The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 66 of 96
Previous 1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
08 Jul 2014, 06:29
You've done very well and looks like your food choices represent a massive gain in knowledge and control.
One clue is, have you a reduced appetite yet? Do you often eat as you know you should, unlike before when you may have had it anyway. Some may say this is wrong. But for me it means I've cracked it. Either fast wise or low carb wise. Means you've tamed your inner naughty person.
Once you hit Ketosis you will be guaranteed a could of pounds off a week.
08 Jul 2014, 09:23
Sounds very good to me @alexsid you seem to have the right balance, I would have expected a move by now
but just keep on doing the same, your body will get
the message eventually.
08 Jul 2014, 14:02
Thank you Caroline and Sue. Both helpful and supportive as ever x

Yes appetite reduced and have noticed less bloat today and a small shift on the scales. You're both great. Thanks again

Alex x
08 Jul 2014, 14:23
I am missing fasting. Six more days of the summer blitz then I can.
It's good; it's taught me greater control, that I can eat properly and not offend anyone, and it's ingrained three good meals that result in 75g carbs a day if I stick just to them.
I will gradually re-introduce avocado and nuts (much lower quantities), and I'm very mindful of fruit, only strawberries so far.
It's been good on the bunged up front, my biggest problem with fasting, but I've tried 3000mg of vitamin C and it proved most successful, so a resolution to that means all shall be well!
08 Jul 2014, 15:30
Dipping my toe tentatively in this tent. After a carb heavy weekend topped off with afternoon tea at Claridge's (fabulous), I felt sooo bloated. My weight also tends to fluctuate a lot and I feel like the loss has stopped/is slowing.

I'm really good on fast days, completely carb-free (except veg), lots of water etc. My issue is the feast days, I just tend to go overboard.

I cannot give up carbs completely, as there are only two of us in the house on a very strict grocery budget. My boyfriend works out a lot and absolutely will not accept any of my sneaky substitutions. Plus I just love carbs too much.

I've decided, as a halfway house, to switch all carb intake to brown (pasta, rice, noodles). Twice a week I have a brown bread sandwich at work (don't eat lunch the other three days), and I've given up having breakfast at all, and don't miss it (and it was always carb based). I've also found that polenta is quite low carb (although correct me if I'm wrong), and I might give bulgur wheat a try. I will also make a conscious effort to have smaller portions of carb on my plate and a bigger proportion of veg (we split the meat down the middle!).

I'm giving up refined sugar as much as possible - only drinking alcohol at social events, not keeping biscuits or cakes in the house. I need to teach myself that fruit is an okay pudding! And if I'm craving a treat, then it's a square or two of dark choccy.

And no more low fat cheese!

It's not as intense as many of your regimes - I admire you for living without pasta (it's my ultimate favourite food).

How does this sound for a start though? Do you think I will see a bit of a difference in my bloating/on the scales? Hopefully the fewer carbs I have, the less I will crave them!
08 Jul 2014, 15:50
That sounds a great plan @lottie89! Just swapping veggies in for carbs can make quite a difference. And of course giving up breakfast. No need to go lower if it works for you. Give it a month or two and see what happens!
08 Jul 2014, 16:04
Hi Lottie

I live with a 6' 4" man and our 5 yr old son both of whom can eat as much as they like without problems. Then there is me! I make food for them and have gradually found on this WOE that it does get easier to resist. I have also found my cravings since joining the low carb tent for sugary things has reduced. It has taken a little while and experimentation to eventually find that with low carb, high fat and no sugar, the need/desire for it subsides. I am not so bloated today but generally it can be a problem so I feel for you.

Good luck

Alex x
08 Jul 2014, 22:20
I am glad to see this tent with other low carbers. May I join? I have been eating mostly low carb for 2 years and the weight loss stopped (even when I counted calories/carbs). I like the way low carb eating has helped my husband and I get off all our medications. Unfortunately, it is not easy to loose the weight anymore...and I fell off the LC wagon more times than I can count.

I am on week four of IF and absolutely love how it helps control my appetite on feed days. I actually look forward to my fasts and feel they are getting easier to do. I think I have more energy on fast days compared to the feed days. I'm not sick or having headaches. I just don't want to exercise or be as productive on feed days... I'd rather take a nap! Maybe I need more carbs? Anyone else having this issue?
09 Jul 2014, 16:53
Oh :poop: poooo Didn't realise courgettes were quite
high in carbs
Never mind good carbs I suppose, had no "white" carbs today and todays count is well under 100 g
another lesson learned, ( check before you cook ) :like:
09 Jul 2014, 17:30
@sue.q I don't think courgettes are high in carbs. Atkins give 1.5 per half cup. Mtfitnesspal says 1 per 80g (which s what I put in my curry tonight!)
09 Jul 2014, 17:43
PennyForthem wrote: @sue.q I don't think courgettes are high in carbs. Atkins give 1.5 per half cup. Mtfitnesspal says 1 per 80g (which s what I put in my curry tonight!)

Thanks @PennyForthem you've just made my night
:heart: :like: :clover: :heart: :victory:
10 Jul 2014, 19:13
I would just like to say a gigantic thank you to the low carbers here but most especially Carieoats and Sue.Q.

I have lost the bloat (I think, feel more comfortable), 1/2 inch off my waist and 1lb in 5 days (all of which I have been in ketosis according to the headaches and wee test sticks). I feel I am now burning fat and weighed the same 2 days in a row!!

Small steps but I am over the moon and my appetite is much reduced. Not craving carbs or sugar. I am going to change from ADF to 16:8 as this seems to suit me better.

Hooray and thank you both. Early, oh so early days and I say this very tentatively but I feel I might at last, be on my way....

Alex x x
10 Jul 2014, 21:11
Well done @alexsid Thats absolutely brilliant news well done you on sticking with it you've now been suitably rewarded for your efforts. :like: :clover: :heart:

I must practice what I preach coz I've had a bad week,
yes I've done low carbs but the chocky monster struck. :shock:
10 Jul 2014, 21:21
Thank you Sue x
11 Jul 2014, 07:07
https://www.fastday.com/fasting/fasting ... rning-fat/

@Loversghost and anyone else with questions about fat burning and low carb. Check this out it's carorees's info found on this forum info bit.
Previous 1 ... 63, 64, 65, 66, 67, 68, 69 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 66 of 96