The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

70 posts Page 1 of 5
There is a choice of two books this month -

The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton (Booker winner) or debut novel by Australian author Graeme Simsion - The Rosie Project.

Read either - or both :shock: :wink: (I've a feeling that we may be reading into February - or even March ... :bugeyes: )
Re: 5:2 JANUARY BOOK CLUB
11 Jan 2014, 23:09
Thanks silverdarling, the Luminaries for me as I am going to be hiding from the heat in Adelaide next week, it will keep me occupied!!
Re: 5:2 JANUARY BOOK CLUB
12 Jan 2014, 10:02
I am going to go for 'The Rosie project' as it sounds fun and January always needs as much fun things as possible to cope with the post holiday blues.

Ballerina x :heart:
Just bumping this up to say we've now gatecrashed the Glamping Grounds!

Now back to reading the books ...
(and ... errr November's book in my case :bugeyes: :oops: :doh: :grin: )
Silverdarling wrote: Just bumping this up to say we've now gatecrashed the Glamping Grounds!

Now back to reading the books ...
(and ... errr November's book in my case :bugeyes: :oops: :doh: :grin: )

You've not read NOVEMBERS book yet? You,slothful hussy :shock: :lol:
I thought I was bad not having read January's yet, feel positively saintly now :angel:

Ballerina x :heart:
Has anyone actually finished "The Luminaries" yet?!! I'm about 38% in (roughly!) I am enjoying it but I'm also thinking if all those Kindle daily deals that are mounting up, itching to be read!

Do I take it that the two book choices are covering us for Feb too, so that there will be no new book choice until March?

Inquisitive Bean :geek:
No! I have started but keep getting distracted by this $!!$ing forum :lol: :lol:
I need a few long flights without internet!
55% into The Luminaries. I did start a while ago and then started again as I had stopped for a bit and got totally confused. I think I suggested this before I realized how long it was, sorry. Anyway I might be camped here for a while trying to finish.
I chose The Rosie Project as it was shorter! I really loved it, so funny...and I read it in about 2 days. I'd recommend it to anyone who likes The Big Bang Theory or The IT Crowd TV programmes. The protagonist is so like Sheldon Cooper of The Big Bang Theory.
Yes I know what you mean about distractions @Debs

Bean :bugeyes:
Oh my, I bought the Luminaries at Arlanda airport when I went to Houston, but gee it away to one of my American friends since I couldn't get into it. She did though and finished it of on the flight between Houston TX and Lodi WI. It's good we not all have the same taste :grin:
I think it's the sort of book that you shouldn't have too many breaks from so I reckon a long flight would probably be a most useful time to read it. I am enjoying it so far but am not sure how much further this particular storyline can go on with so many pages to go. Watch this space...

Bean :geek:
Started the Luminaries, but I'm so distracted starting a new job, it might need to be The Rosie Project!
Ooh yes, I think you're right there @Rawkaren start with something 'lighter'

Bean :geek:
I'd join in but I'm deep in Winter in Madrid by C J Sansom and it's brick size. I'll catch up when it's completed.
70 posts Page 1 of 5