The FastDay Forum

Fastonbury Glamping Grounds

70 posts Page 5 of 5
Thanks for that @Silverdarling...according to the library,these books were only " overdue" yesterday,so they must know it's not the fines i' m trying to get out of! I'm a bit irritated with myself coz it happened twice several years ago,and i got into the habit of carefully watching when i returned books,but then got out of the habit again. X
Silverdarling wrote: Hi @Sarajaynevz - which book do you mean? Rosie Project = c 350p, Luminaries = 800+!! Take your pick!!

Rosie Project, I won't be getting to the Luminaries this time around (still have a few other books on my February 'to read' list yet, besides The Rosie Project :)

I'm so glad I've found this group-I'm such a big book lover and no one I know in real life likes to read-I drive my husband batty with all my piles of library books :geek:
What is sidekick book buddy please?

Having read recommendations on here, I thought I would get the Rosie Project. Someone said it was 99p but perhaps that was a special of the day deal? I found at Amazon it is £3.18 for the Kindle edition, or £1.87 for the "Side Kick Book Buddy". I suppose £1.31 difference is not much in the scheme of things, but I'd naturally prefer to pay £1.87. But why the difference? Is the Side Kick thing the real deal?

Advice appreciated!
Hmmm. It's still just $1.99 in the U.S. I think the sidekick is sort of a Cliff Notes - with analysis of the book and explanation. I don't think you can get it in place of the actual book.
kentishlass wrote: What is sidekick book buddy please?

Having read recommendations on here, I thought I would get the Rosie Project. Someone said it was 99p but perhaps that was a special of the day deal? I found at Amazon it is £3.18 for the Kindle edition, or £1.87 for the "Side Kick Book Buddy". I suppose £1.31 difference is not much in the scheme of things, but I'd naturally prefer to pay £1.87. But why the difference? Is the Side Kick thing the real deal?

Advice appreciated!

I've just had a look on Amazon and yes, it is now £3.18 and the Sidekick book buddy looks to me like, but don't take this as fact, a study aid book. I clicked on the 'look inside' option and the chapters were all things like...

"Writing style analysis"

"character reference list"

"Chapter by chapter analysis"

Etc., etc so it does not look like the book proper to me.

Good luck,

Ballerina x :heart:
Thanks guys, looks like I'll have to cough up the £3.18.

Study aid book, what a horrible idea. Though come to think of it, I could have done with one for the Luminaries!
Oh joy, oh bliss, oh thank you for the recommendation.

(Kindle 26% of the way into Rosie Project)
So you're enjoying Rosie Project are you? Hmm I keep umming and ahhing about whether to get it or not...doh!

Bean :starving: :geek:
Well I've finally finished The Luminaires. I enjoyed it once I could remember who everyone was. @nursebean, I agree with you about the ending, it'd like she sort of run out of steam.
SianS wrote: *No spoilers*

I just finished The Rosie Project and I'm really really cross with myself for rushing through it. I loved it.

Does anyone else get annoyed with Kindle telling you that you are 92% through only to find the story ends on the next page? the rest of the pages being Author interviews etc

Ditto to everything you say @Sians. I loved it, I binged on it, and I'm sad it's finished. And on my Kindle it came to a halt at 90%, grrr.
70 posts Page 5 of 5