The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

70 posts Page 3 of 5
For anyone who is interested I have just downloaded the Rosie project from Amazon, through the 5:2 link, for 99p

Ballerina x :heart:
Oh @Ballerina I'm so glad you got a Kindle. It sounds as though it's just what you need...enjoy! Maybe you'll join the book club for our March read...this gives you time to finish all your other books!

Bean :geek:
So envious I love reading but bit busy at moment, my kindle got disconnected from amazon some how. But am making a list and will endeavour some time soon, just have to read this thread and vicariously enjoy your opinions or decide just not to read some books.
Ok am parked on the daybed, under the pergola, looking at the roses with a glass of wine in my hand on a beautiful summer day currently 26 °c. (thats the skiteing out of the way, sorry to all of you in the middle of winter!) And I am about to finally start the Luminaries! Feels like the book I had to choose national pride and all that, and I have been to Hokitika.

Hoping it wont take me tooo long.....
@juliewil10 - that sounds lovely - and it will be great to know what a kiwi thinks of the book ... Hope you,re a quick reader and that daybed is comfortable :lol: :lol: :lol:

I am in bed on a Sunday morning here in England, just about to start the Rosie Project, once I've finished reading the Forum threads. :oops: :cool: :wink:
Oh dear @Silverdarling d'you think you'll EVER get to read your book?!

Oh sounds heavenly @juliewil10 just to have warm sun sounds wonderful, but with the Luminaries AND wine? What more could you ask for?! Hope you enjoy the book. I've been trying to read it for a few weeks now but, like SD, I find this forum just keeps getting in the way!!

Bean :geek:
@Silverdarlin , I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has yet to start the book, you are not setting a good example here, are you? :geek: :lol: I am going to have to ration my time on here. The big thing is that there is just SO much to read on here now that it takes me all my time just to plough through and then I don't seem to have much time for replies! just loads of 'thank you's' so folk don't the think I've gone AWAL. Must dash now, got lots to do, see you all later,

Ballerina x :heart:
Well, I bought the Rosie Project on my kindle yesterday and I have just finished it! I really liked it! I think it would make a great movie!

Thanks @carorees - your post is what inspired me to read it!
Oh why didn't I read Rosie Project? WHYYYY?

Bean :cry:
You still can. It's a super easy read! I think it took me about 4-5 hours.
...but not until I've read the blooming Luminaries. Bean is determined again!

Moany old Bean :geek:
@Ballerina thank you for the tip off about The Rosie Project for 99p, I have just downloaded it through the link. :smile:
juliewil10 wrote: ...on a beautiful summer day currently 26 °c. (thats the skiteing out of the way, sorry to all of you in the middle of winter!) And I am about to finally start the Luminaries! ... and I have been to Hokitika.

Hi @juliewil10 One thing that puzzled me a bit was the fact that the characters all seem to suffer from the cold wet Hokitika weather. I thought, isn't January/February (month of the events) summer in NZ, and isn't NZ warmer than Europe whence most of the characters came originally? So I would be interested if the book description coincides with your impression of the climate there. I suppose it might just have been a very soggy year, as we are having in UK this year.
Just stumbled into this area, with all the 'tents'-how fun! I'm a huge book nerd and actually have The Rosie Project on my February to read list (along with 11 others oiy!). I've got it on hold at my library and should have it by the end of this week :)
Hi @kentishlass. Hokitika is quite south, and on the west coast of the South Island. It is renowned for its high rainfall. The southern alps make a spine down the centre of the island and the weather gets pushed across the Tasman and then stays on the west coast blocked by the alps. I live much further north, on the east coast of the north island. My weather is more in the sub tropical range. Hokitika has the dubious honour of the record for the highest rainfall in NZ, and about 4 times as much as where I live, which holds the record for the highest sunshine hours. Needless to say I am not going anywhere.
NZ is warmer than Britain, where I live, but Hokitika is probably about the same as southern Britain, and if anything, wetter!
70 posts Page 3 of 5