The FastDay Forum

Fasting today?

Every day there will be a new topic in this forum for today's fasters to chat & support each other.
Please don't make extra threads in here besides the daily fasting threads, if you've got a question please post it in the relevant forum or ask in today's 'Fasting Today' thread, thank you.

38 posts Page 3 of 3
Re: Fasting Weds 13th Feb
13 Feb 2013, 17:42
twicky wrote: Well Wednesday is my normal fasting day so I started off as planned - no food until evening. However attending a training course today, I didnt realised they were providing a hot lunch and to make it worse, as the training session came to an end the food was being delivered into the room :o ..So the last 30 minutes of the session left me salivating as the waft of freshly cooked food hovered around me. Unfortunately that broke me and I decided to join the queue of hungry attendees. I had couscous, some kind of chicken chasseur and some salad. Because its Valentines Day tomorrow I will be indulging in drink and food and Friday is a no - go fasting day for me. Soo.... On reflection I think I may be under 600 calories anyhow so if I can battle on through the evening without food I may have still completed my fasting day....I think... :?:

Don't worry about it - if you struggle tonight and really have to give in, there's always next week :)
13 Feb 2013, 17:46
Twicky...look on it as an interesting experiment! You might find you prefer just having lunch! The people in the studies by Krista Varady on ADF had all their calories at lunch. It does represent the mid-point of the fast so on some levels makes a lot of sense. Report back!
13 Feb 2013, 18:37
Don't beat yourself up too much. Do the best you can today. If you end up giving in tonight, maybe just try to compromise and skip a meal some other time this week.
13 Feb 2013, 20:17
Grrrr!! I've eaten about 550 calories today :o But I can thoroughly recommend M&S fuller for longer meals, I don't normally buy ready meals but thought that it would be an easier way to calorie count - the keralan chicken curry is delish and only 320 cals, yummy!
13 Feb 2013, 20:36
Yes, that is a nice one - forgotten how low the calories are for some of them. I had a mini ready meal (a small cottage pie) from Morrisons today and that was only 235 cals so made a good lunch.

I am feeling a bit hungry today though so roll on Thursday! ;)
13 Feb 2013, 20:42
I was feeling a bit hungry, so I popped on the scale because I couldn't remember the last time I had weighed myself. I'm down another 0.6 kilo - which is a pace I'm very happy with. So it's 2.6 kilos down since 8th Jan. I generally weigh myself on a fast day, rather than the morning after a fast day, to stay consistent.

So yay, now I'll have a big cup of broth to fend off that growly tummy until dinner in 3 hours.

I must say, that only 1 day between fasts makes me hungrier on the 2nd fast day. If I have two feed days between fast days, it seems much easier.
13 Feb 2013, 20:57
carorees wrote: Twicky...look on it as an interesting experiment! You might find you prefer just having lunch! The people in the studies by Krista Varady on ADF had all their calories at lunch. It does represent the mid-point of the fast so on some levels makes a lot of sense. Report back!

Sadly I succumbed to something at teatime.. Not sure if the fact that all the family were eating caused me to conceed to my hunger. Maybe it's the fact that I normally fast in solitude at work and have my main meal when the rest of the clan do?

Oh well - Gonna have to fast on Friday now..Grrrrr...
13 Feb 2013, 23:21
awww, sorry about that. What if you just fasted until dinner, and then ate normally?

Oddly enough, I sad down to my dinner, and I couldn't finish it. I was full. I set it aside to finish later if I get hungry before bed.
38 posts Page 3 of 3