The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 75 of 96
Previous 1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
01 Sep 2014, 07:53
Slimmer, I tried it and ended up craving sugar so I failed completely, and like you I struggle to get and keep weight off. I hope someone can give you some advice that is usual!
01 Sep 2014, 07:54
I know what you mean slimmer, holidays have a lot to answer for. I'm 6lb heavier than I was six weeks ago. So will join you for low carb, 16.8 and 4.3 all thrown in together until I lose it.

Roast chicken and salad tonight. Boullion or oxo at lunchtime if I need it,
01 Sep 2014, 09:37
Keeping the carbs below 80g a day seems to be the sweet spot apparently.
I've recently read an article by Robb Wolf saying women may well need slightly more carbs a day than men due to body and brain physiology, but still best to avoid grains and go with some peeled potatoes when necessary. http://robbwolf.com/2014/02/20/females- ... -hormones/
With the advent of Autumn and Winter coldness I'll be giving this a go whilst keeping a gentle eye on the carb count to get a good balance.
What do you think?
01 Sep 2014, 10:52
Hi @slimmer I'm sure your plan of lower carbs combined with 4:3 is plus 16:8 on all other days eating healthy foods is the way to go but earlier this year I did join Debs on a trial that carorees had advised to her of 3 days of that Atkins phase of very low carb = 20 grams a day
I ended up doing 4 days because I realised my sugar in my teas was ruining my carb count so on day two I gave up sugar and popped in the extra day, this kickstarted my weightloss again but unfortunately didn't work for Deb, she actually had worse cravings, I had a holiday shortly after that trial and gained 5kgs/11lbs and have used the lower carb system more often since then without the Atkins, our body doesn't need carb to survive so going so low isn't a problem health wise.
Good. Luck give it the 3 days but keep up the lower carbing, I can feel your frustration and know exactly how you're feeling not seeing your bmi drop again mines been yo yo ing most of this year but getting there slowly now but don't forget my bmi was
over 44 at my start !!!
It all slows down we've got to help it along the way and play the waiting game just when we don't want to. :clover: :clover:
01 Sep 2014, 17:35
Thanks for your replies and encouragement. My head is all over the place today, we are off to a funeral tomorrow, so I will rethink and restart yet again on Wednesday.
X
01 Sep 2014, 17:50
Slimmer wrote: Has anyone tried the Atkins three day fat fast diet and if so, did it work?
@Slimmer, results for the fat fast tend to vary enormously - but that's only my observation of people who've done it on various forums and reported the results and the days after. Some people kept most of their losses, others regained all of them. Some found that the 90% fat intake (for a total of 1000kcals, iirc) completely suppressed the appetite, others were ravenous because of the tiny quantities of food and found that it triggered larger than usual meals after it was over.

Sorry that I don't have anything definitive to report - I can only go by the (self-selected) reports of approx. 40 people, all of whom were different ages and sizes.
01 Sep 2014, 18:51
Just watched BBC programme 'Inside Out' with a small section on eating sugars.
They said Government is now recommending women have no more than 25g of sugars a day, men 35g.
I have recorded my thoughtful eating today and it's come in at 19g of sugars, 63g of carbs (hurrah!).
06 Sep 2014, 16:34
Hello fellow low carbers.
Well I did the Fat Fast for nearly three days (did eat a little more and had a couple of drinks last night) and lost 4.3/4 lb!!
I decided to do the Atkins Induction over the weekend to try and keep the weight loss off and then I may do it all again next week.
I know this is back to the bad old days of dieting but at the moment I feel I need to do something to lose a bit of weight quickly and then I will go back to 4:3, 16:8 and low carb eating again.
X
06 Sep 2014, 18:21
Well done @slimmer That's absolutely brilliant :like:
Great kickstarter for your efforts that must have given you a very good feeling and should provide you with the motivation to carry you into a other week, congratulations :like: :clover: :heart:
07 Sep 2014, 16:32
I'm back here for the foreseeable, combined with 16.8. And no alcohol mon to thurs.
Now have Xmas party frock to stay slim for.
10 Sep 2014, 14:52
New evidence of fat burning yet, still using up that excess carbohydrate based fuel I guess. Gone off cheese a bit so my go to filling snack is not as pleasurable. Had a a bit of feta at lunch. That's about as much as I can take at the moment.
12 Sep 2014, 07:20
Morning Low Carbers.
I kept the weight lost last week off over the weekend and did another three days of the fat diet. I am now doing the Atkins Induction diet and will do this for the time being along with 16:8 The good news is that I have lost seven pounds since I started ten days ago and I feel great. No hunger and lots of energy.
X
12 Sep 2014, 11:52
Well done @slimmer That's a great loss for you I'm so pleased you've found the "key" to kickstarting your weightloss once again, great motivation for you carry on the good work. :clover:
12 Sep 2014, 12:43
Very well done @Slimmer, I'm hoping to get that lovely feeling soon.
Keep up the good work. :clover:
12 Sep 2014, 15:13
Thank you for your support and, hot off the press, I have turned pink at last!!!
X
Previous 1 ... 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 75 of 96