The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 65 of 96
Previous 1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
01 Jul 2014, 21:02
alexsid wrote: Thank you Sue. Very helpful and prompt as usual.

Xx

Lol @alexsid Would have been quicker if my long
(slow typing) reply hadn't have been eaten
and needed redoing. :lol: :lol:
02 Jul 2014, 11:01
Having a 16:8 without low carb this week while back on r&r. I don't know whether it has done anything for me, but I shall persist with low carb, trying to cut down my sugars to just natural fruits such as berries and milk.
I think I do feel slightly better on it but time will tell!
02 Jul 2014, 11:58
Was wondering how you were Deb@Debss. Keep missing you on Hangouts.
02 Jul 2014, 12:06
Still around, just been a bit disenchanted recently as nowt is working currently.
02 Jul 2014, 12:30
Debs wrote: Still around, just been a bit disenchanted recently as nowt is working currently.

@Debs You just said it on the previous post you're feeling much better, build on that feeling lowering my carb intake does give me that exact feelgood factor,
I'm on a real high today for whatever reason
good job I'm on my own most of the day because I think I'd drive anyone totally nuts today.
:clover: Good luck Deb and try not to get to down. :clover:
03 Jul 2014, 12:13
Just thought I'd share my Butterbean and chorizo pate that I've just made.

125g butterbeans, drained
10g finely diced chorizo (a couple of thinnish chunks off a whole Aldi chorizo)
juice half lemon
Hellmans extra light mayo, 1 tbsp. (you could use the proper stuff, which will up your fats, but I chose not to)
Tsp Dijon mustard
Lashings chopped fresh mint
20g diced onion

180 cals, 20g carbs and 6g fibre, according to MFP.

Mash the beans with a fork, add and mix in other ingredients. Season to taste. I didn't have anything else with it! It was delish!
03 Jul 2014, 12:35
Thanks for the recipe @PennyForthem
I just read what you'd eaten thinking that sounded very nice, hardly dare to ask for recipes from you in case they are your coveted "copyright" ones lol :lol: :shock:
Only need butterbeans on tomorrow's shopping list to make that one over the weekend. :like: :clover: :heart:
03 Jul 2014, 13:16
LOL! @sue.q no, there are certain recipes which won't appear here. made this one up as I went along, though, so no issues there!
03 Jul 2014, 15:30
Hi low carbers all.

I got pink wee today (fasted yesterday but didn't feel like anything so just had coffee and cream a few times and loads of water). Last night, didn't sleep well and felt awful today. Woke up with headache, bloated, thick head (no alcohol involved) and tummy ache all day. Feast day and still no carbs (but caved in to some chocolate about 1 hour ago). Is it normal to feel grim with ketosis??

Alex x x
03 Jul 2014, 16:52
@Alexsid
Did you only have coffee with cream yesterday then? That's not enough if you did.
The headache is common for me when I'm burning fat, get a pill down you. No points for suffering. :heart:
Bloating and tummy ache- haven't got a clue. TOTM.? I don't get that anymore, got it all chopped out at Xmas. Lol.

Ooh just re read it, that was your fast day, still not very much for your tum to do. See how you get on after a few days and watch those scales. Your body will adjust, maybe a salt drink here and there, miso, oxo, boullion. I'm chomping on celery at the moment trying to hold out till dinner. Not a fast day but food shop coming tomorrow and we've not much low carb food on the house. If I have a creamy coffee now I may not sleep well tonight. Ah, did you over do the coffee I wonder?

Many thoughts and questions for you to ponder there.
03 Jul 2014, 17:12
Thank you Carrie. You're right, too much coffee but no TOTM, just finished. Maybe the cream (and I made bullet proof) was a bit too rich as well. I will continue to go without carbs as I'm finding this easy but maybe not so much fat.

Thank you Carrie. Great support, I was on the brink of despair as overnight I went from 11st 12.2 up to 12st 3.2 this morning. I know fluid is a big part because of the bloating, especially around my abdomen.

Again, thank you, just having some help has helped to re-focus me.

Alex x x
03 Jul 2014, 17:51
Seems you are a daily weigher, Alex. We fluctuate quite a lot, don't we?
03 Jul 2014, 17:57
I am a daily weigher (habit now after years of doing it). Thanks for that Penny.

Xx
04 Jul 2014, 12:39
I have made myself a dal for dinner tonight and am having it with a dry cauliflower curry. It's a Rick Stein recipe and I can't find it online, but there are others available. This one is cauliflower, onions, garlic, chillies, ginger, tamarind water, cumin seeds, nigella, turmeric and white and black mustard seeds. Oh, and I threw in a few Fenugreek seeds, too. It's rather scrummy!
07 Jul 2014, 23:02
Hi there, me again looking for guidance.

I'm eating no carbs at all except veg and rarely eat any sugar. I've been looking at Dr Diet and Low carb high fat info.

On fast days I'm sticking to 500 cals. On feast days eati g proteins (though not too much) with veg or salad and having butter and double cream and nuts (whole nuts, not coated).

Am I sort of on the right track? I get pink/purple wee when I test it but I thought being low carb would help with fluid retention but sometimes I feel uncomfortable especially around my abdomen. Not TOTM. Not constipation. I also only drink water and coffee.

Not noticing much shift in weight or circumference around my waist.

Any info/ advice please?

?? Carrieoats, Sue.Q. Penny for them???

Thanks, Alex
Previous 1 ... 62, 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 65 of 96