The FastDay Forum

Fasting Windows

48 posts Page 3 of 4
Re: Thoughts on 16/8 please
24 Jun 2013, 11:39
I tried 16:8ing after being stuck losing only ounces for a couple of weeks & it seemed to kick start my weight loss again & I lost 1lb last week which is good for me as I lose weight slowly. My eating pattern was fast on Monday & Friday, 16:8 on Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday & have anything I want to eat over the weekend. Averaged over the week my calories stay below my TDEE so it seems very manageable.
24 Jun 2013, 11:41
Keihira
It's good to hear your weight loss has restarted :smile:
24 Jun 2013, 13:23
I have a stupid question.

I zm thinking of doing 2 fast days, 2 16:8 and 3 "normal" days during the weekend. The thing is I love breakfast, I don't take it during fast days but I really miss it.

My question is this one, does it have the same effect if the window is from 7:00AM to 3:00PM for example ?
24 Jun 2013, 13:48
Your eating window can be any time. The only reason I wouldn't personally do 7am to 3pm is because it would feel like a long time before bedtime without food. But that's just me.

I love breakfast too and either wait until the weekend to enjoy it or eat my breakfast foods at lunchtime.
24 Jun 2013, 15:28
I am crazy enough to eat breakfast for dinner.... :bugeyes:

I just find easier to skip dinner - which happens from time to time - than breakfast. I mean I love my oats pancake with my caramel on it and my yogourt all that with my strong black coffee and I honestly don't know what to eat for dinner so I often eat cereals for dinner....
10 Aug 2013, 16:17
I tend to do 16:8 most days whether fasting or not. I find after a fast I really am not hungry until lunchtime the next day. If you can save a few more cals go for it I say :grin:
10 Aug 2013, 22:22
Manderley can I pop over for breakfast some time. Caramel is a temptation crave for me
11 Aug 2013, 07:51
Hi Manderley, as Bssh says your window can be any time you decide and like her I also could not last from say, 3pm til bedtime without food but not eating from getting up til 3pm is absolutely no problem for me. It's all horses for courses, just do what suits your body and lifestyle and good luck :like:

Ballerina x :heart:
11 Aug 2013, 13:43
I am very interested in this 16:8, because I want to try this when I come back for my holiday.. :cool: .. still need more 4-5 kilo to loose...and then maintenance..

I am wondering - If I for ex. do the 8 hours window from 11 am - 7 pm - Monday till Friday... can I change for the weekend - or even not doing in in the weekends so it will only be weekdays ..or do I have to do it all 7 days? My plan is, I will still have 2 days of fasting until I reach my goal anyway..

Hope you understand my question :smile:

Pia :heart:
11 Aug 2013, 17:08
Hi Pia,

This is the beauty of everything on here, YOU do what suits YOU! If that's 5:2, 4:3, ADF, 16,8 or any combination of the aforesaid then it's fine, it all mixes and matches beautifully and the trick is to experiment until you find the combination that suits you, your personality and your lifestyle, so, just go for it and let us know how it goes, :like:

Ballerina x :heart:
11 Aug 2013, 20:03
Thanks a lot Ballerina - I will figure out what is best for me and my body - when I come home from Holiday :like: :cool:

Pia :heart:
11 Aug 2013, 20:16
Hi Pia, that's exactly what I do. Have a look at Ballerinas other thread about 5:2 and 16:8 (it's on the home page, at the bottom on the right) you will see that there are many people doing it this way. I sometimes do 16:8 at weekends, sometimes not, often depending on how long my weekend lie in lasts :smile:
12 Aug 2013, 01:38
I fast with 5:2 on Mondays and Thursdays - with one meal for dinner. I have drifted naturally into 16:8 on most other days, simply because I'm not much of a breakfast person. Mornings pass very quickly for me due to my work schedule. Before I know it, it's past noon. I have to say that the two fast days have reset my hunger switch and help make the intervals between meals so much more tolerable. Good luck!
12 Aug 2013, 02:03
I've been lurking on the 16:8 threads for a while now and have decided to try it properly this week.
I'm a bit stuck on the 10kg loss at the moment so I'll see if doing my Mon and Fri 450 cal fasts, and at least 3 16:8 days helps. I have about another 8 kg to lose, and not too worried about a time frame.
It's all so interesting being able to experiment with what suits each individual, and there is rarely any "wrong", just what is best for you!
Thanks again Ballerina for your info and example! :heart:
12 Aug 2013, 08:48
I usually eat anytime between noon and 8pm but my husband really enjoys Sunday brunch and sometimes I join him, so I adjust my eating window accordingly that day,the starting time being whatever time we sit down to eat. The following day if I'm hungry I just snack on a few almonds/walnuts and sunflower seeds until I have my usual salad for lunch.
48 posts Page 3 of 4