The FastDay Forum

Fasting Windows

48 posts Page 2 of 4
Re: Thoughts on 16/8 please
30 May 2013, 12:56
I am wondering the same thing. I've been getting headaches on my fast days and wonder if I could lose weight doing only 16/8. Trying to fast today after taking a couple weeks off.
30 May 2013, 13:18
You can do whatever you choose, that's what I love. Personally, I do 16/8 every day with unrestricted calories as I am no longer trying to lose weight but want to have any long term health benefits. You would have to 'try it and see' if it helps headaches.

Ballerina x :heart:
30 May 2013, 13:27
Sarahg wrote: ... I am still a bit confused. do people still do the 2days on 500 cals and then on non fast days eat in 8 hour window or can I just do 16/8 every day

On fasting days, I always ate my 500 cal as late as possible. I used to have a snack around 4pm and a light dinner.

When I started 18/6 a couple of weeks ago, I carried on the same way for the fasting days, and on the other days I just skip breakfast altogether, eat a light lunch around noon and a normal dinner in the evening.
30 May 2013, 13:33
Keihira, since moving to 16/8 plus 5/2, has your weight loss accelerated?
30 May 2013, 13:43
Thanks, Keihira
Sounds like that it was I am going to do
I have been finding I manage the fast days ,quite enjoy them but just didnt know how to eat on nonfast days.so I will try what you suggest.thanks
Ballerina ,you have given me lots to think about.
30 May 2013, 13:49
mummybunny2005 wrote: Keihira, since moving to 16/8 plus 5/2, has your weight loss accelerated?

After a change in blood pressure medication, from diuretic to non-diuretic, my weight had increased by 2 lbs and I got stuck there for a month, recycling the same lbs and not actually losing any weight.
The move to 16/8 kick-started the weight-loss again. I lost 3 lbs in the first week and another lb this week.

Before 18/6, I would lose around ½lb a week.
Now on 16/8 for only two weeks, it is too early for me to assess. :smile:
30 May 2013, 16:30
Hi Sarahg,

I hope you are more happy about how you are going to do this, now that you have had a bit of input from others, thanks girls, I am constantly amazed at the number of people who are giving this slightly alternate route a go but, it seems to work. :like:

Good luck with it and keep us informed of your progress, :clover:

31 May 2013, 00:13
Thanks all for such great input
I was reading about 16/8 last night
Think I will give it a go .at least skipping breakfast.i find if a eat breakfast I get so hungry that I end up eating a huge lunch and snacking all afternoon so lets see how I go eating only from later afternoon to after dinner
31 May 2013, 08:05
I think that is how most of us end up on 16/8 as breakfast just seems to kick start the hunger switch for the day so the later you put it off, the easier it is to survive the day on 500 calories, good luck :heart:

31 May 2013, 10:07
Thanks ballerina
Just read your story,so inspiring
I don't weigh myself as I fear that if I have not last weight I will be miserable.i feel thinner and have last a few cm
Today I skipped breakfast and felt fantastic .ate a small lunch and will enjoy dinner and even some chocolate as its not a fast day .will do the same tomorrow ,going out for dinner.
It's amazing how well I coped without breakfast.i didn't feel hungry and had lots of energy despite three fasts this week
31 May 2013, 10:36
I do Sarahg, I started doing 5:2 in April this year and lost 3 kg. then I read Ballerina and others talking about 16:8 and it sounded great to me. So I thought I would give it a go. I still had a little weight I wanted to lose so I decided to do 5:2 and 16:8.
Every day I skip breakfast and have lunch at about 12. Then I have a small snack in the afternoon and a normal dinner at night. I make sure I'm finished eating by 8pm. 8 hr eating window.
Then on Tuesdays and Thursdays I do 5:2.
I have continued to lose weight at a steady pace and I am finding the WOE to be easy. I have always loved food and still do but I am finding I cannot eat as much as I used to. I think this is the best thing and I am so glad I have discovered this way of eating. good luck and I hope you find your rhythm. :clover:
06 Jun 2013, 17:47
I love doing 16/8. I won't ever stop! I am losing slowly, but I'll take it. And I'm even more concerned with the health benefits over weight loss.

For anyone interested, in my last post I mentioned a new book coming out in three weeks I'm very excited about titled The Mini Fast Diet by Dr. Julian Whitaker. I have an account with amazon U.S., and they are very generous with letting us look through much of the book. It's very similar to 16/8 fasting (I think he recommends 12 hour fasting instead of 16...not totally sure), but the book looks just wonderful. That book is mine!

I admit I love this way of fasting because I don't have to count anything, and it's working for me.
06 Jun 2013, 20:40
Hi :-)

Im new to the 5:2 diet and just fasting in general and after 1 week 2 days I have lost 1lb however today I have been reading a few posts about the 16:8 and it sounds good also.

If you combine 5:2 and 16:8 do you have to do 16:8 every other day when not fasting or can you add one or two 16:8 days into your week and have a mixture of fast days,16:8 days and regular days??
What do people recommend...Or is it a case of trying to see what works for you and fits in with your lifestyle (Im a support worker and work 13/14 hour shifts so I tend to do fast days on my days off)

Help would be greatly appreciated as now confused as which to do lol

Thanks
Karen
06 Jun 2013, 20:49
Opps forgot to say,as mentioned I am a support worker and work long days and have about 4 days off a week so I normally do my 2 fast days then (which have been great so far) I normally dont wake up till after 8am on days off anyway and then would normally just have brunch so I think in a way I have been doing 16:8 on these days off without thinking and not realising that it was actually a diet :smile:

Hence why I was asking if it was ok to have a mixture of fast days (500 cals on 2 days off) a few 16:8 days (on my other days off) and regular eating days (days Im working)

Help greatly appreciated :like:

Karen
24 Jun 2013, 11:26
I think its a case of finding your own pattern which works for you. I do 5:2 on Mondays and Thursdays and the rest of the time I do 16/8. The first week I incorporated 16/8 I noticed a great weight loss but now I appear to have gained even after being good but I suspect thats down to not drinking enough water. My tummy is bloated today and I have some kinda tummy upset (if you get what I mean) so I reckon its linked to the weight gain. Hasnt put me off tho. The only thing I might change is what I eat to break my fast on a 16/8 day as I usually have fruit or a sandwich if I'm at work. Will try a boiled egg and see how it goes.
48 posts Page 2 of 4