The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

70 posts Page 4 of 5
No wonder NZ is known as 'the land of the long white cloud' ! @juliewil10 seem to remember you are Bay of Plenty area?? So about 600 miles from Hokitika - or the same as Dover to Inverness ... Just did my 'Nerds' Corner' thing, and looked how long NZ is from Cape Reinga to Invercargill - and it's nearly 1300 miles. Whereas Dover to John o' Groats is a piffling 750 miles ... So UK main island would nearly fit twice in NZ ... :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(PS just tested what 1300 miles looks like in terms of European distances ... it's Nice to Perth, Scotland! Nerdlet moment now officially over ... :lol: )
I've just started The Rosie Project! Hoorah!! I might actually read a book club book at the right time again :)

So far, I like it.
I am powering through The Rosie Project and really enjoying it. It kept me occupied for those tough 2 hours before dinner on yesterday's Fast.
Good kiwi knowledge @silverdarling. I am in Mt Maunganui which is popular beach holiday spot. We are about the same land mass as Britain but only 4 million people, and down to about 48 million sheep these days apparently. :smile: Lots of green space
Lived in Hawkes Bay for a year in 1963 with my family - started school there! Always wanted to go back but never made it yet. Some day ... :cool:
I am also enjoying the Rosie Project

Ballerina x :heart:
*No spoilers*

I just finished The Rosie Project and I'm really really cross with myself for rushing through it. I loved it.

Does anyone else get annoyed with Kindle telling you that you are 92% through only to find the story ends on the next page? the rest of the pages being Author interviews etc
I know exactly what your mown Sue, catches me out every time. I am just about to settle down and read a bit more of the Rosie project, and, I agree with you, NO spoilers before March 1st, I hope!

Ballerina x :heart:
WARNING: TOO MUCH INFORMATION!
[/spoiler]
Still waiting for my library copy to come in-this book is really popular and the wait list is long! Still hoping I get it before the end of the month :)
I guess the wait list is long because it takes people SO long to read it!!

Bean :geek:
nursebean wrote: I guess the wait list is long because it takes people SO long to read it!!

Bean :geek:

How many pages is it? I'm a fairly fast reader and I've read 7 books so far in February. But, I won't tell you that my bathroom is clean or that all my laundry is caught up :lol: I probably should prioritize my time a bit better, but I love reading so much :heart:
Hi @Sarajaynevz - which book do you mean? Rosie Project = c 350p, Luminaries = 800+!! Take your pick!!
Not in this club but like sound of Rosie Project ..will get from library
Annoyed coz three books i already returned re showing up as still out on loan! This has happened before..think at times the librarians forget to process them coz theyre busy then the books are whizzed back onto the shelves. Grrrr irritating ! I need a * shakes fist* smiley! X
Hi @Candicemarie - you don't need to sign up for this club - we are very liberal and all-comers welcome, as long as you want to read something :lol: :shock: :wink:

Re the library - the library assistants will either not have checked your stuff in properly, or even more likely, there is a computer system glitch - in any case, tell them about this ... They will always rectify the situation for you - and believe me, they can tell when someone is just telling porkies to get out of fines, so never fear :shock: :wink: :lol:
70 posts Page 4 of 5