The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

38 posts Page 2 of 3
Re: Fasting Weds 13th Feb
13 Feb 2013, 11:19
I'm doing this too but with veggie curry. I think I need more food today than usual and defo some veg! No pancakes though as was on my own and didn't fancy them. Had a chickpea tagine instead!
13 Feb 2013, 12:27
Hubby and I are fasting today as well. We have the lovely butternut squash, kale and leek risotto leftover from Monday night. He uses his extra 100 calories to make a green and fruit smoothie with our new nutri bullet. He's pretty excited about it, but yesterday I wasn't about to waste feed day calories on something so healthy! ;-)

I wanted to plan a valentine's feast for tomorrow, but I'm not sure that's a smart thing to do on fast day, so I'll probably just wing it and see what the butcher has in stock.

There you go, thinking about raw meat will put me off food for a bit! I don't like handling the stuff
13 Feb 2013, 13:09
Yep, I'm fasting too. This is my second day fasting and it feels so much easier than the first. I prepared my evening meal yesterday, chunky chicken and veg soup, so if I feel overpowered by hunger I know it's there. My little safety net!
13 Feb 2013, 13:12
I'm another one moving the usual Thursday fast to Wednesday because of Valentine's meal with husband tomorrow - must confess I absolutely stuffed myself with pancakes last night 'cause I was nervous about only having one feed day inbetween fasts. Suffered for it last night but am feeling fine (and un-hungry) today - hopefully this will continue.
13 Feb 2013, 13:34
Fasting today and so far just had a cup of licorice tea and a large black coffee. I will eat egg on toast later this afternoon then soup this evening. This is my standard fast day pattern and suits me well.

For anyone fed up about not losing weight quickly...I have been fasting since early September. I have worked out that I average 2 pounds loss each month. This includes Christmas and I have not watched what I eat on feed days. The weight soon adds up and I am approaching a stone lost without much 'pain'.

I am in this for the long term health benefits but it is worth sticking with it. I now feel better than I have done in over ten years.
13 Feb 2013, 14:00
Aalso on 2nd week, did Thursday last night but travelling tomorrow so fasting today, am also dissatisfied with weight loss compared to Atkins but will see how it goes - probably got about 4 stone to lose (aarrgh!)
13 Feb 2013, 14:01
Also swapping to Wednesday this week. 8th fast and I'm drinking more water today as I hadn't realised you were supposed to until I browsed the forums. I have been drinking less than normal on fast days as I don't seem to get thirsty, so I will see if this makes any difference to my weight loss :? .
13 Feb 2013, 14:04
JuW wrote: Yes, fasting today. I usually do Mondays and Wednesdays even though they coincide with the two Zumba classes I do each week - those days just work best for me. This is my 8th fast and I don't find exercising to be a problem on fast days.

I too am not bothered by Valentine's day by the way !!

Wow, JuW, that is great. I tried 2 days in Jan and really want to try again. Have you had a weight loss over the 4 weeks?
13 Feb 2013, 14:09
I've just posted about why the scales might show a weight increase despite following the 'rules'. If you are worried about what your scales are showing, please do read it. linky
13 Feb 2013, 14:11
ridingwood wrote: Aalso on 2nd week, did Thursday last night but travelling tomorrow so fasting today, am also dissatisfied with weight loss compared to Atkins but will see how it goes - probably got about 4 stone to lose (aarrgh!)

Did you lose it quickly then on Atkins? Did it stay off?

I'm looking for a sustainable loss as didn't want to repeat yoyo'ing so I'm very happy with a slow loss, particularly as it's only really for health reasons in my case as I'm actually a very happy chubby camper. :D
13 Feb 2013, 14:19
I am fluctuating around about the same weight as when I started (give or take a pound or two) which can be a bit disheartening BUT I have lost about 1" from my waist (this measurement fluctuates a little too) and my jeans definitely feel looser so I am sticking with it.

missmoneypenny wrote:
JuW wrote: Yes, fasting today. I usually do Mondays and Wednesdays even though they coincide with the two Zumba classes I do each week - those days just work best for me. This is my 8th fast and I don't find exercising to be a problem on fast days.

I too am not bothered by Valentine's day by the way !!

Wow, JuW, that is great. I tried 2 days in Jan and really want to try again. Have you had a weight loss over the 4 weeks?
13 Feb 2013, 14:38
Hi everyone

I am fasting today due to the large amount of pancakes consumed yesterday and also I need to get my fasts in early this week due to a busy weekend ahead.

Good luck everyone...
13 Feb 2013, 15:15
Fasting today, although feeling a bit tired, still motivated but keep thinking about the yoghurt that is in the fridge, at work though which helps because if i eat it, all the girls will know! So i shall keep going!
13 Feb 2013, 16:52
Well Wednesday is my normal fasting day so I started off as planned - no food until evening. However attending a training course today, I didnt realised they were providing a hot lunch and to make it worse, as the training session came to an end the food was being delivered into the room :o ..So the last 30 minutes of the session left me salivating as the waft of freshly cooked food hovered around me. Unfortunately that broke me and I decided to join the queue of hungry attendees. I had couscous, some kind of chicken chasseur and some salad. Because its Valentines Day tomorrow I will be indulging in drink and food and Friday is a no - go fasting day for me. Soo.... On reflection I think I may be under 600 calories anyhow so if I can battle on through the evening without food I may have still completed my fasting day....I think... :?:
13 Feb 2013, 17:31
I'm fasting today as it is my normal low cal day. Was doing quite well until just now when I felt really hungry. I have had some cottage cheese and I having soup now so not too bad provided I can leave it at that ;)
38 posts Page 2 of 3