The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

1436 posts Page 74 of 96
Previous 1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 96 Next
Re: 2014 Low Carbers Tent
08 Aug 2014, 12:16
Loobyloulou wrote: Is this a good low carb lunch ?
I just had 100g of fat free cottage cheese with a huge salad of lettuce, peppers, mushrooms, cucumber and tomato.
Just wondering......
:confused:

Looks ok, but watch the low fat stuff, they often replace the fat with sugars which =carbs.
10 Aug 2014, 02:34
Sounds great to me @Loobyloulou. If its not a fast day why not have full fat cottage cheese?
Cooking with fats and eating full fat products took a while for me to get my head around but now I think its just fabulous! I just look at it like cooking how my grandother and great grandmother would have cooked. Real food and less stuff thats packaged.Its easy to give up /eat less bread,pasta etc when you get to cook and egg in butter, saute onions in drippings from the free range roast pork, eat crackling!!! With no guilt! Eat raspberries and thick cream, thick full fat yoghurt... Anyone want to add to the list??
10 Aug 2014, 08:21
julianna wrote: Sounds great to me @Loobyloulou. If its not a fast day why not have full fat cottage cheese?
Cooking with fats and eating full fat products took a while for me to get my head around but now I think its just fabulous! I just look at it like cooking how my grandother and great grandmother would have cooked. Real food and less stuff thats packaged.Its easy to give up /eat less bread,pasta etc when you get to cook and egg in butter, saute onions in drippings from the free range roast pork, eat crackling!!! With no guilt! Eat raspberries and thick cream, thick full fat yoghurt... Anyone want to add to the list??

Thanks for that @julianna, yes I can add to it. Full fat Greek yoghurt with berries cooked in balsamic vinegar. I often have this for brunch when those pesky strawbs go a bit mushy in the fridge.
I could add more. Oh yes cauliflower cheese, coffee with cream floated on the top of it. A juicy rib eye steak. Butter on that toast (only have white carbs at the weekend).
10 Aug 2014, 23:07
That's sounds lovely @carieoates, I'll have to try the balsamic with strawberries. Re white carbs on weekend- I do that too. I did give up wheat completely for 3 weeks about 2 months back and I lost 6 cms and my plantar fasciatis improved dramatically. Now I pretty much only have wheat on Saturday home made pizza and Sundays crumbed calamari ( from aldi) and maybe 1 slice of toast with beautiful butter.
Xx
23 Aug 2014, 21:37
This tents gone very quiet lately. :like:
Yes I'm still low carbing and reaping the health benefits it bring to me personally.
Its our bank holiday weekend here in the UK and we've spent the day in the Derbyshire Dales yes a beautiful part if our small island.
My victory is my first pair of proper walking boots in many years bought off the peg!!!!
Not xxxl wide and can't get into them oh no my tootsies slid all the way in @Wendy Darling I'm so excited.
Off down to Dovedale to try them out and a lovely walk along the riverbank to Mildale also taking in Ilam on the return walk back, probably 7 miles/11km!! Victory
Followed with a pub meal on the journey home.
All this became possible due to the low carb advice found on this forum from all the lovely
knowledgeable members.
:heart: :heart: :heart: MANY MANY THANKS :heart: :heart: :heart:
---------- :clover: Low Carber 4 Life :clover: ----------
23 Aug 2014, 21:51
My son made a delicious lasagne tonight with aubergine slices instead of pasta. Hardly any carbs in it and it tasted fabulous. This is the recipe the American measurements gave him a bit of trouble but it seemed to come out great. As I said no noodles or lasagne sheets in ours : http://www.marthastewart.com/313428/roa ... le-lasagna
23 Aug 2014, 21:58
Thanks for the recipe @Loulou51 I'll give that a try. :like:
I've tried using "sheets" of leeks and that was OK but think that version will bring other flavours into the dish.
23 Aug 2014, 22:12
I'm not keen on aubergine but this was very tasty. My son is 20 and isn't a really competent cook but he managed to follow the recipe ok. Give it a go.
23 Aug 2014, 22:20
@Loulou51 Yes I will deffo. :like:
I'm not much for aubergines either but I'm eating loads of veggies that I didn't before and I love courgette spaghetti Ive treated myself to a new slicer/mandolin and I think slicing the aubergine thinner would work well especially for a first time trial, have only used it on salads yet so that's 2 meals next week for me to try it on, got the courgettes and am doing a mini shop tomorrow. :heart:
24 Aug 2014, 07:42
I eat something similar most weeks, and often have it meat free on fast days. Yummy.
Yes this tent will be my favourite haunt once I go back to school/work in 10 days.
24 Aug 2014, 08:57
Mea culpa :0(. Been eating chocolates from OH's birthday and paid the price of a 1kg weight gain :0(. So easily done and so sickly :0(

So today is a New Day and I've made a Good Start with a teaspoon of coconut butter, a large soft boiled egg and fresh decaff coffee.
Must stay away from s u g a r
I will stay away from s u g a r
24 Aug 2014, 09:46
I am generally low carbing. A habit of donkey's years. I'm also fasting today. So for supper I'll be making Quiche Lorraine Low Carb. The 'pastry' underneath will be a Courgette sliced thin with a potato peeler. Then eggs and ham and cheese and some cream on top. Served with a homemade salad. I must not have a large piece.. though. Even low carb stuff can be fattening if eaten too much of... 5 hours to go before supper. This Fast Day Forum is a good way to make the time go faster. Thanks!
24 Aug 2014, 16:33
Drat it! Visited a village fete and accidentally ate a tiny GF fairy cake :0@
I am officially hopeless :0(

On the book stall I found a copy of The 2Day Diet cookbook by Dr Michelle Harvie and Prof Tony Howell for 50p, whereby you eat 1000cals max of <50g carb or none for two consecutive days then (for me) 1500cals max and max 6 carb servings for five days, with info on protein and fat etc servings too. Interesting stuff and nice recipes, so I took it as a sign to change up my game for a bit maybe.
We'll see :0)
Their website is www.thetwodaydiet.co.uk if you'd like a browse, though fasting is essentially the way forward forever obvs :0)
24 Aug 2014, 20:33
I'm still experimenting to find a low carb substitute for crisps that I wholeheartedly enjoy enough to be worth the faff of preparation and that stays crisp for a reasonable period of time. It's so we can have something in that DH likes and is suitable to be offered to visitors rather than something that is, 'Good/OK, considering it's low carb'.

However, in general, we manage OK. We were just reflecting this evening on how much our WOE has changed. We always ate with an eye on a low-mid glycaemic level of food intake but since 2011 we've cut the major carbs that we used to enjoy so much: rice, potato, pasta, bread. We've both come to prefer a cheeseboard to a pudding.

DH used to grizzle a bit about the items he missed but said tonight that he'd stopped feeling deprived of them which is helpful.
01 Sep 2014, 07:47
Desperate meaures required! Weight up again following our holiday and then a very foody weekend. I really want to kick start this weight loss and apart from this last few days, I have eaten 16:8, low carb and tried to fit in 3 fasts a week.

As a lifetime dieter I find it very difficult to lose weight (very low metabolism). Has anyone tried the Atkins three day fat fast diet and if so, did it work?

Sorry to ramble on again, but I really need to lose this weight.X
Previous 1 ... 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77 ... 96 Next
1436 posts Page 74 of 96