The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

38 posts Page 1 of 3
Fasting Weds 13th Feb
13 Feb 2013, 07:23
Pre-Valentine's day fast anyone?
Re: Fasting Weds 13th Feb
13 Feb 2013, 07:27
Yes...not looking forward to it as I did one Monday and didn't eat a lot yesterday. Already hungry but away for a long weekend Thursday - Sun so feel the need to do a fast beforehand. Good luck to everyone!
13 Feb 2013, 07:40
Me too today. Wasn't hungry yesterday so will probably struggle today.
13 Feb 2013, 08:21
Not sure what the day has in store today so am going to fast unless something comes up. Kids are on half term and we might be going out for lunch so it may have to be abandoned. Trying to too fuss too much about it, if I can only do one fast day this week it's not the end of the world. Back to normal next week.
13 Feb 2013, 09:09
Couldn't give a toss about Valentine's day but I am fasting today. :-) I have chosen Monday/Wednesday as my fast days as they suit me best. Looking forward to a weekend where I can have a few guilt-free treats... Monday was my first fast and I was shocked at how easy it was. I hope the same for today. Plenty of water will be consumed and should the pangs come I will just try to see them as a good sign that I am burning fat. Hope everyone's day goes well. :-)
13 Feb 2013, 09:33
Yes, fasting today. I usually do Mondays and Wednesdays even though they coincide with the two Zumba classes I do each week - those days just work best for me. This is my 8th fast and I don't find exercising to be a problem on fast days.

I too am not bothered by Valentine's day by the way !!
13 Feb 2013, 10:04
Yes, me too!
Ate too many sweet things (pancakes!) yesterday, quite glad of the chance to fast today. Good luck all :)
13 Feb 2013, 10:09
Hi All

Have been following this plan (total of 5 fast days so far), but am disappointed with weight loss so far (a bare 1lb). Anyone else not having a raging success?
13 Feb 2013, 10:17
This is my second fast day today :) was planning for it to be tomorrow but other half wants a big meal for tea lol so doing it today while I'm at work n cinema tonight so fingers crossed! But today has been so much easier not sure why but I had pancakes for tea yesterday at about half 6 n I haven't ate since I'm not hungry but my belly is making funny noises! Looking forward to salad at dinner n soup for tea :)
13 Feb 2013, 10:20
I fast more than most and haven't averaged a pound a week.

The other way to look at it though is my skin isn't sagging, which I could have been in danger of and I'd much prefer it this way.
13 Feb 2013, 10:47
@Hellsbells: Do you have much weight to lose? What's your current BMI range? How do you split your fasting cals? Are you very active? A bit more info would be helpful for us to trouble shoot for you :) Also try measuring your waist, you may be losing inches!

Like Caroline, I'm doing a pre valentines day fast, I'd normally do Thursdays. Tomorrow we're out to dinner with friends so I thought I'd do my 2nd fast today. I guess that means I should weigh in tomorrow instead of Friday, as usually I'd weigh after my 2nd fast of the week - and I don't expect Friday will look too good on the scales after dinner out, dessert & wine!

Feeling a bit like I didn't have much nutrition yesterday - wasn't very hungry in the day (often the case after a fast day) so had a couple of hot cross buns and a banana in the day (oh and a creme egg, oops!) and then two (quite thick) pancakes for dinner. Tonight I want lots and lots of veg.

It's that time of the month but I actually think I might lose some weight this week.
13 Feb 2013, 10:48
Hellsbells wrote: Hi All

Have been following this plan (total of 5 fast days so far), but am disappointed with weight loss so far (a bare 1lb). Anyone else not having a raging success?

Hi there. I am only starting out on this so can't give you any info on my weight-loss yet but just wanted to ask about your 'feed days'. Is it possible that you are overeating on any of those days? I know we are told we can eat 'normally' on feed days but I intend to still be very vigilant as 'normal' for people who are overweight is often far too much.. Well done on the pound down, you are doing something right. Oh and don't forget to keep an eye on measurements. They may be getting smaller while the scale doesn't budge. ;)
13 Feb 2013, 10:56
Pre-Valentine's fast for me :)
13 Feb 2013, 10:57
I'm fasting today too. Usually do Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday but am doing Monday, Wednesday and Saturday this week as husband wanted crepes yesterday for Mardi Gras. Doing the food shopping today as the forecast is better than later in the week, so all routines disrupted! Looking forward to crispy chicken, salad and a few red potatoes for dinner.
13 Feb 2013, 11:01
I'm fasting today instead of tomorrow, so I can make a nice dinner for V day :)

Had way too much yesterday - pancakes!!

Maybe because too many cals, and not that good nutrition I am feeling much hungrier than normal today - so just knocking up a batch of veggie soup. Will have a bowl for lunch, and maybe a bowl late afternoon, because dinner will be late tonight.

Good luck today everyone xx
38 posts Page 1 of 3