing it at the weekend. I was going nowhere fast! I hope this new approach will suit me better.

Thanks for creating this forum. It's really helpful.
Fasting today also. I try and have 2 meals of 300 calories. First one at around 11am and the second as late as possible in the day, as I find going to bed hungry keeps me awake.

2nd week in and finding it ok =)
37 posts Page 1 of 3